Dragon Quest VII Progress

Yeah, if you're not ready for it, those parts can be god awful. It's not long though, you can at least access Dharma/Alltrades pretty soon after Maribel joins you again

Maribel rejoining is definitely God awful.
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As for my test of the bug, you appear to be correct on Monty's lack of acceptance.   I managed to circumvent it because I hadn't obtained Chibi's memento at my last save, so I'm not going to speak

I'll let him know that.  By the way, I thought I would mention that he made pretty heavy use of your Monster Arena mini guide and found it very useful.  So thanks for your work on that!   Well, I ca

I am currently grinding up Vocations and putting the required number of battles to master them on a notepad. So far I have 5 vocations fully listed which are... Priest 1/5/7/10/15/15/15/30 Dancer 1/

Yeah, if you're not ready for it, those parts can be god awful. It's not long though, you can at least access Dharma/Alltrades pretty soon after Maribel joins you again

Maribel rejoining is definitely God awful.

She is a character I have a love-hate relationship with. She isn't necessarily bad to me as a part member, but her constant brash remarks, regardless of their reason and intent, makes her definitely not somebody you'd miss. It only adds insult to injury that I'll have to deal with her yet again in Heroes 2 -_-. She is funny and from my observation, a lot of it is out of concern and a little bit of jealousy, but sometimes it becomes obnoxious and goes too far from that line of just simple nitpicking.

Finally beat the game, including the bonus dungeons and 3 history tablets. As expected enjoyed the game tremendously, it was a fantastic adventure, no doubt about that. However, I wasn't expecting to laugh as much as I did when interacting with Pike. What a character! Kinda wished he would join the party. He would be the perfect jester. :laugh:

• Upvote 1

I've gotten all the monster classes done that I wanted. Next up is leveling a little bit(I want to get Ruff to at least 55) before dealing with the bonus dungeons head on.

Finally beat the game, including the bonus dungeons and 3 history tablets. As expected enjoyed the game tremendously, it was a fantastic adventure, no doubt about that. However, I wasn't expecting to laugh as much as I did when interacting with Pike. What a character! Kinda wished he would join the party. He would be the perfect jester. :laugh:

There's more than one history tablet?

Edit: That was a weird, my post ended up doubled.

Edited by Stepchan

Yep! There are three. First is about Kiefer, second is about Mervyn, and third is a new quest regarding Jacquelline that explains something that people sometimes question. 

Kiefer I did, but not the other two. Mainly because of bouncing back and forth between both DQVII(with the monster vocations maxed that I wanted) and Pokemon Sun.

I'll have to look into that then. With only a couple days before DQVIII's release left.

Man... I'm either going to be on triple gaming duty or focus on DQVII far more heavily over the next two days(At least I'm in the post game, this would be crazier if I hadn't beaten the game's main story yet). :P

Edit: Downloaded the other two.

Does Sir Mervyn need to be in the party his?

Edited by Stepchan

I'll bring him out for both then(which I'll be doing later tonight), just so I don't have to switch in between tablets. I'll put Maribel up for a little while since she's the second highest level wise.

They definitely weren't kidding about Mervyn's being short.

Also, it ultimately didn't matter who I had take a break for the high priestess tablet. Monsters were the same ones I fought when going to get Mervyn during the main story. I just ran from them.

• Upvote 1

Melvin's just required to open the door to the tower. If you don't have him with you, Jaqueline will ask you to go get him when you get there.

I learned this the hard way, since I don't keep Melvin in my active party. I breezed through the place since I have the Gospel Ring, though.

There are three story tablets at the moment.

I see. How did you enjoy the story tablets?

Finally finished the main game ("Chapter 3") tonight, just in time for DQVIII!

All in all, I enjoyed DQVII. It's the kind of game that does a lot of stuff well and you can tell there's a ton of polish put into it. The writing is delightful and the class system is addictive and fun. But I really think that it could've shaved several hours off it's runtime, and I'm not even talking about getting rid of whole stories or anything like that. There're simply too many parts that require backtracking through dungeons you've already completed, and slow-paced sequences that waste a lot of time. The game took me 90 (!) hours just to get to the main ending, and I would've been happier with a third of that shaved off the runtime if it meant better pacing and less retracing.

I still enjoyed it though--haven't played a DQ game that I haven't liked.

• Upvote 1

Honestly, I still haven't even reached Coastal in the English 3DS version yet. I really ruined the game for myself playing the Japanese version up until English release day.

• Upvote 1

Gotten the last three mysterious shards for the second bonus dungeon!

I thought I was going to have to level more for the Almighty(My team ranges from 56-62), but I surprised myself(longest took me 16 turns, quickest was 14). The stat seeds definitely helped(and the hero class).

Second bonus dungeon cleared! With that done, it's time for a nice long break from DQVII. I will come back to it sometime, but for now it is time for DQVIII.

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I've been replaying Dragon Quest VII since last night. Not an entire replay, but rather I'm working on filling up the Monster Meadows in my first file. Originally I didn't want to bother, but since I have to wait for real world days to pass in order to finish up the last camera quests for Cameron in DQ8 3DS, I figured "Why not?" and popped DQ7 3DS back in.

Currently I'm working my way through the DLC tablets to recruit all the special monsters within them first due to the lock out glitch. I have no idea if I'll go through with recruiting EVERY monster in the game, but we'll see what happens. I'm still in a Dragon Quest mood, so you never know what will happen.

• Upvote 1

I forgot how tedious it was to tame monsters for the Monster Meadows. While waiting for the DLC tablets to update I've been going through the post game dungeons to get all the monsters there, and I spent a good half hour or so just running around in two rooms to find the Fright Night enemy because the one time it appeared it immediately disappeared! Then to rub salt in the wound, as soon as I found another it was killed before I could use Animal Magnetism at all, and then the next one I managed to find ten minutes later just wouldn't die because he dazzled the party! AND THEN, after recruiting that one, they wouldn't stop appearing in the next few rooms.

$#!& you enemy spawning RNG.

The one good thing is that I managed to recruit a Metal King, so now I can slap it together with the Metal Mannequin and hopefully a Platinum King Jewel for the ultimate grinding map.

• Upvote 1