Sign in to follow this  
ErdrickRotoLotoOrtega

My first impressions

Did they change the job system much? I remember some quirks in learning certain moves from two different jobs, by getting to four stars and then switching.

Did they change the job system much? I remember some quirks in learning certain moves from two different jobs, by getting to four stars and then switching.

Advanced and Super Human class skills do not carry out of them, while basic human class skills and monster class skills do. So if you learn Multiheal from Sage, it won't carry out of Sage, but if you learn it from Healslime, it will.

Monster classes needed a buff tbh.

Ok, is it me or is the encounter rate way up? The narrow corridors of Engow's volcano had me fighting 2 battles I couldn't avoid between each set of stairs. I remember clearly getting lucky about 1/2 the time in the volcano and not having an encounter at all between some stairs. This is clearly up in this dungeon, just wondering if in general it feels like more for everyone else.

• Upvote 1

Ok, is it me or is the encounter rate way up? The narrow corridors of Engow's volcano had me fighting 2 battles I couldn't avoid between each set of stairs. I remember clearly getting lucky about 1/2 the time in the volcano and not having an encounter at all between some stairs. This is clearly up in this dungeon, just wondering if in general it feels like more for everyone else.

Definitely up. The visible enemies make little difference in the dungeons. I can usually avoid them when I want to on the overworld but the dungeons? Not so much. We're talking NES-era encounter rate in these dungeons, in some cases.

Definitely up. The visible enemies make little difference in the dungeons. I can usually avoid them when I want to on the overworld but the dungeons? Not so much. We're talking NES-era encounter rate in these dungeons, in some cases.
Ok. I was thinking it in the gem mine a bit, but the volcano was crazy!

Yes, overworld is just fine. But I'm used to DQIX grottos where I could run away a decent amount of time. These corridors are so narrow, I can't.

Edited by Plattym3

It's not so much the spawn rate, but rather the dungeons weren't redesigned to accommodate the visible encounters.

• Upvote 1

It's not so much the spawn rate, but rather the dungeons weren't redesigned to accommodate the visible encounters.

Indeed. That's a better description.

OK, minor annoyance #3 for me. I like having my order: Keifer, Hero, Mari$#!&@. Every. Single. Tiny. Cutscene. Brings my lineup back to the default. This is going to piss me off the whole game. Just beat the volcano and I've reordered a good 7 or 8 times so far. Grrrrrrr.

• Upvote 2

Did you call her Mari$#!&@ on purpose or was that a weird typo?

OK, minor annoyance #3 for me. I like having my order: Keifer, Hero, Mari$#!&@. Every. Single. Tiny. Cutscene. Brings my lineup back to the default. This is going to piss me off the whole game. Just beat the volcano and I've reordered a good 7 or 8 times so far. Grrrrrrr.

That kept throwing me off in the Japanese version too. It's weird, but whatever, it's a quick fix.
  • Upvote 1

No love for Maribel :P

Marib1tch. Not a typo, I got censored.

Haha, not from me. We all have our favorites. And our unfavorites.

OK, minor annoyance #3 for me. I like having my order: Keifer, Hero, Maribel. Every. Single. Tiny. Cutscene. Brings my lineup back to the default. This is going to piss me off the whole game. Just beat the volcano and I've reordered a good 7 or 8 times so far. Grrrrrrr.

The same thing has been bugging me as well. It's like the game is trying to kill Maribel.

Oh, and I fixed your post. That was a weird typo.

I think I need to start a censorship topic about the Den. 😂😉

Maybe it'll get those users who created an account just to talk about FE Fates changes to come back. I mean, they totally joined the site specifically for Dragon Quest and not for discussing FE Fates, right?

• Upvote 1

Maybe it'll get those users who created an account just to talk about FE Fates changes to come back. I mean, they totally joined the site specifically for Dragon Quest and not for discussing FE Fates, right?
Maybe we'll get more people to join specifically to talk about censorship on the Den!

Ah, I adore Maribel! :P She's a little spit-fire and I love her. I can understand why some hate her, though. That abrasive personality fits cutely on her, in my honest opinion.

Hating Maribel? That's a paddlin'.

Ah, I adore Maribel! She's a little spit-fire and I love her. I can understand why some hate her, though. That abrasive personality fits cutely on her, in my honest opinion.
I'd blame it on a girl I once dated on and off for a year being so similar, but I'd played dw7 twice before that and never really enjoyed her. Oh well, I got party members enough later without her!

I think I need to start a censorship topic about the Den.

Maybe we'll get more people to join specifically to talk about censorship on the Den!

Pfft, you're crazy, that's not why those users joined. I mean, it was totally to discuss Dragon Quest and not a strategy RPG series.

I mean, that's just crazy if that was the reason they joined and never came back!

I'm so glad I know what you're referencing. It's one of my favorite Simpsons episodes.

Anyone else notice that "ball of black flames" in the volcano looked rather... Blue.

And on the censorship note, I just read we partied all night after fixing the volcano and ate & drank "tea and sandwiches". Ummm... sounds like a real party town.

Edited by Plattym3
  • Upvote 1

I'm so glad I know what you're referencing. It's one of my favorite Simpsons episodes.

I'm glad someone got the reference.

My favorite part of the episode:

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTlVRUkwYRI]

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

My favorite part of the episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTlVRUkwYRI"]

I still laugh at how that dude just leapt back inside like he was an anime hero.

The first island/town/story thing (Ballymolloy) was really good. Nice story with a solid emotional core and some fun adventuring. I'm enjoying party chat a lot too.

Only problem is that it's easy! The monsters and bosses so far haven't given me any trouble. I want to do some classic DQ resource-management in these dungeons, already! Lips and cactiballs and whatnot are barely putting a scratch on my team (and I haven't done any sort of excessive grinding or what-have-you).

Kiefer's Flame Slash 0MP move--is this just a better version of Fight? Any downside to using it?

Once Kiefer learns Flame Slash, he should use nothing else. It's free extra damage.

• Upvote 1