3DS game buy list help!

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

34 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Yangus isn't a fan of Persona. Don't mind him, he's just joking around with yoy. emoji12.png
Yangus : Persona
Platty : FFXII

What, me joke around? That doesn’t sound like me at all. No sir.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Put my first glowing recommendation for Shin Megami Tensei IV.  It IS an awesome game, with a similar air of mystery as to the nature of the world it takes place in to DQ7, actually.   they tell you v

Tales of Berseria is a really interesting entry in the series. I'm about 40 hours in; just picked it up yesterday after putting it down at the end of summer.   It's a very different kind of

Good, you started wisely with the only game you have so far.     For a new one, I'd recommend Bravely Default. But rather than explain it here, allow me to point you to my Thoughts on the game whi

Unfortunately, I'm stuck to Amazon.
I just checked Gamestop.  That was a 3 day sale.  It's back up to 49.99 now.  Frustrating, as that would be awesome.  Maybe I'll get lucky on Christmas Eve, when I can purchase.
Don't do eBay? 2bb2bf8406fb6eadb0f69e765832fa70.jpg
1 hour ago, eal said:

Just a heads up, I don’t know if your PC could handle it, but Persona 4 Golden is on Steam now.

:) Thanks for that.  Not something to get just yet, but later on.

1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:

Don't do eBay? 2bb2bf8406fb6eadb0f69e765832fa70.jpg

It's not that, it's more like, my extra cash comes in Amazon cards, and I get bits and pieces of amazon cards through stuff like Bing search point trade-ins.  I use Amazon specifically due to the sheer volume of buy options, and usually there's always a store with some stock of some game, which is changing now.  It's shocking how many searches have pulled up only EU copies, and I don't feel like spending extra sending overseas, nor the wait time (I don't have prime either, and overseas often lacks a free ground shipping option, unless it's from China).

I actually looked for copies of Breath of the Wild, and only EU copies pop up now.

Edited by ignasia
  • Like 1

Tales of Berseria is a really interesting entry in the series. I'm about 40 hours in; just picked it up yesterday after putting it down at the end of summer.

It's a very different kind of narrative, which is really interesting coming from a Tales game. The battle engine feels a lot faster and more active than past games, but with some practice it can be quite intuitive.

Disclaimer; I've mostly played newer Tales games, so I don't know a whole lot about older ones like Vesperia and Abyss (I've played Symphonia and loved it! Vesperia definitive edition is on my switch waiting for some free time).

• Like 2

Tales of Berseria is very different, and it would be a new game.  I played the Demo, but that doesn't give much insight, just a small window.  The battle system is much faster paced (more like Star Ocean 3~5, though a bit faster paced than even those games), but it's a tales game, so I expect a fun romp for sure.

So I forgot about two games, that I'm adding to the list, and I'm going to add in Fafnir Knight as another potential.

• Ys4: Memories of Celcetta (PS4) <- I might categorize this as a must-have.  It was for awhile.  Ys8 would be on the list, except the price point when it is available is INSANE.  I have no clue what in the heck NISA was thinking with either the Switch OR PS4 releases.  They pulled a SEGA when Panzer Dragoon Saga came out.  HIGH demand, fast sales, but a very limited print run (though not quite as small a print run as PDS, but ridiculously small given how fast it spiked to 80 on PS4 within two months of release)
  • Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (Switch) <- I don't care which version, but the PS4 is hard to find on Amazon on the cheap.
  • Etrian Odyssey Untold 2: Fafnir Knight <- I might actually prioritize this, just because as mentioned before, Dark Souls isn't exactly going out of style, is cheap and easy to find, and I might get more out of this game anyhow, especially given as I've played DS 1 and 2 before, and I definitely prefer Bloodborne.  So those can get lower priority.

Tales of Vesperia is on sale, while Berseria is just generally cheaper.

So I might go:

1. Persona 5 Royal Steelbook
  2. Ys4
  3. EOU2:FK
  4. BS

Anything left would probably go, in order of desire

1. Ni No Kuni 1
  2. Tales of Vesperia
  3. Tales of Berseria
  4. Octopath Traveler
  5. Dark Souls Remastered
  6. Dark Souls 3
  7. Dark Souls 2 (black sheep or no, I still want to play it)

The only thing that might change the above is if SMT 4 is reduced in price at that moment I'm able to buy, and hits a price point I'm happy with (40 for 4, 50 for Apocalypse)

Thanks for the help everyone.  I appreciate the insights.

Edited by ignasia
  • Like 1
On 12/21/2020 at 7:17 PM, ignasia said:

• Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (Switch) <- I don't care which version, but the PS4 is hard to find on Amazon on the cheap.

Is it?

I coulda swore I grabbed mine for $20. But maybe that was a Gamestop sale

• Like 1
3 hours ago, cprmauldin said:

Is it?

I coulda swore I grabbed mine for $20. But maybe that was a Gamestop sale

Probably was.  A lot of 1~3 days sales here and there.  Or smaller companies getting rid of stock by dumping it with low prices.  Essentially, I'm seeing prices go up and down as I check, leading into the day I buy.

Probably was.  A lot of 1~3 days sales here and there.  Or smaller companies getting rid of stock by dumping it with low prices.  Essentially, I'm seeing prices go up and down as I check, leading into the day I buy.
Do you ever use websites/services for finding sales on Amazon? I use camelcamelcamel.com all the time, heck, just added 3 things today. Also, when I was on the hunt for Ring Fit Adventure, I got hooked up with a Discord that alerted me to stuff in stock and I was on it in minutes and snagged one.
  • Like 1
On 12/27/2020 at 9:14 PM, Plattym3 said:
On 12/24/2020 at 1:09 PM, ignasia said:

Do you ever use websites/services for finding sales on Amazon? I use camelcamelcamel.com all the time, heck, just added 3 things today. Also, when I was on the hunt for Ring Fit Adventure, I got hooked up with a Discord that alerted me to stuff in stock and I was on it in minutes and snagged one.

Yep.  Camel as well as amazon specific deal apps.  I should probably sign up for Honey, but I use gift cards most of the time, so it doesn't count towards my total, at least with how honey works the last time I checked into it.

The sales on amazon are usually in response to other company sales, so it's hard to predict when they'll go up or down.  I was using Camel when I checked the changes in value for SMT 4 and Apocalypse.

• Like 1