Sign in to follow this  
Bururian

New Traveler's Tablets

I connected to the Download bar, and now there are three new Traveler's Tablets available for download.

"A Poisonous Party"

"Here be Dragons"

"Harvest Festival"

The other three:

"Treasure Hunt"

"Feral Forest"

"Tough Nuts"

These three are still available until the 30th. So get them before they are gone!

How many can you store, I tried a couple of the original released ones and got my butt kicked

I'm unsure. I'll check the manual, see if it says anything.

The original three released are for levels starting at 15, 16, and 30. I haven't tried them yet since my party is at level 14.

Feral Forest
Level 15+

Tough Nuts
Level 16+

Treasure Hunt
Level 30+
Edited by Bururian

It's somewhere around 50 total.  It's not very many TT's overall.  I forget the exact count.

It's somewhere around 50 total.  It's not very many TT's overall.  I forget the exact count.

I've not been able to find a number anywhere. if there was a max I'd imagine 99. Where did you find 50?

Granted, the Haven and DLC ones you don't really need to hold onto (aside from maybe the story ones) after you clear them, unless for farming purposes such as regular seeds in a chest or stuff like that.

You only get the reward once, like super seeds, and you can't level the monsters up from those tablets I think.

Or if it has a unique monster not found in-game, you can apparently try and tame it, and then toss it.

Edited by Tiael

So I went to the download bar and tried putting up one of my tablets to trade/share whatever. I ended up getting 3 of the exact same tablets back. It was the 2nd tablet you get, with all the purple eggplants. It was a breeze, zipping through. The The boss was SUPER hard! Like harder than the Faraday robots! He's hitting me at level 14 for 60HP a round. Had he hit the same person twice in a row, I'd have been dead. Sap did 60 Def reduction each time and Kiefer did like 2 damage the first round. It was ridiculous!

Then I win and get the awesome... Medical Herb.

So I went to the download bar and tried putting up one of my tablets to trade/share whatever. I ended up getting 3 of the exact same tablets back. It was the 2nd tablet you get, with all the purple eggplants. It was a breeze, zipping through. The The boss was SUPER hard! Like harder than the Faraday robots! He's hitting me at level 14 for 60HP a round. Had he hit the same person twice in a row, I'd have been dead. Sap did 60 Def reduction each time and Kiefer did like 2 damage the first round. It was ridiculous!

That's crazy. Does sharing the tablets make them harder somehow?

I wonder. I thought I read somewhere about levels of tablets going up, but am I confusing that in my head with Legendary Bosses in DQIX? And if so, are only the bosses harder and not the individual enemies.

I got 3 copies of that map from my online time. I'll try the other 2.

I'm unsure. I'll check the manual, see if it says anything.

The original three released are for levels starting at 15, 16, and 30. I haven't tried them yet since my party is at level 14.

Feral Forest

Level 15+

Tough Nuts

Level 16+

Treasure Hunt

Level 30+

I don't know how they got those numbers. I am at level 22 and I cannot beat the forest one. Those purple monkeys hit me for like 80-100 damage and they show up in a lot of battles.

• Upvote 1

You aren't the first I've heard having trouble with those tablets post suggested levels. That's really weird.

I wonder. I thought I read somewhere about levels of tablets going up, but am I confusing that in my head with Legendary Bosses in DQIX? And if so, are only the bosses harder and not the individual enemies.

I got 3 copies of that map from my online time. I'll try the other 2.

I should connect and see if I can get some shared tablets to see if they are any harder as well.

• Upvote 1

I only cleared up to the axeassin one of all the normal tablets. Only dlc one I tried was Tough Nut, because I thought they would be like the ones near the abbey. They do trip up/cast op spells without enough mp, but when they attack normally and connect, they hit like a muthatrucker, even the mage types. XD

But yeah, I'm going to save the dlc ones for later, and maybe remove some regular ones when I really need to. Sucks that there is a limit. There are many different types of tablets to get through. Just look at your stamp list to get an idea(you get a stamp for every completely new tablet you enter apparently). Something around 417 stamps to collect. O.o

Edited by MetroidXPS
  • Upvote 1

I reached the Haven on 29th September and I connected to the Download Bar and there were 6 Traveler's Tablets available. I checked the list and 3 of the tablets I downloaded were the ones that started to be available on the 30th. No trace of treasure Hunt, feral forest or tough nuts. I don't understand why I missed them since I connected before the deadline. I live in Europe, maybe the maps are different there? Thanks in advance.

I still have not beat ANY of the DLC tablets, even the first ones they put out. I don't know why they think that level 15 characters can complete them, but I sure as hell can't. Now that I've got Melvin I'm going to start trying again.

I still have not beat ANY of the DLC tablets, even the first ones they put out. I don't know why they think that level 15 characters can complete them, but I sure as hell can't. Now that I've got Melvin I'm going to start trying again.

You'll be OK now for some. I went in at level 22 and did the two lower ones.

I don't understand why they made them so impossibly hard. It's so hard, that it's not really fun at all. It's really bizarre when compared to how easy the rest of the actual game is.

• Upvote 1

I don't understand why they made them so impossibly hard. It's so hard, that it's not really fun at all. It's really bizarre when compared to how easy the rest of the actual game is.

Actually, maybe that's a good thing.

There's three new dlc ones now. The dracky one is the first easy dlc I've gotten. Got a slime stick out of it. Weaker than the weapons I have, and nothing special about it. Probably just for appearance.

• Upvote 1

Does anyone know what this Memories of an Old Friend DLC is and how to access it? I see it on Nintendo's DQ site, but I can't get it from the Download Bar.

Does anyone know what this Memories of an Old Friend DLC is and how to access it? I see it on Nintendo's DQ site, but I can't get it from the Download Bar.

Believe you have to have beaten the game first.

Okay, thanks for the info! :)

Hopefully that DLC will still be available then.

There's three new dlc ones now. The dracky one is the first easy dlc I've gotten. Got a slime stick out of it. Weaker than the weapons I have, and nothing special about it. Probably just for appearance.

Slime stick. Can't even sell it.

Okay, thanks for the info! :)

Hopefully that DLC will still be available then.

I think you can figure out which old friend it will involve. 😉 It's supposed to be a permanent one, always available.