Sign in to follow this  
DarkBaramos

Dragon Quest VII Progress

23 hours ago, AzureVoid said:

I’m just booting up a file of VII. I played really far through this game twice now. I’m actually at the final dungeon on the PlayStation version and have been there for years. I should really get on that. I’ve also played really far into the 3DS version but had to part with my game. Anyhow, I shall start my quest now and hopefully see it through before XI. 

Finish it!!!!

How many hours do you have logged on the save file?

19 hours ago, cprmauldin said:

Finish it!!!!

How many hours do you have logged on the save file?

I have a few hours over 100 on the PS version. I shall eventually. I have some more grinding to do before I finish it. I just love playing my DS. I’ll definitely finish it eventually. I did pay almost $100 for my almost new copy. Manual and all. 

5 hours ago, AzureVoid said:

I have a few hours over 100 on the PS version. I shall eventually. I have some more grinding to do before I finish it. I just love playing my DS. I’ll definitely finish it eventually. I did pay almost $100 for my almost new copy. Manual and all. 

$100?

For the PS1 version? I think I paid 45 for mine back in the day.

9 minutes ago, cprmauldin said:

$100?

That’s how much I had to pay for my used copy back in 2014. Came with the manual, original case, and both discs were still in good condition.

For the price Azure paid, it’s basically $1 = 1 hour. If he already made it to the 100 hour mark, it was money well spent.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, cprmauldin said:

$100?

Yeah, I paid $100 for a complete copy in 2011. I even bought a really decent quiality strategy guide. 

I agree Yangus, one file I hit 45 hours and then in 2013 I made a new file and hit 100. 

When I dabbled lightly into PS1 close to when ps2 came out I got the thin PS1, DW7, FF7, FF8, and FF9 for $120. I even managed to sell the FF'in games for $40 or $50, so a great deal overall!

Just finished Gröndal past and present. Not making as much progress as I had hoped I would. Distractions. 

15 hours ago, AzureVoid said:

Just finished Gröndal past and present. Not making as much progress as I had hoped I would. Distractions. 

Distractions.

The story of my life when it comes to gaming and my other hobbies. Between 70 hours of work per week, sleep, the gym, errands, and getting ready for a big move, I totally get it. The other thing that eats up my free time is Netflix. I go back and forth as to whether it is a good relaxation tool, or just a thief of my free time.

On 7/22/2018 at 4:51 PM, cprmauldin said:

Distractions.

The story of my life when it comes to gaming and my other hobbies. Between 70 hours of work per week, sleep, the gym, errands, and getting ready for a big move, I totally get it. The other thing that eats up my free time is Netflix. I go back and forth as to whether it is a good relaxation tool, or just a thief of my free time.

I only work 40 hours a week and I already feel like I don’t have enough time haha. I miss the days when I had all the time I needed to play games. Netflix eats time. 

Also, now at Greenthumb Gardens for the second time. 

Edited by AzureVoid

4 hours ago, Hecatomb said:

I just got DQ7 on 3DS, someone told me a while ago it will crash at random, hasn't happened to me yet. 

I dunno. After nearly 200 hours i've seen a few weird visual bugs, but nothing that caused the game to crash.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jay said:

I dunno. After nearly 200 hours i've seen a few weird visual bugs, but nothing that caused the game to crash.

Same here. Only thing with the 3DS version to watch out for is the infamous Maribel glitch.

1 hour ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Only thing with the 3DS version to watch out for is the infamous Maribel glitch.

Her being in the game is a glitch.

Jokes aside, I didn’t know there was a glitch associated with her. Of course even outside the context of the game world she ends up being obnoxious and a detriment to one’s enjoyment.

Just now, eal said:

Her being in the game is a glitch.

Jokes aside, I didn’t know there was a glitch associated with her. Of course even outside the context of the game world she ends up being obnoxious and a detriment to one’s enjoyment.

Yeah, if you have her in your party when you return to Hubble (Past) and try to obtain the Great/Greater Leveller spell for the hero, the game creates a “ghost slot,” of sorts in your party. If you go back to Maribel’s house you’ll find two party members there, but because the game still thinks you have a full party of 4, you can never get the two characters stuck in that spot back in your party unless you reset.

If you look up “Dragon Quest VII Maribel Glitch,” you’ll find better explanations/more info, but basically it boils down to: “If you have Maribel in your party, don’t go to Hubble in the past.” The glitch can really effect the save file, and from what I’ve read people can get locked out of areas and can no longer finish the game if you defeat Orgodemir.

10 hours ago, jay said:

From what I understand, it will crash if you save at a church some times, but it hasn't happened to me yet. 

8 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Yeah, if you have her in your party when you return to Hubble (Past) and try to obtain the Great/Greater Leveller spell for the hero, the game creates a “ghost slot,” of sorts in your party. If you go back to Maribel’s house you’ll find two party members there, but because the game still thinks you have a full party of 4, you can never get the two characters stuck in that spot back in your party unless you reset.

If you look up “Dragon Quest VII Maribel Glitch,” you’ll find better explanations/more info, but basically it boils down to: “If you have Maribel in your party, don’t go to Hubble in the past.” The glitch can really effect the save file, and from what I’ve read people can get locked out of areas and can no longer finish the game if you defeat Orgodemir.

From what I've read, Maribel can also destroy the game if you take her to Aeolus Vale past.

On 9/19/2018 at 2:18 PM, Erdrick The Hero said:

From what I've read, Maribel can also destroy the game if you take her to Aeolus Vale past.

I've heard this too!!!

Have you ever seen any videos of the glitch though? I'd like to see what it looks like.

anyone else find it strange that the hero and Maribel just know magic and its not explained? Most other dragon quest games they give a reason why other characters know magic. 

Well, for the hero I suppose it's not too far fetched to say it's from his crest. As for Maribel... your guess is as good as mine

I was under the impression that anybody in the Dragon Quest universe has the potential for innate magical ability, though it naturally manifests for some and not others (though through training anyone can learn to use their magic)...?

Regardless, it's pretty easy to assume that if God can set up this whole plan to ensure his own revival, he can give Maribel and anybody else magic to fulfill said plan. It seems like such a smaller feat to me than say, transporting an unborn child through time into another woman's womb.

Most dragon quest games explain you come from a line of chosen ones that are out to save the world, and have been given powers. Wizards, Sages, or Clerks all have been studying it. And most other characters seem to have studied magic as well.  Maribel far as I remember never studied magic, or was given powers