Sign in to follow this  
passthepotion

Copies are Shipping Now

WH8e1bc.png

Now we play the waiting game and see how badly the Royal Mail can do at delivering this 

Just looked up my order, it is shipping today, so hurray! I don't have prime anymore so this was my last order as a prime member. It'll be shipping to my parent's house so I'll have to go after work on Friday to get it from them.

Mine isn't shipping until the 21st...despite preordering it 3 days after the announcement.  Doesn't matter anyhow since I can't play it for a bit.  Gives me time to just finish up the data sorting/writing in my FAQs.

Even then, I'm waiting out the first N3DS price drop, which should happen with the NX announcement, or just after, sometime in early October.  So not a huge deal, just so long as I have the game, and know that I'll be able to play it soon.

Mine isn't shipping until the 21st...despite preordering it 3 days after the announcement. Doesn't matter anyhow since I can't play it for a bit. Gives me time to just finish up the data sorting/writing in my FAQs.

Even then, I'm waiting out the first N3DS price drop, which should happen with the NX announcement, or just after, sometime in early October. So not a huge deal, just so long as I have the game, and know that I'll be able to play it soon.

Don't hold your breath on a price drop soon. Just saw today that there will be a new Pokemon 3ds in October and several new models in December. I suspect the price won't drop to $149 point for almost 6-9 months and maybe not even then.

Mine hasn't either, but it's from Amazon Prime, so it'll probably ship out tomorrow and I'll end up getting it slightly later in the day.

My copy hasn't shipped yet. :( I'm worried.

If you live close to one of the warehouses it ships out of then they'll ship it later than people who live further away.  Their goal is to try to get it to you on release date.

Well $#!&, guess I will be picking mine up in a store now, didn't realize the card I used for the preorder was one that we had hijacked and Amazon never sent a notice that it couldn't charge the card, not arriving until Tuesday now, guess I will keep that one sealed.

Not 7 minutes after your post I got mine too. Totally on cue, I guess.

Mine isn't shipping until the 21st...despite preordering it 3 days after the announcement. Doesn't matter anyhow since I can't play it for a bit. Gives me time to just finish up the data sorting/writing in my FAQs.

Even then, I'm waiting out the first N3DS price drop, which should happen with the NX announcement, or just after, sometime in early October. So not a huge deal, just so long as I have the game, and know that I'll be able to play it soon.

Don't hold your breath on a price drop soon. Just saw today that there will be a new Pokemon 3ds in October and several new models in December. I suspect the price won't drop to $149 point for almost 6-9 months and maybe not even then.

Given how many releases of Pokemon already exist on the system, they're not going to assume higher system sales due to Pokemon.  Even though Sun/Moon actually drastically alter the gameplay mechanics for the first time since the series began.  Plus the N64, GC, GBA, DS, and Wii all saw price drops in their prime, around holiday seasons, and around the same time as major 1st party releases.  Price drops usually happen due to one of three things:

1) Slowed sales, and while the 3DS has picked up a bit, the unit sales are starting to drop again from last month's high.  They're consistent, but still not quite adequate to compare to DS sales.

2) New system, of which the NX technically, at least by rumour, could well be replacing both it and the WiiU.

3) Drastic reduction in production costs, which the N3DS should have hit sometime back given it's a minor upgrade comparatively, and the new internals were already commonly used on the market, keeping production cheap.

4) I'll classify a fourth...competition.  If you have the ball running, but sales aren't that consistent, but you have the upper hand, a price drop would help boost sales further, especially given 1, 2, and 3 being a reality.  Though less so with 1, since it's still going strong.

Plus there's a bit of internal memo buzz about a price drop to coincide with the NX announcement.  While rumour, the criteria is present.

If nothing this holiday, then screw it, I'll just get one and be done with it, but price drops typically occur before major shopping periods, not during lulls, so as to boost sales, and take advantage of shoppers looking to save money.  Plus there's the chaotic economy, and Sony is dropping the PS4 price drastically for the PS4 Pro, and including a really cheap Slim.  I expect to see both the WiiU and 3DS see a price drop to compete, since frankly no one cares about the Vita.  Plus, I'm feeling pretty good about it.

Edited by ignasia7

Yeah same here, mine has just started shipping.

Mine still hasn't shipped, however in my experience as long as it gets into the hands of Canada Post tomorrow I'll get it on Friday as I live about an hours drive away from the Bestbuy Western Canada warehouse.

Got an email from UPS that my copy will be delivered tomorrow!

Got an email from UPS that my copy will be delivered tomorrow!

Same here! :D Yayyy, time to recharge the 3DS :P

Ignasia, I doubt it'll change your logic, but I'll say that by "Pokémon 3DS", I believe he's referring to the special New 3DS XL model releasing in October with Sun and Moon's mascot legendaries on it, rather than Sun and Moon themselves, which release in November. I think he was pointing out how there are still many new models of the New 3DS releasing.

^ to be fair, a price drop can occur even with a special variant coming out. Not that I think the New 3DS will get a price drop, because it won't, but I remember getting the Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness GameCube, which in all honesty, was just a silver GameCube with a Pokemon XD sticker on the top of it, but it was still $100 WITH a brand new game. So there is some precedent, I just doubt it would happen.

Oh definitely, I'm just pointing it out since Ignasia seemed to think that they meant Sun and Moon.

That said, I'm not sure if a drop will happen yet, either. 

Edited by gooieooie

A price drop comes around the time when they plan on releasing new hardware soon or announce the new hardware. If the NX is both a mobile and home console, then the New 3DS could see a price drop since it's expected to be replaced by the NX, but if it's not, they have no reason to drop its price. That only happens when the system is a dud and would be better served at a lower price, which the New 3DS would not because it still sells gangbusters.

Just you watch.

A price drop comes around the time when they plan on releasing new hardware soon or announce the new hardware. If the NX is both a mobile and home console, then the New 3DS could see a price drop since it's expected to be replaced by the NX, but if it's not, they have no reason to drop its price. That only happens when the system is a dud and would be better served at a lower price, which the New 3DS would not because it still sells gangbusters.

Which was one of the points I made.

The NX is set for its official announcement in early October.

ignasia is probably correct, I've seen it many times.  If the NX is intended as a 3DS replacement then the 3DS will get a price drop either shortly after the announcement of the NX or near its actual release.  Special variant systems and games will have no impact on this.

I could swear they said we'd be getting word in September. I can't wait to hear how exactly the rumored corn husking and nail clipping features will be incorporated into the system.