Sign in to follow this  
Ponarust

Midnight Release at Gamestop

My gamestop in Akron Ohio is having a midnight release for a sports game i have no interest in.  BUT they said I can pick up my reserved copy of Dragon Quest VII at the stroke of midnight tomorrow!  They said there was 150 reservations for this other, unimportant title. 

Hope this is as exciting for everyone who can take advantage of this! 

Edited by Ponarust
  • Upvote 1

I believe it's NBA 2K17, after looking it up.

Neat! Here's hoping some people here take advantage of this. Thanks for sharing!

• Upvote 1

That's good to know. Going to ask tomorrow, hopefully they will do the same here in Miami.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, Ia m far too old for Midnight release parties. The last one that I did was for Resident Evil 5.

Maybe you are, but not the demographic that would be playing NBA2k17. You know, the kind that'll skip school the next morning to play it and brag about their achievements in it come Monday.

I did the midnight release for RE5 too. Fun times.

I remember having to explain midnight releases to my parents when Smash Bros Brawl came out so my dad drove me. That one was funny since I called a friend thinking he was awake. Turns out he was in line with one of his friends. Played it until like 6 AM and woke up after 4 hrs and was fine for the rest of the day.

For the RE5 one, I went with a friend so I was fine. Since we weren't working at the time we played it until like 3 or 4 AM. Now I'll be lucky to last until 1 AM on the weekends.

Sweet, thanks for the heads up! I called my local Gamestop here in Central New York and theyre having a midnight release too. Grabbing my preorder tonight then! I'm just going to pretend everyone in line is there for DQVII. :)

Yeah, Ia m far too old for Midnight release parties. The last one that I did was for Resident Evil 5.

The one for Madden '92 was off the hook!
  • Upvote 1