Sign in to follow this  
Cesar Hernandez-Meraz

Itadaki Street DQ&FF 30th Anniversary

Yes!

Finally another IS game. For the PS Vita! I always thought the Vita deserved this.

And I hope it will be a full Itadaki Street experience, not a watered down one like the Nintendo/Super Mario versions (or even the Portable version).

DQ and FF in Itadaki Street Special for the PS2 was an awesome game. It had two totally different game modes and a lot of playable characters, including main heroes.

It's time we get something huge like that again.

Edited by Cesar Hernandez-Meraz

I'm so pumped for this. It better come to the states.

Can we campaign for this?

I checked. You cannot.
  • Upvote 1

I checked. You cannot.

I'm going to anyway. I do what I want.

...I'm going to wait until I get home from Hawaii though... I have more time-sensitive (albeit less important) matters to attend to.

I checked. You cannot.

I'm going to anyway. I do what I want.

Heheheheh.

Man, it's just a joke. If you ask, people can answer, and the answer can be anything.

This is a "just do it" situation from the beginning.

Sorry if I came off rude, I was joking too. (To be fair though... The "i do what I want" thing may only be common amongst my co-workers.)

• Upvote 2

Sorry if I came off rude, I was joking too. (To be fair though... The "i do what I want" thing may only be common amongst my co-workers.)

Oh, I knew you were! It's how we are!
  • Upvote 1

Will you import this game, Matt?

And for PS4?

And for PS4?

Oh. Your post doesn't say PS4. Nah, I'll pass. I barely have time for English releases. Fun stuff though!

And for PS4?

Oh. Your post doesn't say PS4. Nah, I'll pass. I barely have time for English releases. Fun stuff though!

It doesn't because I always go portable when the choice is available. Unless the game is too different, in which case I go home and portable.

And it kind of says "PS4", but only on the video window (the still image and I guess some mention in the video itself). It is not the most noticeable thing in there.

• Upvote 1

I'll be buying both versions.

• Upvote 1

I'll be buying both versions.

That's the spirit! :D

Vita has had recent Firmware hacks, pretty much allowing customization and editing of software. Even if this doesn't come stateside perhaps a fan translation could be done. The translations of the PS2 and PSP Itadaki Streets were awesome.

Anyone got this?

I just got it last week and I'm loving it so far.

Will need help if I ever want to win the online trophies, though...

Edited by Cesar Hernandez-Meraz

Anyone got this?

I just got it last week and I'm loving it so far.

Will need help if I ever want to win the online trophies, though...

What is it exactly? I remember hearing about this game coming out but I never understood the connection to DQ.

And hi by the way. I don't think I've seen you post in a while.

• Like 1

What is it exactly? I remember hearing about this game coming out but I never understood the connection to DQ.

And hi by the way. I don't think I've seen you lost in a while.
They've had quite a few DQ iterations of the game. Fun Monopoly-style board game. There was one that came out for Wii in the US called Fortune Street.
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

I don't have this. a06596e25bb614ff517b8b024ac43d62.jpg

Let's just ask permission from the wife and the boyfriend and you can have it anytime. :D:D:D

Assuming they give their permission, of course.

17 hours ago, AustNerevar said:

17 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
17 hours ago, AustNerevar said:

And hi by the way. I don't think I've seen you lost in a while.

They've had quite a few DQ iterations of the game. Fun Monopoly-style board game. There was one that came out for Wii in the US called Fortune Street.

And hi by the way. I don't think I've seen you post in a while.

Just like Matt said. This is Monopoly with more things to do, like buy shares from different areas and then invest on the shops, which brings the shares' values up. Or down, if the shop values decrease.

The first ones had their own characters created for them, with perhaps a Dragon Quest based board, but nothing more.

When Enix became Square Enix, they released Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy in Itadaki Street Special for the PS2. I think that was the best of all. Lots of characters, a few nameless DQ heroes included (they used your name for them), and a "sphere" mode that you could unlock after finishing the game.

Then they had DQ and FF in Itadaki Street Portable for the PSP. This was a lesser version with less characters, less boards and less modes.

And Idataki Street DS (Dragon Quest and Super Mario for the NDS was even smaller.

The Wii version was like the Nintendo DS version. Sadly, that is the one we got released here. I am sure the Final Fantasy one would have been more successful. Better overall, with better designs, and without the public's expectation to be just like a normal Super Mario Party game.

I've been busy with work. changed projects and then even changed jobs less than three months ago.

I also try to avoid spoilers as XI is one DQ I did not buy right after Japanese release, so I am very much ignorant of the story and would prefer it to stay that way until I slowly discover it by myself when playing it

• Like 1