My fan art / my fan game

I have a few pieces of fanart of DQ, as well as a nice (for the time ) image of a DQesque bad guy I designed for a knock-off fan-made board game when I was a pup.  Shall I post submit them for thy approval here, my fellow questers?

• Upvote 1

Don't do it for our approval. Do it because you made it!

Don't do it for our approval. Do it because you made it!

Was using a figure of speech, but the point of encouragement is well taken! Will do shortly!

Line%20of%20Heroes%20Mugar_zps9bav4sx9.p

Here is art from my 11 year old self, regarding my DQ inspired game, Line of Heroes, showing a valiant party against the Archdemon Mugar.

Edited by The Dog of Zahan
  • Upvote 1

Line%20of%20Heroes%20Assets_zpsnnj63zxs.

And here we have some assets from teh game itself. 

Top Left, Archdemon Mugar, endboss of the first chapter, of which there were to be 4, including a prequel.

Top Right: A being of nature known only as The Rage, composed of all four elements, a trial for heroes.

Bottom Left: Phantor, a ghostlyknight, once a hero, corrupted by death.

Bottom Right, General Kandora, the leading human in Mugar's army, and later to become Lord Kandora the Novademon, adjacent.

Final art piece to upload, and a confession.  I am a furry, and my character of choice in other online arenas is an otter with a fondness for cosplay as video game characters.

Here, then, is my character dolled up as the hero of DQMJ-2.

Dragon%20Quest%20Otter_zpswtlh49eb.png

• Upvote 1

Your childhood stuff is neat)

Picture is nice,too.

Thank you very much!  As a child I was enchanted by Dragon Warrior and wanted to live it out.  This board game was the closest I could come to making my own quests. 

And the otter looks cute in Toriyama style :D

• 2 weeks later...

So happy to see people hooked on DQ at such an early age. :)

Did you continue developing your art? It would be cool if you did, and I would like to see your more recent style.

I could likely provide more recent artwork.  The Otter is fairly recent (about 6 years ago) , but the scan is poor quality, and it ws hastily drawn to begin with.  I will endeavor to post more art here soon.