Sign in to follow this  
Dakhil

Nintendo 3DS Nintendo Direct Scheduled for 1 September 2016

Likewise.

Anyways, rather boring Direct, and not enough DQ.

Agreed. But at least, we got a release date update for Dragon Quest VIII in North America.

I wonder if I can buy the Dragon Quest VII theme on the Nintendo 3DS Theme Shop (considering I preordered the physical version on Amazon).

I ripped the DQ VII (and VIII) part out of the Nintendo direct and added to the DQ VII Movies page or you here:

http://www.woodus.com/den/mediaplayer/index.php?flvgrp=dq73ds&file=dq73ds_direct_2016_09_01.mp4&subdir=movie

Ooh, nice one, Woodus! Thank you for ripping basically the only reason I actually watched the Nintendo Direct! Seriously though, thanks! :)

Hero's New canon name confirmed to be Rob.

(I hope It's not)

(I hope It's not)

How odd that the Robotic Operating Buddy is now the lead character in the western version. I'd say that makes up for the music change.

• Upvote 1

(I hope It's not)

How odd that the Robotic Operating Buddy is now the lead character in the western version. I'd say that makes up for the music change.
I'm just gonna name him King, or Stark, or whatever name they give him that isn't Rob.

I'm going to name him Eight. Clearly that is the most ridiculous name I can give him.

Wait, I just realized this is about DQ8's hero (thought Dragovian was referring to 7 since I didn't notice the Rob when watching the Direct earlier). In that case, it's TastyStu instead for 8's hero.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Upvote 1

Err...he has no cannon name.  Never did.  I'd wager the person who created that has a first name Robert, and likes to go by the name Rob.

It's still "Eight" technically, Dragovian.  I'm unaware of any official name in any manga/anime.

Anyway...Nintendo really needs to do three things:

1) Patch things up with Amazon, because prices just spiked there.

2) Realize most people who are buying one now likely don't have a regular 3DS and so need a charger.

3) Price cut the New Nintendo 3DS as a bonus to go along with the new Galaxy model.  It's ridiculously overpriced at this point.  The system should be 150, though I'd accept 175 and come WITH a charger.  It's WAY...WAY past due.  It should have seen a price cut a year ago now.

Anyway, some potential good news if you like rumours that come from internal sources, or supposed internal sources:  http://www.shacknews.com/article/93447/nintendo-3ds-price-drop-rumored-for-holiday-2016

Edited by ignasia7

I'm guessing everyone knows he has no official name....outside of TastyStu (but not really). Probably just a joke his "official" name is Rob.

What price spike? It's $39.99, like every other 3DS game. And why would they ever slash the price of the New 3DS? They still sell like gangbusters, however, if they're gonna sell it at its current price it should be with a charger.

I'm guessing everyone knows he has no official name....outside of TastyStu (but not really). Probably just a joke his "official" name is Rob.

Rob and Yangus the "robber" strike again!

What price spike? It's $39.99, like every other 3DS game. And why would they ever slash the price of the New 3DS? They still sell like gangbusters, however, if they're gonna sell it at its current price it should be with a charger.

The price is way too high for the tech, and it's selling well now, especially pre-orders for the Galaxy model, however based on the tech, and how long the 3DS has been out, for the cost of the system, it's time.  Though it's not as bad as the PS4, which badly needs a drop as they're going into revealing the Neo.

Well, yeah, I'd accept the price as is for the galaxy edition, provided it comes with a charger.

Nintendo is always slow to do price drops.

I predicted that we wouldn't get one until or shortly after th NX is officially announced and that link you gave basically confirms that for me.

OMG...well, I did get one thing: Nintendo made up with Amazon, at least for the Galaxy edition, because Amazon itself is selling it :).

Nintendo is always slow to do price drops.

I predicted that we wouldn't get one until or shortly after th NX is officially announced and that link you gave basically confirms that for me.

That seems about right.  I'm going to have to await the announcement then.  Hopefully it's before DQ7 comes out.  I'd love to be able to play right away rather than wait.

New 3DS is a year and a half old. And the Galaxy model, from as far as I can tell, is just a re-skin, and one that looks like a basic white girl's iPhone 6 case at that, so there's no reason it shouldn't be the same price as the older models aside from simply just being a newer design.

The PS4 will hopefully drop in price soon with the arrival of the Slim and Neo both incoming.

New 3DS is a year and a half old. And the Galaxy model, from as far as I can tell, is just a re-skin, and one that looks like a basic white girl's iPhone 6 case at that, so there's no reason it shouldn't be the same price as the older models aside from simply just being a newer design.

The PS4 will hopefully drop in price soon with the arrival of the Slim and Neo both incoming.

A year and 8 months.  Doesn't matter, the tech is very old, and it's only a slightly upgraded version of the original that's intentionally software blocked from improving normal 3DS game performance, as it actively cuts off the extra two processors, extra ram, and downgrades the video stream to mimic the standard 3DS.

Even then, it's essentially not much different from rereleasing a system with improved specs/processors/soundcards/simplified boards that run smoother and more efficiently.  The actual cost to Nintendo in the upgrade is next to nothing given how old the tech was when first released, and how prevalent the processor formats were at the time.  It's not exactly something Nintendo isn't aware of. This isn't a new system, it's an upgrade of an existing system, so essentially the same system.  It's not like going Wii to WiiU (though Nintendo shot themselves in the foot calling the new system the WiiU, and not assuring it was seen as an actual new system).

That second part is true.  There's no reason to have the Red/Black at one price point and the Galaxy at another.   Aside from some corporate practices of having price drops for older models based purely on colour design alone, and keeping the new colour scheme at a higher point for a bit.  I still love it though, as I rather like those blue colours.  There's a hint of indigo, but a lot of deep blue hues, and...damnit dude, I don't care how many white girls have a similar style case on their phone, I like it.

• Upvote 2

Yeah, it was if you pre-order digitally only.

I believe Nintendo said the same thing about Hyrule Warriors Legends (about how you can only get a free Hyrule Warriors Legends theme if you preorder Hyrule Warriors Legends on the Nintendo eShop). But when I bought a new physical copy of Hyrule Warriors Legends from Amazon, it came with a download code for the free Hyrule Warriors Legends theme. I hope that would be the case for the free Dragon Quest VII theme.

That being said, I'm not bothered about Dragon Quest VIII being delayed to 2017, considering there's Dragon Quest VII and Dragon Quest Builders. (Yeah, I know I'm very late, but I guess being late is better than never. :P)