Sign in to follow this  
Plattym3

Quest #158 - Notable Quoteable DQVII 3DSable

I've got one:

"Thanks for the amazing adventure. Let's never do it again." - Said by Maribel to the hero and Kiefer when first traveling to the past.

Added on September 26, 2016:

"So the Almighty's asleep? But it's the middle of the day!" - Said by Gabo/Ruff after visiting with the soldier in the Pool of Piety.

"I know exactly how she feels. If I were lavished with gold and gifts, I'd feel absolutely awf- Hero! What are you making that face for!?" - Said by Maribel after speaking with Lavender in the Item Shop.

"Has something good happened to Kiefer? He looks like the cat who's got the cream!" - Said by Gabo/Ruff after speaking to Kiefer in the Roamers campsite.

Added on September 29, 2016:

"Come on! Try and break your precious high priestess out of prison! I'll cave your skulls in with a blunt farming implement!" - Said by a possessed farmer in Precipice Pass.

"Now that's all over and done with, Eustace and Zev can go back to being the best of friends. ...Provided they can avoid killing each other first." - Maribel after dealing with the fake Nava battle near Precipice Pass.

"So somebody's brought the Soulstealer here? Well, whatever weapon they've got, they'll be no match for me!" - Gabo after speaking to an NPC who mentions the Soulstealer in the Arena below Alltrades.

"If I was going to change my vocation, I'd pick the strongest one there is! ...Is 'weightlifter' a vocation? How about 'muscleman'?" - Gabo after speaking with an old man in Alltrades Abbey.

"Gah! After all we've done for these people! I'm not a nobody! I'm Maribel Mayde!" - Said by Maribel after speaking with a soldier in the deserted Pilgrim's Perdition.

Added September 30, 2016:

"What a weirdo. Why would an old man like him want to change into a girl? Actually, perhaps it's better not to ask..." - Said by Maribel after speaking to the old man who wants to be a woman in Alltrades Abbey.

Added on October 1, 2016:

"Hero, I've just remembered something important! I didn't have any dinner last night! No wonder I'm starving!" - Said by Gabo/Ruff upon leaving the Desert Palace after the sand storm.

Added October 3, 2016:

"You know, I was being the Demon King a little while ago. Until just now, in fact. It is very, very strange. After all, I am not even knowing what a Demon King is! - Little Girl in Grondal (Past) after cleaning the water.

Added October 5, 2016:

"That beast was all talk and no pantaloons. Hardly a worthy adversary for the likes of us!" - Said by Sir Mervyn/Melvin after defeating Gracos V.

Added on October 7, 2016:

"Why would the Queen want so many dresses? What's wrong with having one nice blue cloak?" - Said by Gabo/Ruff after speaking to the head seamstress in Hubble Castle

"The power of the Almighty compels you!" - Priest of Nottagen during the vine attack

Added October 8, 2016:

"What infamy! To peep so brazenly into a lady's tent is truly despicable! Not to mention selfish! If what he can see is so exciting, he should step aside and let his elders take a look." - Said by Melvin in present day Roamers camp after speaking to the man spying on Aira's tent

"Sorry Mister, but compared to Florin, your torban playing sounds like someone hitting the back end of a cow with a banjo!" - Gabo after speaking to present day Rom Baro in the Roamers camp

Added October 9, 2016:

"'Though parting's sweet sorrow,

For those left behind,

To live for tomorrow's,

The best peace of mind.'" - Said by Aira/Aishe to Lisette in Estard Castle

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Yangus, I think someone posted the Asleep one already.

For mine so far

#1 - Between you and me, our most recent confabulations have been elephantine in duration, and Lilliputian in import.

- Said by Guard in Faraday Castle past talking about the efforts against the Automatons

#2 - Channeling Doric from Heroes for this one ;)

This being the case, we have no choice – we must gird our loins and reverse the advance of the automaton horde!

- Said by Captain Goodwinding in Faraday Castle past before making the advance on the Automaton base.

#3 - And Howard Wolowitz for this one ;)

They say the King is trying to make some kind of clockwork person or some such silliness. Surely it can't be done? It's against the natural order of things! ...But if he does manage it, I hope it’s in the form of a lovely lady!

- Said by NPC in Faraday Castle present about the King's obsession with automatons

#4 - I can’t see a bally thing! Your future’s as blank as the blankest slate in the National Museum of Frightfully Blank slates!

- Said by Pamela in Emberdale past when trying to read Auster's future

#5 - Well, I do declare – it must be almost nice, bein’ as dumb as you, Dill! She sure likes somethin’ in that herb garden, but it ain’t the herbs, let me tell you!

- Said by Cayenne when arguing with Dill to give up on Lavender

#6 - Hmph! Everywhere we go, there’s always someone who wants us to run an errand for them. Can’t these people do anything for themselves?

-Said by Maribel when going to get the medicine from Pamela

#7 - Oh dear…I got caught outside in the downpour, and now my habit is soaking wet. I-It’s not…see-through, is it? (answer yes) It is!? Then wh-why are you still looking at me!? It’s indecent!

- Said by nun in Greenthumb Gardens after the rainstorm rains out the party

#8 - Why would anyone choose to live in a tent? Those people back there must be a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

- Said by Maribel after leaving the Roamers camp

I'm just adding ones I find. If there are repeats from stuff people have already posted I'll remove them before the end of the contest.

• Upvote 1

Ahh, makes sense :)

Guess it's my turn, huh?  :tounge2:

1-

"Here! How about this odd piece of seemingly useless stone tablet! Yes perfect!"

-Said by Gracos V after he's spared by the heroes who were promised a valuable reward

2-

"Animals can always tell when something's going to happen, you know. (sniff sniff) Yup! Something's definitely going to happen!"

-Spoken by Ruff in party chat after talking to a farmer in Providence(Past)

3-

"No creature is more powerful than the lion. And yet the puny tortoise lives longer than any other beast."

-Spoken by an elder in Al-balad(Past) when shown the seal

4-

"I do not care of excuses - we should never have doubted him. It was not fault of monsters. It was us who were faulty."

-Said by an old man NPC in Vogograd(Past) when the priest who turned himself into a monster to save his village left after being nearly burned alive

5-

"It takes real courage to admit one is wrong. Clearly the elder has none." 

-Spoken by Sir Mervyn in Vogograd(Present) when the elder breaks the tablet that proved that the story he knew was false

6-

"Wow, that was amazing! I didn't really understand what he was on about, but still... what a beard!"

-Said by Ruff after the false Almighty gave his speech in the Cathedral of Light

7-

"Water brings life... Earth nurtures it... Wind carries it... And Fire allows it to flourish... And when all at last is ended...life returns to Water."

-Said by the Water Spirit after the secret of Sharkeye and the Hero's mark is revealed

8-

"So Sa'id's a cat lover, is he? I wonder if he's a wolf lover too! Hurf hurf hurf!"

-Spoken by Ruff in party chat after visiting Sa'id's house in Al-balad(Present)

9-

"'Twas not the Almighty, nor any miracle, that returned peace to our world-'twas you."

-Said by a high priest in the Divine Shrine after saving the world

10-

"I sometimes forget that travelling through time is not something that normal people do..."

-Spoken by Aishe in party chat after an NPC comments on the similarity of the party and the heroes from King Hybris' era

11-

"Though I have been defeated, I shall return... May ill fate haunt the rest of your days, and your precious Almighty never return..."

-Spoken by Orgodemir after his first defeat

Edited by Hoshino22

Nothing good lately or have you all posted too much already?

See my quote post. I keep adding to it.

• Upvote 1

See my quote post. I keep adding to it.

I've recently added a new one too.

• Upvote 1

Just checking. Adding my 4th now.

Edited by Plattym3

I found this really weird one in the Dark Palace in the party chat:

"Ahh, it's good to be home." - said by Maribel when they enter the Dark Palace.

Strange, that. Wonder what it implies...

• Upvote 1

I keep forgetting to jot down quotes.

I have just been taking a shot with my phone and then typing them up later. :)

Deadline is coming up. Everyone get 'er done!

I'm a little late to the game here, and don't have time to read through all the quotes already posted. If I were to post a list of quotes I found, and some quotes from my top 5 have already been submitted, would it default to my top 5 that weren't already submitted, or do the ones that have already been submitted count as empty submissions?

I'd think he would just knock out your dupes and move the others up

I'm a little late to the game here, and don't have time to read through all the quotes already posted. If I were to post a list of quotes I found, and some quotes from my top 5 have already been submitted, would it default to my top 5 that weren't already submitted, or do the ones that have already been submitted count as empty submissions?

Honestly double checking is a ton of work for me. I don't know what the heck I'd do. Edited by Plattym3