Sign in to follow this  
ErdrickRotoLotoOrtega

I have to admit--I prefer "Auster" over "Arus"

Unless I'm mistaken, it seems that "Auster" has replaced "Arus" as the hero's canonical name.

I have to admit--I prefer "Auster". It has more...oomph to it, no pun intended. It's more masculine, proper and seems to suit the young seafarer aspect of him.

Thoughts?

TastyBob is the one true name.

I like both, myself. I find myself calling him Arus and Auster interchangably, though for formality's sake the sorter uses Auster.

Just looked it up: "Auster" is greek for the southern wind, as opposed to Boreas, the North Wind. 

As Auster hails from the southern town of an island, in a town of sailors, it makes sense.

He'll always be Arus to me.

Honestly, I've come to love all of the new names. I have access to Alltrades Abbey now, where the name changer is, and unlike what I said prior to release, I had no intention of changing any of the names, nor do I for the two future party members.

So yes, I like the new names too! :)

It is also a pun on the word "oyster", which goes along with his parents' names being Pollock and Pearl.

• Upvote 1

Honestly, I've come to love all of the new names. I have access to Alltrades Abbey now, where the name changer is, and unlike what I said prior to release, I had no intention of changing any of the names, nor do I for the two future party members.

So yes, I like the new names too! :)

Me, too. Polluck and Pear, Auster....even "Ruff" is starting to grow on me. :P 

I wonder if they wanted it to sound German (like Kiefer). Auster is the German word for "oyster" while Kiefer is the German word for "pine tree" (and for "jaw"... yeah, I don't know why we have one word for 2 completely different things).

In the German version Auster is called "Renke" and Kiefer is called "Gismar"... I have no idea why, both names don't make sense to me...

Speaking of Kiefer. Someone pointed out an interesting reason for the King of Estard being named Donald. Kiefer Sutherland's dad is named Donald Sutherland.

• Upvote 1

Speaking of Kiefer. Someone pointed out an interesting reason for the King of Estard being named Donald. Kiefer Sutherland's dad is named Donald Sutherland.

Yep, we have a whole topic on that here. Good stuff, localisation team! Good stuff!

Hey, I really like the name too. I'm not exactly sure why...it just seems like a REALLY good name. A name I might have even taken for myself, if I'd thought of it.

Oh well. Too late now, I guess.