Sign in to follow this  
CoCyTuS

Tactical genius

It would be great if tactical Dq would be released FFwotl or Wild Arms xf style with all characters and bosses from the series. It would be very long game with optional quests and you can recruit all series characters (even dq 3 classes random char) monsters and bosses but some of them would need special conditions and even new game+ to get them. The game would use class and personality system like Dq3.

What are your thoughts on this type of game and ideas for content?

Oh, hell yes! I love tactical RPGs, and a DQ one would light up my day like a freaking supernova.

As far as gameplay goes, I haven't thought about it much, but I suppose having a permadeath system would be an unwanted thing, though I'd love it.

They should make ir like Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor.

I was literally just thinking ''I'd like a DQ Strategy RPG, but how would they go about it?'' Than I read your comment and everything lit up

I was literally just thinking ''I'd like a DQ Strategy RPG, but how would they go about it?'' Than I read your comment and everything lit up

If nothing else in this world, I was born to make that comment.

That would be funny. Dragon Warrior Monsters monster system is pretty close to SMT's demon system, so if they did the same thing again with a tactical RPG that would be history repeating itself.

Though I'd love to see a Dragon Quest dungeon crawler. Perhaps with two modes, one that featured existing DQ characters to form your party and another that uses job classes with customizable characters and portraits.

Or a return to the Mystery Dungeon genre. Let's have Lil Yangus and adult Yangus team up on a new adventure.

I'll admit I kind of do, but I don't want something that's just a re-skin with Dragon Quest. Make it something interactive, perhaps with characters traveling via the overworld in sprite form similar to the DS games, but you have to wander the world to find the major dungeons and once you're in there then you get the first person mode.

There are ways they could difference it and make it more Dragon Quest. Map drawing should be optional for one thing, just to spitball one idea.

This is a spinoff idea I've thought about for awhile, and had I the resources and know how I might try to make it happen as a fan game. Probably using DQ3's classes as a base (Thief included, maybe an unlockable Hero class with designs reminiscent of DQ protagonists). The main goal would be to make sure every class is useful, including Goof-Offs. It's always bothered me that DQ games make this class pretty useless apart from switching it to Sage for free.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

I'd prefer it to be FE style.

I would dearly love a Dragon Quest tactics game, proper, with human armies battling monsters in a solid DQ world.  Dragon Quest Wars was a cute game and all, like DQ chess, basically.  We deserve more though.  They seem to have a rich string of spinoffs nowadays. the sky looks like the limit for DQ finally.

OK guys tanks for your creative thoughts and i still have some fresh ideas for the game. Bosses and special characters would have perks, special abilities and innate powers. But not necessarily all at once.

For example Leon would have Double attack perk, Dq1 hero Dragon Slayer innate power (deals 50% damage to dragons), Jessica Sex appeal (chance to paralize or stun enemy on regular attack), dq viii hero ability Tension, Maya and Aira skill SwordDnc and Meena her Tarot cards, Dq vii hero spell Tsunami (heavy water+wind damage), recruiting monsters is only possible with Monster tamer innate power so Papa's son comes here in place with his innate power.

Alena and dqvi hero posess Royality perk (whatever that is) or have discount in shops,get more gold etc... while Ashlyn has her Magic burst. Debora has Domina skill which for example allows her to control over enemies with lower than half of her wisdom and Maribel has Provoke skill which can throw enemies into Berserker/frenzy state (you guessed - doesnt work on bosses).

Do you need better movement? Put Dqviii princess in party, because she can turn to mare and you can move 5 instead of 3 boxes.

And Kiryl can use Thwack and fail

And Kiryl can use Thwack and fail

"Thwack! Thwack!  Thwack! Thwack thwack thwack thwack!

Grrr....

Be gone away!"

OK guys tanks for your creative thoughts and i still have some fresh ideas for the game. Bosses and special characters would have perks, special abilities and innate powers. But not necessarily all at once.

For example Leon would have Double attack perk, Dq1 hero Dragon Slayer innate power (deals 50% damage to dragons), Jessica Sex appeal (chance to paralize or stun enemy on regular attack), dq viii hero ability Tension, Maya and Aira skill SwordDnc and Meena her Tarot cards, Dq vii hero spell Tsunami (heavy water+wind damage), recruiting monsters is only possible with Monster tamer innate power so Papa's son comes here in place with his innate power.

Alena and dqvi hero posess Royality perk (whatever that is) or have discount in shops,get more gold etc... while Ashlyn has her Magic burst. Debora has Domina skill which for example allows her to control over enemies with lower than half of her wisdom and Maribel has Provoke skill which can throw enemies into Berserker/frenzy state (you guessed - doesnt work on bosses).

Do you need better movement? Put Dqviii princess in party, because she can turn to mare and you can move 5 instead of 3 boxes.

Those abilities sound amazing.  What if Torneko has a kind of Lucky dip ability like in DQ4?  Random effects that usually benefit you?  Like tripping and accidentally scoring a triple critlcal?

How about using Carver as a damage tank, including a Roundhouse that drives away surrounding hostiles, or the Knuckle Sandwich?  He could also fabricate a quick healing shack? He IS a carpenter as well, after all.

Shout out to Yangus, and the ability to steal, as well as befuddle enemies with the underpants dance, to say nothing of his axe strengths!

A Disgaea approach would be interesting because it would allow greater uses of AOE attacks like Bang and Axes of Evil.

Those abilities sound amazing. What if Torneko has a kind of Lucky dip ability like in DQ4? Random effects that usually benefit you? Like tripping and accidentally scoring a triple critlcal?

How about using Carver as a damage tank, including a Roundhouse that drives away surrounding hostiles, or the Knuckle Sandwich? He could also fabricate a quick healing shack? He IS a carpenter as well, after all.

Shout out to Yangus, and the ability to steal, as well as befuddle enemies with the underpants dance, to say nothing of his axe strengths!

Yes some of the attackers would have knockback ability as a perk/innate power or part of a skill like knuckle sandwich. Alena, Carver and random martial arts character (you name him and give him seeds DQ3 style). should rock with these and their critical innate power. I really like FF Tactics battle and class system so keeping some skills,spells etc. would be great.

The game should be called " Dragon Quest Tactics: Slime squad "