Sign in to follow this  
ErdrickRotoLotoOrtega

What is your favorite chapter from Dragon Quest IV?

What is your favorite chapter from Dragon Quest IV  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

And why?

Mine would probably be Chapter 2. I simply love the character of Alena and love the little trio of Alena, Borya (Brey) and Cristo. If anything, I'd love to see a spinoff game of those three.

That's a strange way to describe Homeland.

And just so we're clear, that's a joke. Obviously you're talking about Wagon Wheel March.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I love that music. Might even be my favorite overworld music of the series. It sort of reminds me of the triumphant music of the overworld of DQVII.

Tough call.  I like Ragnar and Healie, but I'd have to go with Alena, Cristo and Brey.  As character's they're the most juxtaposed, and therefore interesting.  Alena also has a really cool chapter, involving fighting in the arena.

In the words of the Tsarevna, her chapter is "VERY OKAY!"

Edited by Liamland
  • Upvote 1

My actual favorite chapter would definitely have to be chapter 6 from the remake. But since that isn't an option I'll just go with 5, because pretty much what Dark Slime Said.

Chapter 5, due to everyone being available, plus you can listen to the world map themes from previous chapters depending on your lead character.

If I'm not counting that due to it being an obvious choice, I really liked Alena's and Torneko's chapters, but I've a soft spot in my heart for that magnificent merchant trying to make a living.

• Upvote 1

i like chapters 5 but i prefer chapter 6

Hmm.. one is great, but really only because of the fact that it's the first part of a proper video game I ever played, so..

Aside from that, Psaro and Rose's story goes well in my opinion, so probably Chapter 5. (Chapter 6 is also a nice bonus, Aamon was a nice surprise, but it's not on the poll. Oops.)

Maya and Meena's chapter. Chapter 4 right? I like how it's its own, self-contained story of revenge. Especially cool that it's two sisters using the skills at their disposal to get revenge for the murder of their father. Usually the positions are reversed, the dad using his skill set to get revenge for the death of his family.

Def 5 for me, its when everyone comes together.

Yep. I really enjoy the Hero(ine) of DQIV the best!

Chapter 4.Maya and Meena story is pretty good, i like their personality and appearance and their overworld theme and battle music is great!

Chapter 5 is a contender, but I went with the smaller, quirkier Chapter 3 for the poll. It was a very creative and unique scenario (how many RPGs have you play as a middle-aged, married shopkeeper?), particularly for the time it was released.

Chapter 5 is a contender, but I went with the smaller, quirkier Chapter 3 for the poll. It was a very creative and unique scenario (how many RPGs have you play as a middle-aged, married shopkeeper?), particularly for the time it was released.

Chapter 3 is a close contender for me. In fact, I sometimes feel differently upon my playthroughs and sometimes favor Chapter 3. I just love the character of Torneko and his family. I love the relationship he has with his wife and how she's not above giving him a playful smack every now and then. They have this definite Irish/Scottish sassy couple quality to them. 

His wife is awesome: "Oh, I love you, you lug!" *Smack* Heh! Heh!

Chapter 5 makes up the bulk of the game, so that would be my favorite.  I do enjoy Torneko's chapter since it offers a nice change of pace.

Chapter 5 makes up the bulk of the game, so that would be my favorite.  I do enjoy Torneko's chapter since it offers a nice change of pace.

Yep! Nothing better than going the entire game with the moldy, uneaten "packed lunch" in your party's bag. LOL! 

• Upvote 1

I really enjoy Alena and Kiryl as characters, so I'll say Chapter 2.

I wonder if Kiryl ever confessed his feelings to Alena at some point. 

I actually forget if there ever was a thing between them or if he was just a really good soldier that wanted to protect her.

I wonder if Kiryl ever confessed his feelings to Alena at some point. 

I actually forget if there ever was a thing between them or if he was just a really good soldier that wanted to protect her.

The remake seemed to strongly imply that he had hidden feelings for her. There was never an indication if Alena felt the same way or not. 

2 of my favorites. I'd say they're 2 of my top 5 DQ characters.

Chapter 4

Meena and Maya are my favorite characters in the game and I love the overworld and battle themes from it.

Chapter 4

Meena and Maya are my favorite characters in the game and I love the overworld and battle themes from it.

It's interesting you and many others keep saying good things about chapter 4. It was always my least favorite.

Chapter 1 - reminds me of DQ1 and is short and a great ease into the game.

Chapter 2 - not necessarily my favorite, but has my favorite characters. Heck, I'd usually run Chapter 5 with Hero, Alena, Cristo, and Brey.

Chapter 3 - LOVE everything about it.

Chapter 4 - Always annoyed me. Maybe because I love a good physical attack party and the ladies weren't that. I'd die more than any other chapter. This was always an annoyance to get through until the "real game" began. But, I'm beginning to see all your points.

Chapter 5 - Favorite. By far!

Chapter 4

It's interesting you and many others keep saying good things about chapter 4. It was always my least favorite.

Chapter 1 - reminds me of DQ1 and is short and a great ease into the game.

Chapter 2 - not necessarily my favorite, but has my favorite characters. Heck, I'd usually run Chapter 5 with Hero, Alena, Cristo, and Brey.

Chapter 3 - LOVE everything about it.

Chapter 4 - Always annoyed me. Maybe because I love a good physical attack party and the ladies weren't that. I'd die more than any other chapter. This was always an annoyance to get through until the "real game" began. But, I'm beginning to see all your points.

Chapter 5 - Favorite. By far!

I love what you stated about Chapter 1--that's exactly how I feel about it--it's basically the spiritual successor to the first Dragon Warrior. That's a neat little quest--especially once you get Healie. It's amazing how much of a fan following Healie has. Who would have thought that such a minor little monster character could become so loved? For the record--I love him, too. :D

"The Adventures of Ragnar and Healie"--missed spinoff opportunity right there!

• Upvote 1