Sign in to follow this  
Dark Slime

Best DQ8 Monster Team to beat Arena

For me the best Monster Team to beat Rank A and S are Talos, Octurion, and Swordoid. You can get Talos anytime at Neos, but you cant get the other 2 until you beat Rank B.

But Talos' HP is high at 801, and he is very strong so he doesn't take much damage. Swordoid often has multiple attacks per turn, and can put monsters to sleep in battle. And Octurion is the best healer in the game. He has Fullheal and unlike some monsters he knows to use it on all team members when needed. Octurion's attack isn't that bad either.

These guys are much better than the monsters who have 900+ HP like Boss Troll, Archfiend, or one of the Cyclops. Those guys I use to make my way to Rank A, but they cant make it past A.

I typically use Talos, Stoneman and Gryphus. Gryphus gets Kabuff to further boost the statues' already good defense and Flame Breath for full party damage, and StoneMan's Desperate Attack is great for when you have to fight the Metable

Yeah but Gryphus is a Bonus Monster you dont have access to until you beat the game. You can beat Monster Arena much sooner without him, then you can get all the prizes earlier.

Edited by Dark Slime

The sword skeleton and the octopus with full heal are basically unshakeable the most useful. Third party member depends on what you're fighting. I thing I prefer the Gigantes for S rank for criticals on the Metal, though maybe the strongest Killer Machine for SS rank.

My three gollems CAN get the job done if you're lucky and none of the three die.

Otherwise, 2 gigantes and talos have a decent chance of lasting through two rounds of punishment, but it takes a lot of luck.

Most reliable option imo: Hev, curer and skeledoid. Octurion is good, but he spends a lot of time forgetting his healing-duties.

Funny you should mention that Michster, because I RARELY lose with My 3 Golems.  As a matter of fact, I tried to use all of the special teams you can get in the game and none came close to what those three can accomplish.  The weak link in that team tho is when they refuse to combine and the regular golem gets picked off.  At that point it is a tossup but I have never lost on the Rank A standings and I have rarely had an issue in Rank S.  Like others said however, Talos and Octurion are the best pairing of early appearing monsters that give you the best nucleus of a team.  I like to add a Gigantes for added critical potential and I find that Octurion usually hits the heal when needed.

Talos, Skeledoid and Octurion are the best IMO. They beat A and S in one try when I did it.It looked a little hairy at some stages, but Octurion's Full Heal let them roll over all the other teams.

• Upvote 1

Talos, Skeledoid and Octurion are the best IMO. They beat A and S in one try when I did it.It looked a little hairy at some stages, but Octurion's Full Heal let them roll over all the other teams.

Those are the 3 I remember killing it with!
  • Upvote 1