Sign in to follow this  
Plattym3

Quest #157 - DQVII Light-Speed (or maybe impulse speed) Quest

Time to resurrect an idea from back in the ancient early part of the decade & mobile DQ ports: A Light-Speed Quest.  

Or maybe a sub-light quest?

Lightspeed_Champion.png

This quest is here to reward people for beating the game, and doing it quickly.  If you want to become part of an elite squad of Light-Speed Champions, you must be one of the first 10 people to reach the ending credit sequence in Dragon Quest VII 3DS, and submit evidence of your feat here at the Den.

Rules:

1) Only the first 10 people to reach the ending credit sequence on their version of DQVII 3DS (not J) will achieve this prestigious accolade
2) Your evidence can be a picture or video of the ending credit sequence on your 3DS, with Den user name on a piece of paper next to it
3) Alternative forms of evidence may be considered, but they must convince me that YOU were the one to achieve this task.  In-game screenshot alone may not suffice, unless you can show the main character's name, and it matches your Dragon's Den username
4) You must submit your evidence in this topic 
5) This quest will remain open until 10 winners have been identified or until the quest time limit has been reached (December 31st, 2016)
6) If 10 winners have not yet been identified in 2016, the quest will be closed and the winners will be named at that time

If you are having a hard time figuring out how to provide your evidence, just post a message in here and we can help you out. 

Go now before all the best grottoes get played first by someone else!

It'll be interesting to see how quickly people beat this.

Maybe googie or awesomeinblue will be among these 10?

...googie...

I didn't know gooie had an evil twin running around here.

...googie...

Like you're mine?

Or am I yours?

Googie?! An imposter?!

Seriously though, I'm curious; why do you think I'll achieve this? :o

Edited by gooieooie

...googie...

Like you're mine?

Or am I yours?

Those are valid questions.

• Upvote 1

Googie?! An imposter?!

Seriously though, I'm curious; why do you think I'll achieve this? :o

I have faith in you, gooie.

Aw, shucks! We'll just have to see! :)

I don't want to rush through the game at all, though. I'm not gonna play any differently to beat the contest, I'm going to fully enjoy the game :) If I end up in the Top 10 by playing normally, so be it!

Edited by gooieooie

I suspect this won't be quick, but it won't be as bad as the DQVIII mobile contest. I won that, and maybe 2-3 others did. Total.

Oh sure I'll get into this!  I completed the game a couple days ago.  I'll post a link of my twitch highlight of the final area.

https://www.twitch.tv/highspirits/v/90823335

If you want to speed to the credits, they take place about 1 hour in.

The twitch channel name is Highspirits, which matches my Dens username.  Can also verify myself @highspirits_1 on twitter if need be!

Edited by Highspirits

Good god.  Meanwhile, I'm over two hours in and just fought my first slimes.

• Upvote 1

Oh sure I'll get into this! I completed the game a couple days ago. I'll post a link of my twitch highlight of the final area.

The twitch channel name is Highspirits, which matches my Dens username. Can also verify myself @highspirits_1 on twitter if need be!

I've never seen a twitch, I'll have to check it out. 3DS? Did you capture card or just video camera or what?

Oh sure I'll get into this! I completed the game a couple days ago. I'll post a link of my twitch highlight of the final area.

The twitch channel name is Highspirits, which matches my Dens username. Can also verify myself @highspirits_1 on twitter if need be!

I've never seen a twitch, I'll have to check it out. 3DS? Did you capture card or just video camera or what?

Just looked, it's clearly a capture card, with a camera at his face (split-screen).

• Upvote 1

Twitch is a video game streaming website.  I have a 3DS with capture card installed, so I can capture video/audio from it.  Kinda pricey to do, but considering what I stream its worth it for me.

• Upvote 3

Yeah, I watched part of your 1-9 speed run, was fun to watch :thumbsup:

Yeah, I watched part of your 1-9 speed run, was fun to watch :thumbsup:

Thanks, I almost remember all of it lol.  I'm gonna attempt it again in 6 months after I've had time to learn the fast ways to beat 1 and 3 :)  Especially since I know I can last almost 3 days now

How do I post a picture of my starred save file?

Didn't see this topic lol 

Finished it two days ago. Here's a Miiverse post with one of the credits scene (beware of spoilers) https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAADAAB2V0fCszmkew I hope this counts 

Edited by Awesomeinblue

Finished it two days ago. Here's a Miiverse post with one of the credits scene (beware of spoilers) https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAADAAB2V0fCszmkew I hope this counts

Son of a $#!&@! You mean to tell me that after all that time the hero goes back to wearing f*ing green again! Get a job, bum!

On a serious note, unless I'm missing something, please read the requirements in the first post. All I see is a hero and Maribel pic.

Finished it two days ago. Here's a Miiverse post with one of the credits scene (beware of spoilers) https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAADAAB2V0fCszmkew I hope this counts

Son of a $#!&@! You mean to tell me that after all that time the hero goes back to wearing f*ing green again! Get a job, bum!

On a serious note, unless I'm missing something, please read the requirements in the first post. All I see is a hero and Maribel pic.

Being around this guy should prove i beat it, right?

Sorry the letters are in yellow, didnt have any other pen atm.

Im gonna use this pic for the Buy DQ7 Quest

Being around this guy should prove i beat it, right?

Sorry the letters are in yellow, didnt have any other pen atm.

Im gonna use this pic for the Buy DQ7 Quest

I guess.  I haven't finished, so I don't know, but I guess.

Sign in to follow this