Sign in to follow this  
Awesomeinblue

Delayed in Europe

"Originally slated for a 2016 release, Square Enix’s Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King for the Nintendo 3DS system will be pushed back to 2017 in Europe. However, not all is bad news as Nintendo still plans to release the game in North America later this year."

Edited by Awesomeinblue

It's DQuexiting the EU lineup this year. Damn. I'd have assumed the NA and EU versions would be near identical and released at the same time.

Well, I wouldn't be shocked to see them delay DQ8 here in the us as well.

Here's a clip to go with your chanting, Dwaine.

I so wish I had seen this commercial when it was around...*sniffle*...damn liberal hippy demographic in my town!  *shakes fist*

However, the coup de grace...the original America song...

In all seriousness though, I kind of like the idea of US/EU co-releases.  I've never liked preferential treatment.  I can wait for DQ8.

Would be interesting if it made 2016 in the US too. I mean, I wouldn't be against it but to release it so soon after VII...

I think that this news just means that Europe got their delay news first.

• Upvote 1

This MIGHT just mean NA is, indeed, getting the symphonic soundtrack since it may not contain the other languages.  Just a thought.

This MIGHT just mean NA is, indeed, getting the symphonic soundtrack since it may not contain the other languages.  Just a thought.

This would make the US edition...superior.

• Upvote 1

I can still see the NA version getting delayed into early next year.

• Upvote 1

Thanks to this news, I'm sure if you're a fan in Norway, you're at the end of...Europe.

• Upvote 3

Yeah, unless they already have a solid, internalized released date for NA, I could see it falling back, too.

Yeah, unless they already have a solid, internalized released date for NA, I could see it falling back, too.

Even if only for the sake of game sales, I'd PREFER we both see a 2017 release.  There's just too much out there this year to purchase, and a plethora of JRPG's at the end of this year released at the same time.  Sales would have been much much much higher overall had they been released over time from the start of the year to the end.

Edited by ignasia7
  • Upvote 1

There's Persona 5 early next year, though. That's gonna be a biggie. (even bigger than FFXV possibly?)

Sure as hell not in the west.

There's also Tales of Berseria.

Nintendo and others have shown they aren't shy about releasing games close to others anyways, like DQVII and FFXV and SMTIV Apocalypse.

Edited by Tiael

Doesn't it make a difference when it's different companies doing that? If all those games were from a single company, then it would strange.

I so wish I had seen this commercial when it was around...*sniffle*...damn liberal hippy demographic in my town!  *shakes fist*

It came out in 2010 and it was just a plain ol' commercial for the 4th of July. The song fit perfectly, so one day I was on YouTube and thought, "...I wonder if someone actually made a mash up. Someone HAD to!" And they did. I was so happy. I'm sure the people who made the commercial had it in mind, too.

In all seriousness though, I kind of like the idea of US/EU co-releases.  I've never liked preferential treatment.  I can wait for DQ8.

It's likely all about marketing. Last year Yoshi's Wooly World came out in July there and October here.

I can still see the NA version getting delayed into early next year.

That's commie talk. Why don't you go to Russia and eat a baguette, commie!!

• Upvote 1

Doesn't it make a difference when it's different companies doing that? If all those games were from a single company, then it would strange.

Yeah, thus it doesn't really feel that odd if DQVIII were a February release with Persona 5 and whenever Tales of Berseria comes out, and who knows what else.

I wouldn't be surprised if the release date of Dragon Quest VIII in North America will be delayed to early 2017 shortly afterwards.

However, I would be surprised if Nintendo decides to release Dragon Quest VIII in North America at around December 2016.

They released XBXC in December. I wouldn't put it pass them.

They released XBXC in December. I wouldn't put it pass them.

That's true. However, the release date for Xenoblade Chronicles X in North America and Europe were the same (like with Dragon Quest VII).

And considering that Nintendo likes to have release dates for Nintendo published Dragon Quest games in North America and Europe to be either the same (again, like with Dragon Quest VII) or fairly close to each other (like with Dragon Quest IX) with Dragon Quest VI being the only exception when it comes to Nintendo published Dragon Quest games (I believe that Dragon Quest IV and Dragon Quest V were published by Square Enix themselves and not Nintendo if I remember correctly), it seems very likely that Nintendo will delay the release date of Dragon Quest VIII in North America to early 2017.

Henceforth, the reason why I said I would be surprised if Nintendo does decide to release Dragon Quest VIII in North America at around December 2016, but at around early 2017 in Europe.

Edited by Dakhil