Sign in to follow this  
winky55

Demo experiences

So I went to the Game Stop in Newington today, and I waited till the guy came with the demo, and it turned out to be the full game preloaded on the third dungeon near where humans are animals and vice versa. I even have pictures of my experience.

med_gallery_6849_36_2749441.jpg

med_gallery_6849_36_2412587.jpg

med_gallery_6849_36_8884.jpgmed_gallery_6849_36_71715.jpg

Edited by winky55
  • Upvote 2

Oh Numen, they turned the English version upside down. First the music, now the navigation. It never ends...

And just so we're all clear, I'm joking. It's cool to see the game in English though.

Yes, it was about 5 hours into the game, at the town where you get Gabo.  I spent about 20 minutes just wandering around the overworld before I managed to stumble into the dungeon.  There I kept following the wolf.  It was around this point that I got really into discussions with the Nintendo rep.  She swore that she had no info about Dragon Quest VIII and laughed that even if she did, she couldn't share it, but maybe would anyway.  I arrived around 2:30 and for the entire 40 minutes that I played, not one other person came over to play.  They had a Playstation VR experience going on in the same exact store and everyone was there for that.  She claimed some groups had come to play Metroid earlier (I'm not sure she was telling the truth haha) but I was the only one to come for DQ.  She was a pretty big DQ fan, and admitted that she began because she wanted the FFXII demo!  She got hooked on 8 and then played the hell out of 9.  I told her I'd been to the Tag Mode Tuesday at NYC and she said she'd read all about that on GameFAQs and was jealous that I'd been.  At this time I realized I'd been ignoring the demo and I'd killed the hero.  Oops.  I stumbled around and found a fragment and ran away from a lot for a while and finally died.  I was too busy talking to the Nintendo rep after that to restart.  She actually got me the contact information for the Orlando rep and told me to give her a call because I'm starting a Pokemon club at school and she said they might be able to do a little something because reps are always looking for opportunities to do outreach and whatnot.  That'd be cool if she could hook me/kids up with anything whatsoever with the new Pokemon games coming out.

Was anyone else there waiting to give it a try?

None at mine. In 2 hours.

Oh Numen, they turned the English version upside down. First the music, now the navigation. It never ends...

And just so we're all clear, I'm joking. It's cool to see the game in English though.

It was the difficulty setting. He turned it up to ridiculous.
Edited by Plattym3

I'm loving those names. Mousenap, Peahooter, Hackrobat? So charmingly punny, and awesomely DQ.

I'm loving those names. Mousenap, Peahooter, Hackrobat? So charmingly punny, and awesomely DQ.

There aren't many of us, but some of us are 100% behind all these puns. Love it!

• Upvote 2

Don't mention puns! All the pun-haters are gonna start flowing in now.

Yes, it was about 5 hours into the game, at the town where you get Gabo. I spent about 20 minutes just wandering around the overworld before I managed to stumble into the dungeon. There I kept following the wolf. It was around this point that I got really into discussions with the Nintendo rep. She swore that she had no info about Dragon Quest VIII and laughed that even if she did, she couldn't share it, but maybe would anyway. I arrived around 2:30 and for the entire 40 minutes that I played, not one other person came over to play. They had a Playstation VR experience going on in the same exact store and everyone was there for that. She claimed some groups had come to play Metroid earlier (I'm not sure she was telling the truth haha) but I was the only one to come for DQ. She was a pretty big DQ fan, and admitted that she began because she wanted the FFXII demo! She got hooked on 8 and then played the hell out of 9. I told her I'd been to the Tag Mode Tuesday at NYC and she said she'd read all about that on GameFAQs and was jealous that I'd been. At this time I realized I'd been ignoring the demo and I'd killed the hero. Oops. I stumbled around and found a fragment and ran away from a lot for a while and finally died. I was too busy talking to the Nintendo rep after that to restart. She actually got me the contact information for the Orlando rep and told me to give her a call because I'm starting a Pokemon club at school and she said they might be able to do a little something because reps are always looking for opportunities to do outreach and whatnot. That'd be cool if she could hook me/kids up with anything whatsoever with the new Pokemon games coming out.

Was anyone else there waiting to give it a try?

None at mine. In 2 hours.

It was the difficulty setting. He turned it up to ridiculous.

Sounds like you had a good experience, Platty. Did you play on ridiculous mode too? Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

It seems like all of our experiences are there. Mine was in the town, L'area right before the cave where you fight the Hackrobat to get Gabo. I played for about an hour and it all went by super fast. I beat the boss and saved so I hope I didn't mess up the rep's save doing that :P

I really like the way it played. It was super smooth. There was only frame stutter when I went to the menu to do a heal all on my party. The battles were great, I'm loving the new names of everything. I really can't wait to play the game next month.

I posted the box/cart art on Twitter a bit ago. you can see it here if you so desire.

https://twitter.com/Omaewamo/status/769635748869877760

Edited by Bururian

Oh yeah, and the rep let me look at the back of the box art and I saw the Sky Devil's modern name is Dingbat.

It seems like all of our experiences are there. Mine was in the town, L'area right before the cave where you fight the Hackrobat to get Gabo. I played for about an hour and it all went by super fast. I beat the boss and saved so I hope I didn't mess up the rep's save doing that

I really like the way it played. It was super smooth. There was only frame stutter when I went to the menu to do a heal all on my party. The battles were great, I'm loving the new names of everything. I really can't wait to play the game next month.

I posted the box/cart art on Twitter a bit ago. you can see it here if you so desire.

My rep had the same file saved 3 times, so there's that reconfirmed for the billionth time. But then if someone saved, she had others to recopy from.

Oh, the rep said a demo might be up on the eshop in a week or 2.

Im actually thinking there won't be. I think the reps had the full game but just saved at that spot. She told me she'd played for hours and hours the past couple days.

• Upvote 1

It seems like all of our experiences are there. Mine was in the town, L'area right before the cave where you fight the Hackrobat to get Gabo. I played for about an hour and it all went by super fast. I beat the boss and saved so I hope I didn't mess up the rep's save doing that

My rep had the same file saved 3 times, so there's that reconfirmed for the billionth time. But then if someone saved, she had others to recopy from.

Im actually thinking there won't be. I think the reps had the full game but just saved at that spot. She told me she'd played for hours and hours the past couple days.

My rep said she just got the game in yesterday and it already had those saves on it. She hasn't even played it yet. Mine had the same deal with all three saves being at the same point, well. Two now since I saved over slot 3 post Hackrobat.

My rep said she just got the game in yesterday and it already had those saves on it. She hasn't even played it yet. Mine had the same deal with all three saves being at the same point, well. Two now since I saved over slot 3 post Hackrobat.

Mine was a huge RPG fan, so she stayed up to play last night. She was sad she had to overwrite the save this morning.

My guess is she didn't have to, but did so everyone had the same demo experience.

Man that's awesome. We talked extensively about Dragon Quest. She's been the Nintendo rep for our area for the last 20 years. She knows enough about it, but I was really driving the point home on how long I've been waiting for this game, and talked about DQVIII. She looked into that, but she couldn't find any info on her docket for DQVIII this year, but she said she also doesn't have all of the insider info like people would think.

I showed her my DQ collection I posted up on twitter a couple of weeks ago, and I was wearing my Slime Knight Dragon Quest VIII shirt. I was making it known that I was super ready for this game.

Well, I was able to play the Dragon Quest VII demo at the nearest GameStop store near where I live. And I've enjoyed what I've played so far of Dragon Quest VII. Dragon Quest VII, graphics wise, looks really good in person, in my opinion. The farthest I went in the Dragon Quest VII demo is when Gabo joined my party after I've defeated Hackrobat. The only minor issue I have with Dragon Quest VII is that navigating the menu was a bit slow and sluggish. But besides that, I've enjoyed playing the Dragon Quest VII demo for more than an hour. I think I was one of the very few people (if not the only person) who played the Dragon Quest VII demo.

The Nintendo rep I talked to told me (and another person next to me) that the first Dragon Quest game he played was Dragon Quest IX and he really enjoyed that game. And he didn't know that the Western version of Dragon Quest VII had a synthesised MIDI soundtrack instead of an orchestrated soundtrack. The Nintendo rep also speculated that Dragon Quest VIII would probably be released in early 2017. (Of course, I've talked to him about other video game related topics such as the Nintendo NX, PlayStation Neo, Project Scorpio, etc., which I had a blast talking about with him.)

eb21d49a13c2b8ee0c6edcab6943e4f8.jpg

Edited by Dakhil

The demo wont be in Canada so I can't play. ;_; Why the heck isn't it on the eshop?

Man that's awesome. We talked extensively about Dragon Quest. She's been the Nintendo rep for our area for the last 20 years. She knows enough about it, but I was really driving the point home on how long I've been waiting for this game, and talked about DQVIII. She looked into that, but she couldn't find any info on her docket for DQVIII this year, but she said she also doesn't have all of the insider info like people would think.

I showed her my DQ collection I posted up on twitter a couple of weeks ago, and I was wearing my Slime Knight Dragon Quest VIII shirt. I was making it known that I was super ready for this game.

Damnit! I have that same shirt (2 in fact), but I didn't bring it to Tampa because I didn't realize until after I was there the store was 20 minutes away from my in-laws, not a full hour.

Yes, I tried to get NX info too, but she's on a pretty limited need to know. And all she needed to know today was DQ and Metroid.

Btw, I'd never played a new 3DS XL before. I absolutely loved it and would get myself one as a gift now with the games coming, but I wonder what the future holds for the system with NX coming soon. Maybe I'll get a New 3DS not XL. Although that screen was amazing. I always play with full 3D and that was great from all angles!

The demo wont be in Canada so I can't play. ;_; Why the heck isn't it on the eshop?

I think because really there is no demo. I'm 99% sure what we had today was the full game, just with that one specific save in that one specific place. We played the full game, albeit for a short time. With 3 weeks left, they have those boxes ready and filled with the game.

Edited by Plattym3

Damnit! I have that same shirt (2 in fact), but I didn't bring it to Tampa because I didn't realize until after I was there the store was 20 minutes away from my in-laws, not a full hour.

Yes, I tried to get NX info too, but she's on a pretty limited need to know. And all she needed to know today was DQ and Metroid.

Btw, I'd never played a new 3DS XL before. I absolutely loved it and would get myself one as a gift now with the games coming, but I wonder what the future holds for the system with NX coming soon. Maybe I'll get a New 3DS not XL. Although that screen was amazing. I always play with full 3D and that was great from all angles!

I think because really there is no demo. I'm 99% sure what we had today was the full game, just with that one specific save in that one specific place. We played the full game, albeit for a short time. With 3 weeks left, they have those boxes ready and filled with the game.

Actually, the Nintendo rep I've talked to didn't know anything about the Nintendo NX. However, he did hear all the rumours about the Nintendo NX on NeoGAF, so we were speculating about that. Both of us agree that NeoGAF is the place where gamers have kneejerk reactions. :P

Actually, the Nintendo rep I've talked to didn't know anything about the Nintendo NX. However, he did hear all the rumours about the Nintendo NX on NeoGAF, so we were speculating about that. Both of us agree that NeoGAF is the place where gamers have kneejerk reactions. :P

Oh, by need to know, I meant she had no corporate need so had zero knowledge. She was asking me what I'd heard.

Give it to me now

The rep I dealt with had no knowledge of it either and avoids rumors online because out how outlandish they get. She's tired of the wild rumors flying about and she doesn't even know anything about it.

And yes. I think that the game game is ready to ship, we're just waiting on the release date now. The copies they have are full games with that mandated save. It's so close. I am so ready.

I actually ended up not being able to try out the demo but dagnabbit I wish I could have! I heard so many good things about it... I'm just glad I can pick it up in, like, 19 days! I swear, if dying of happiness and excitement alone was actually possible I'd need to write out my will pretty bloomin' fast!

I actually ended up not being able to try out the demo but dagnabbit I wish I could have! I heard so many good things about it... I'm just glad I can pick it up in, like, 19 days! I swear, if dying of happiness and excitement alone was actually possible I'd need to write out my will pretty bloomin' fast!

Same here. Speaking about excitement, I'm also excited to play Dragon Quest VIII again on the Nintendo 3DS as well. Of course, I'm excited to get my hands on Dragon Quest VII in around 21 days from now (hopefully one of the best 100+ hours of my life).

Same here. Speaking about excitement, I'm also excited to play Dragon Quest VIII again on the Nintendo 3DS as well. Of course, I'm excited to get my hands on Dragon Quest VII in around 21 days from now (hopefully one of the best 100+ hours of my life).

Oh gosh, the more I think about these coming months the more excited I get! I adored DQVIII for the PS2, and from what I've heard, the 3DS version is somehow even better! I'm definitely getting all these upcoming Dragon Quest games day one! I won't settle for any less! I'm just glad that the waiting part is nearly over!  :laugh:

I actually ended up not being able to try out the demo but dagnabbit I wish I could have! I heard so many good things about it... I'm just glad I can pick it up in, like, 19 days! I swear, if dying of happiness and excitement alone was actually possible I'd need to write out my will pretty bloomin' fast!

Oh gosh, the more I think about these coming months the more excited I get! I adored DQVIII for the PS2, and from what I've heard, the 3DS version is somehow even better! I'm definitely getting all these upcoming Dragon Quest games day one! I won't settle for any less! I'm just glad that the waiting part is nearly over!
When Dragon Quest VII is concerned, definitely! :)

Dragon Quest VIII, on the other hand, I still have to play the waiting game.

Can't a Nintendo 3DS Nintendo Direct come any sooner? I know you're prepping for the Nintendo NX, Nintendo, but can you at least give a hint when another Nintendo 3DS Nintendo Direct is coming up?

(Sorry for the little rant.)

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk