DQXI will have actual party members?

Maybe for the ending of the game the creators will have made the final boss too OP for the main character to beat, so they'll make the main character go through a three month off screen training sequence to learn a technique that wasn't foreshadowed or had any build up too, while the final boss is just walking around the heroes hometown but not actually killing anyone, then the hero shows and one shots the final boss by ascending to the level of a God without any tension or build up, then the MC loses all his powers, but his mentor comes in just in time to seal the final boss away.

So, what anime or manga did this occur in?
Hah, it was Bleach, the fight with Aizen was a bit anticlimactic.

This video pretty much sums it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SFT9PD3gT8

Ah, yes. This leads to the Fullbring arc, doesn't it? Or is there something in between?

I never stayed with Bleach long enough to see the Fullbring stuff, but I know the big bad was supposed to be a real badass.

Ginjo was pretty cool, but if you want a big bad whose a real badass, Aizen will always be the guy to go to.

But didn't Ginjo

actually kill Yamamoto?

Aizen couldn't do that.

Ginjo was pretty cool, but if you want a big bad whose a real badass, Aizen will always be the guy to go to.

But didn't Ginjo

actually kill Yamamoto?

Aizen couldn't do that.

Nope, that was the last antagonist, a boring Quincy whose sole character trait is him saying "I'm a god" over and over again.

But didn't Ginjo

actually kill Yamamoto?

Aizen couldn't do that.

Nope, that was the last antagonist, a boring Quincy whose sole character trait is him saying "I'm a god" over and over again.

....A Quincy pulled that off? A freaking Quincy!? Are you joking?

Dammit, Bleach!

But didn't Ginjo

actually kill Yamamoto?

Aizen couldn't do that.

....A Quincy pulled that off? A freaking Quincy!? Are you joking?

Dammit, Bleach!

The final arc was a war between the Quincy and the Soul Society. To put it into context, the arc started my Senior year of high school, and I've been out of college since May and it ended just a few weeks ago.

It was nonstop

> overconfident good guy uses amazing ability, chapter ends with bad guy turning the tables

> overconfident bad guy uses amazing ability, chapter ends with good guy turning the tables

> limited dialogue with lots of two-page spreads that are nearly all black

> repeat for two months

For about three and a half to four years.

I'd argue that Naruto was better, even if it did have more true final boss reveals than Persona 4.

Naruto didn't let anyone but Naruto fight, but Bleach let everyone fight. For months. Most of them were bad too. Ichigo's battle was actually the shortest of them all too.

Edited by eal

You know it's like Naruto and and Bleach both fell into the same trap of having overpowered final villians, I hope that doesn't happen to One Piece, but, considering how overpowered Kaido and Balckbeard are looking to be, I hope Oda has this all planned out, knowing Oda, he probably does.

The villains have constantly grown ever stronger with each arc, which is certainly not wrong. Escalation is important. First alien in Gantz was a single guy that was just very strong, but by the end they were fighting waves of monstrosities that were capable of leveling portions of Japan. When you go back to the older parts of One Piece, his early battles were against pathetically weak enemies by today's standards that still took episodes to finish and usually only employed a couple of attacks between them. Those early fights were also missing that trademark crammed feeling you get now where kingdoms felt highly populated and panels were filled with people. The first few islands felt very empty up to the Arlong Arc. Now, you get close pinch battles where Luffy wins by literal seconds before a country is completely crushed in on itself and exerts himself to the point of near-death. If anything, the amount of escalation is higher in One Piece then the other two, it's just more properly balanced. Bleach and Naruto just relied too much on "forms." Naruto didn't learn new jutsu, just new forms. "Sage mode," "kyubi mode," crap like that. And he used the same jutsu within those forms, they just got a power upgrade. Ichigo didn't really get stronger in any measurable way, he just used Getsuga Tensho in a different appearance. Even to the very last battle. Luffy uses ever stronger gear forms, but they're not spammed out abilities he uses constantly.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know to much about bleach. Stopped watching after that battle over the town with the espada's(it has been a few years). Went a little slow for me. I did hear the series went to some disappointing places after that.

But yeah, I hope dragon quest 11 has party members with personalities again. Luckily that seems to be the route they are taking so far.

Just for the effect (since I can't write Japanese), I played the original DQII with the password system and to get around my inability to write the characters I just used my digital camera. I think back in 2005 it was a Canon Powershot A510 or something.