Sign in to follow this  
passthepotion

Copies are Shipping Now

Man I so hope you are right!

Mine isn't shipping until the 21st...despite preordering it 3 days after the announcement. Doesn't matter anyhow since I can't play it for a bit. Gives me time to just finish up the data sorting/writing in my FAQs.

Even then, I'm waiting out the first N3DS price drop, which should happen with the NX announcement, or just after, sometime in early October. So not a huge deal, just so long as I have the game, and know that I'll be able to play it soon.

Don't hold your breath on a price drop soon. Just saw today that there will be a new Pokemon 3ds in October and several new models in December. I suspect the price won't drop to $149 point for almost 6-9 months and maybe not even then.

Given how many releases of Pokemon already exist on the system, they're not going to assume higher system sales due to Pokemon. Even though Sun/Moon actually drastically alter the gameplay mechanics for the first time since the series began. Plus the N64, GC, GBA, DS, and Wii all saw price drops in their prime, around holiday seasons, and around the same time as major 1st party releases. Price drops usually happen due to one of three things:

1) Slowed sales, and while the 3DS has picked up a bit, the unit sales are starting to drop again from last month's high. They're consistent, but still not quite adequate to compare to DS sales.

2) New system, of which the NX technically, at least by rumour, could well be replacing both it and the WiiU.

3) Drastic reduction in production costs, which the N3DS should have hit sometime back given it's a minor upgrade comparatively, and the new internals were already commonly used on the market, keeping production cheap.

4) I'll classify a fourth...competition. If you have the ball running, but sales aren't that consistent, but you have the upper hand, a price drop would help boost sales further, especially given 1, 2, and 3 being a reality. Though less so with 1, since it's still going strong.

Plus there's a bit of internal memo buzz about a price drop to coincide with the NX announcement. While rumour, the criteria is present.

If nothing this holiday, then screw it, I'll just get one and be done with it, but price drops typically occur before major shopping periods, not during lulls, so as to boost sales, and take advantage of shoppers looking to save money. Plus there's the chaotic economy, and Sony is dropping the PS4 price drastically for the PS4 Pro, and including a really cheap Slim. I expect to see both the WiiU and 3DS see a price drop to compete, since frankly no one cares about the Vita. Plus, I'm feeling pretty good about it.

This is what I was implying but his logic is still pretty tight. I mean historically they do price drops around the holiday season but I just think the new systems aren't gonna come cheaper than they are now. Also it may be a last hoorah as it were to get $200 for a system. Who knows?

Ignasia, I doubt it'll change your logic, but I'll say that by "Pokémon 3DS", I believe he's referring to the special New 3DS XL model releasing in October with Sun and Moon's mascot legendaries on it, rather than Sun and Moon themselves, which release in November. I think he was pointing out how there are still many new models of the New 3DS releasing.

Edited by passthepotion

Well $#!&, guess I will be picking mine up in a store now, didn't realize the card I used for the preorder was one that we had hijacked and Amazon never sent a notice that it couldn't charge the card, not arriving until Tuesday now, guess I will keep that one sealed.

The same thing happened to me. I posted somewhere else. Since it's still 20% off and $4 to ship it 1 day, I just reordered it (through your link!). Do you have prime? Switch to 1 day!

Pissed Amazon didn't inform me earlier though...

Amazon tells me that my copy should arrive between the 22 and the 24 of September.

It feels like everyone here is either getting it a day early or incredibly late.

Amazon tells me that my copy should arrive between the 22 and the 24 of September.

Yep, that's what mine says.  21st to ship out, 22~24th to arrive.

Yep, that's what mine says.  21st to ship out, 22~24th to arrive.

I don't mind waiting a few more days. We've waited this long already. Hell i'm still waiting on my birthday presents to arrive, but soon they will be here too!

It feels like everyone here is either getting it a day early or incredibly late.

I should know for sure tomorrow but at least I so far appear to be getting it release day.

I decided a few days ago to pre-order my copy from Best Buy for pickup in person. My current status has progressed from "Processing" to "Preparing for pickup"! It's always exciting to see that next status movement. :D

Well $#!&, guess I will be picking mine up in a store now, didn't realize the card I used for the preorder was one that we had hijacked and Amazon never sent a notice that it couldn't charge the card, not arriving until Tuesday now, guess I will keep that one sealed.

The same thing happened to me. I posted somewhere else. Since it's still 20% off and $4 to ship it 1 day, I just reordered it (through your link!). Do you have prime? Switch to 1 day!

Pissed Amazon didn't inform me earlier though...

Yeah like the others said, it won't ship until the 19th or later now

• Upvote 1

WH8e1bc.png

Now we play the waiting game and see how badly the Royal Mail can do at delivering this 

I definitely jinxed it

Oh, hey. That little green bar that tracks your package on Amazon updated from "maybe tomorrow by 8 PM, I guess" to "Oh, wait, no, it's actually coming in this afternoon." Well, now. Isn't that lovely.

How are some of you getting this a day early, anyway? Every time I've EVER pre-ordered something on Amazon or anywhere else I would only ever receive it on release day...yet, I'm ALWAYS seeing stories of many people getting their product a day early. How are you guys pulling that off? Just curious as I hear this same "I got it one day early!" story for many products.

How are some of you getting this a day early, anyway? Every time I've EVER pre-ordered something on Amazon or anywhere else I would only ever receive it on release day...yet, I'm ALWAYS seeing stories of many people getting their product a day early. How are you guys pulling that off? Just curious as I hear this same "I got it one day early!" story for many products.

Just happened in this case, most things from Amazon I don't get until release day, but it's coming today for DQVII.

I'm not gonna question it, maybe I'm closer to a distribution center than I initially thought.

Two weeks ago, Hatsune Miku came in at 6 PM on release, FE Fates: Conquest (harhar Tiael) came in so late in the day I went out and bought a copy of the other version. That's just how it goes sometimes. Last time I got a game before release day was Pokemon LeafGreen, which I technically didn't even get until launch day because it was mailed to my babysitter's house after I left and I didn't get to play it until the next morning.

What's mostly likely going to happen is VII will come in half an hour before my shift and I'll have to wait 6 hours to come home and play it, by which point, it would be the midnight launch.

I still haven't received notification, but that isn't a big deal. As long as I get it before I go out of town Saturday, I will be good.

Question for anyone who may possibly know--my Best Buy pre-order status has now been changed to "Ready to pickup". Does that mean that I could conceivably pick it up TODAY or will they deny me and make me wait for tomorrow? Does anyone know?

Edited by ErdrickRotoLotoOrtega

I don't work at Best Buy, but I do work retail. If it's literally just pickup and go, it's all paid for ahead of time, then most likely you can just leave with it today. However, stores get fined for selling products before launch if they're caught somehow, so they prefer not to risk it. So if you're being charged for it or maybe even if they have to process it someway, you might get denied as the product doesn't get put into the system until launch day.

Edited by eal

I don't work at Best Buy, but I do work retail. If it's literally just pickup and go, it's all paid for ahead of time, then most likely you can just leave with it today. However, stores get fined for selling products before launch if they're caught somehow, so they prefer not to risk it. So if you're being charged for it or maybe even if they have to process it someway, you might get denied as the product doesn't get put into the system until launch day.

Hmmm...I'm thinking I'll be denied because they have this "Pending charge until you show your ID and card in person" sort of deals for the pickup counter.

Hmmm...I'm thinking I'll be denied because they have this "Pending charge until you show your ID and card in person" sort of deals for the pickup counter.

It might all depend on whether they process the package it came in itself or the product that was being shipped to you. I'm more inclined to think the former than the later and they'll just give it to you, because they're probably not actually ringing out the item itself, just confirming your order in their system. Least that's what they do at my work. If it's close by and not out of your way, it's worth a try at least. I wouldn't like go halfway across the state for it or anything unless I was sure but I'd say you have a 50/50 chance of getting it.

Hmmm...I'm thinking I'll be denied because they have this "Pending charge until you show your ID and card in person" sort of deals for the pickup counter.

It might all depend on whether they process the package it came in itself or the product that was being shipped to you. I'm more inclined to think the former than the later and they'll just give it to you, because they're probably not actually ringing out the item itself, just confirming your order in their system. Least that's what they do at my work. If it's close by and not out of your way, it's worth a try at least. I wouldn't like go halfway across the state for it or anything unless I was sure but I'd say you have a 50/50 chance of getting it.

Ah, no--it's painfully close. It's literally a ten minute drive from my home. I think I'll give them a call first. I would just drive over there but the traffic in that area is a pain in the &$% and not worth it for a hunch. I'd certainly love to nab this baby today. 

Now that you mentioned it--I recently picked up "Captain America: Civil War" from a Best Buy this week. I didn't check its status beforehand and just waited until its street date to pick it up, so I have no idea if it was ready early than that or not. I WILL say that the kid who took my card just examined the card and handed it back to me. The box had a red "pre-order" bar code on it that he just scanned and handed to me. No receipt or anything.

Just happened in this case, most things from Amazon I don't get until release day, but it's coming today for DQVII.

I'm not gonna question it, maybe I'm closer to a distribution center than I initially thought.

Yeah, none of my Amazon pre-orders ever came in early. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the iPhone 7 launch tomorrow? Maybe they want to keep their distribution channels clear.

When I pre-ordered DQ 7 it was $39.99 and with the Prime discount came up to $31.99. But now in my cart it is showing DQ 7 at $35.99 but my pre-order amount is still $31.99. When I searched for DQ 7 it's listed at $39.99 still. So I don't know lol.

The only thing I can think of is the $31.99 was a mistake when I ordered it and that it was supposed to be $35.99 with the discount but maybe Amazon is honoring the $31.99 tag on my order.

The 20% is taken off of list price. if the price of the game drops after preordering, that can cause such a thing.

So far, Amazon hasn't notified me that they've already started shipping Dragon Quest VII.

I'm assuming I'll get Dragon Quest VII either this upcoming Saturday or this upcoming Monday, which is a disappointment.

EDIT: So according to Amazon, Amazon's about to ship Dragon Quest VII sometime later today and Dragon Quest VII is still scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. I hope that's the case.

Edited by Dakhil

According to my Amazon, my copy is out for delivery, so it should be arriving in just a few hours.