Sign in to follow this  
Dark Slime

I don't like it

You son of a gun.

Clickbait title.  touche, good slime.  Had me worried there.

Glad to hear it's worth it to you.  I think we're all enjoying it, those who are playing it these days.  I know I am!

Dark Slime!

*shakes fist*

I don't like Dragon Quest 7 on 3DS.......I love it!!!

Hahaha I bet you were fooled by the post title...

Not me, I knew that. ;)

Clickbait title.  touche, good slime.  Had me worried there.

Glad to hear it's worth it to you.  I think we're all enjoying it, those who are playing it these days.  I know I am!

No I knew the second I turned it on I loved it. Just replayed the PS1 version about a year ago, so this is bringing back great memories already.

Thou hast defeated the initial worry I had. :P

I have yet to play a DQ game that I did not like. Even though DQ9 is probably my least favorite of the main series due to the angel wings storyline and some other stuff, I still like the game.

I have yet to play a DQ game that I did not like. Even though DQ9 is probably my least favorite of the main series due to the angel wings storyline and some other stuff, I still like the game.

I agree. There is no bad Dragon Quest game out there. DQVI is actually MY least favorite but I still enjoy the game. The entire middle portion of that game really bothers me. It's a little TOO open world and not as fun to become lost in as it was in DQII. DQII is a game that's fun to become lost in--not so much in DQVI, in my opinion. Still, that game awards your patience in the middle section in spades. For some reason, though, I could never fully invest in the characters in that game and I don't really know why. Still a great game, though, and still much better than any Final Fantasy game, as far as I'm concerned.

Download Dragon Quest Wars and see if you still feel the same way.

I agree. There is no bad Dragon Quest game out there. DQVI is actually MY least favorite but I still enjoy the game. The entire middle portion of that game really bothers me. It's a little TOO open world and not as fun to become lost in as it was in DQII. DQII is a game that's fun to become lost in--not so much in DQVI, in my opinion. Still, that game awards your patience in the middle section in spades. For some reason, though, I could never fully invest in the characters in that game and I don't really know why. Still a great game, though, and still much better than any Final Fantasy game, as far as I'm concerned.

I like DQ6 better than D9 cuz DQ6 has the huge class system also used in DW7. And DQ6 also gives names and storyline to all your characters, unlike DQ9 which was a major disappointment with party members, especially after playing DQ8 with all those party members who have great backgrounds and storylines.

That's why I said I have yet to play one I didnt like cuz certain ones I avoid. I never played that Wii game, Swords Masked Queen or whatever, and I am pretty sure I wouldn't have liked that one.

*Everyone in the pub gasps*

Bartender: "We...we do not talk about that around here...I must ask you to leave this town!"

Man in dark corner of the pub, his face obscured in shadows: "WAIT!"

Everyone turns.

Man in dark corner: "I, ErdrickRotoLotoOrtega, have braved the bounds of DQW and lived to tell about it. It grinds on the gears of the worth of a man. You think you know darkness? TRUE darkness? You know NOTHING...to crawl through the coals of Hell on your hands and knees is but a privilege in comparison!"

.......ANYWAY, I was referring to the main series (and I should have made that clear) when I was talking about never playing a DQ game I didn't like. No, I did not like Wars. It's barely even a video game. It doesn't even qualify as a sound tactics game. It was obviously just a quick cash-in attempt on the name.

I like DQ6 better than D9 cuz DQ6 has the huge class system also used in DW7. And DQ6 also gives names and storyline to all your characters, unlike DQ9 which was a major disappointment with party members, especially after playing DQ8 with all those party members who have great backgrounds and storylines.

That's why I said I have yet to play one I didnt like cuz certain ones I avoid. I never played that Wii game, Swords Masked Queen or whatever, and I am pretty sure I wouldn't have liked that one.

Swords is surprisingly OK. It has a DQVIII atmosphere to it and the battles play out like DQ battles, for the most part. The only difference is that you swing the Wii Mote around...a LOT. I had to stop playing that game because I can't stand swinging that Wii Mote. I've never been a fan of controls like that. I also didn't like the way walk in that game. I could never get used to the controls. The game is rather good for anyone who may like using the Wii mote, though.

Also, Fluerette is second-best Dragon Quest waifu, so it has that going for it too.

Also, Fluerette is second-best Dragon Quest waifu, so it has that going for it too.

Indeed she is! Heck, I'd rotate her in a top 3 based on my day to day fluctuations of favorites.

Indeed she is! Heck, I'd rotate her in a top 3 based on my day to day fluctuations of favorites.

When I took French last year, all I could hear in my head was "Oui, Blade, oui. My hero." It was literally all I could take to not say it out loud in class.

Edited by eal

I feel the same way! I love DQII, and dont really like DQVI's middle that much.  I could have written your post.

I feel the same way! I love DQII, and dont really like DQVI's middle that much.  I could have written your post.

Great! :) Yeah, I don't what it is, but DQII is damn fun to be lost in but rather boring for DQVI. I can't fully explain why. Maybe I just find the world of VI dull in comparison to II. I don't know... 

I personally loved that section of DQVI, but the World of Ruin in FFVI is also my favorite part of the game.

I enjoyed the more open aspect, and figuring out your own path.

I personally loved that section of DQVI, but the World of Ruin in FFVI is also my favorite part of the game.

I enjoyed the more open aspect, and figuring out your own path.

I had no problem with the WoR. It was excellently implemented. Something about DQVI's middle just seemed... poorly implemented. I can't really put my finger on it.

I never personally found it that way.

To each their own.