NES Classic Edition - 11/11 $59.99

I'm vacationing in Texas. I was at a store that sells DVDs, books, graphic novels, and games. Then I saw that they had a retro gaming section. They were selling off brand controllers for N64, SNES, and NES. They even had orange guns for the NES!

• Upvote 1

Texas is apparently really big on old games. The Game Chasers are based out of there I believe and they have a whole YouTube series based around retro game hunting.

I'm vacationing in Texas. I was at a store that sells DVDs, books, graphic novels, and games. Then I saw that they had a retro gaming section. They were selling off brand controllers for N64, SNES, and NES. They even had orange guns for the NES!

Yeah, there are several companies that are making new versions of those controllers. You can order them online or find them in any gaming store that isn't a Gamestop.

Yeah, I bought one of the bluetooth ones for my home PC, works very well.

I think I'll buy a hundred of these then sell it on eBay at 1000% Mark up.

You have the mindset of 3rd party sellers. Prey on feelings and get the price you don't deserve.

I think I'll buy a hundred of these then sell it on eBay at 1000% Mark up.

You have the mindset of 3rd party sellers. Prey on feelings and get the price you don't deserve.

Ain't no rest for the wicked, money don't grow on trees, I got bills to pay I got... bills to pay, and ain't nothing in this world free, I can't slow down I can't hold back, though you know I wish I could.

You know these minis will be hard to find when they come out since Nintendo is historically know for under shipping, and people will be buying them up to do exactly that, sell them for marked up prices online.

You know these minis will be hard to find when they come out since Nintendo is historically know for under shipping, and people will be buying them up to do exactly that, sell them for marked up prices online.

It will be amiibo all over again!

NESiibo

I was just making a joke about scalpers, hopefully Nintendo makes it so you can only preorder one.

Anywhere I have made a comment about the NES mini, the loonies come out of the woodwork with the emulation argument. It's almost as bad as the whole localisation vs censorship debate on the internet these days.  

Anywhere I have made a comment about the NES mini, the loonies come out of the woodwork with the emulation argument. It's almost as bad as the whole localisation vs censorship debate on the internet these days.

How dare you use the c-word in this house....er, topic. You'll bring upon the rants of Mortafuruna. Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

How dare you use the c-word in this house....er, topic. You'll bring upon the rants of Mortafuruna.
C word? Like the coffee cup from the University of North Texas?

00c9441642199cbc9aa1df4072ca1878.jpg

Oh, censorship. Got it.

Edited by Plattym3

How dare you use the c-word in this house....er, topic. You'll bring upon the rants of Mortafuruna.

Oh, censorship. Got it.

the double C.

Chocolate Cake.

Oh, censorship. Got it.

the double C.

Chocolate Cake.

Blasphemy. Vanilla cake with a red berry filling. And whipped cream frosting.

Keep your double Cs to your hippie self!

We're safe for the time being. He's most likely too occupied in the comments sections of Ghostbusters reviews to know what's happening here.

Coffeeccino, it combines the classic taste of coffee with the fun taste of cappuccino!

If anyone knows that reference, they are officially my new best friend

tbh I think a lot of people are overestimating this thing and how much money it will make

Anyone that's into retro games probably already owns a portion of these games and an actual NES. If not,then yeah,this is a good starting point,but then comes the fact that it has no way of adding more games (which is not saying 30 isn't a generous number of games for this price,considering how much they are in VC)

I also don't think kids will really jump on this either,but I may be wrong

Tho I think it's a good decision for Nintendo to release this since they really don't have a lot of stuff coming as always

I actually really like the idea that it should have been a Virtual Console machine with a NES skin on it. It's own storefront and everything with just compatible Virtual Console games that will continue to get updates as the Wii U or NX or whatever future consoles and handles we get does.

And you're right in a lot of ways, Pedro. Despite the low price, kids don't have a tolerance for old games. And make no mistake, a lot of these games are dated. Very few games on this thing are ones you'll want to go back to again and again or even play it for more than a half hour. People will probably just use it as a knick-knack. The games they have a pretty standard for collectors too. Cheap and easy to find at any flea market. They could have been heroes to many retro gamers if they made this compatible with NES cartridges. I know it's common for people to continuously buy more NES consoles because their current ones are constantly giving out.

I would totally vote for you.

tbh I think a lot of people are overestimating this thing and how much money it will make

Anyone that's into retro games probably already owns a portion of these games and an actual NES. If not,then yeah,this is a good starting point,but then comes the fact that it has no way of adding more games (which is not saying 30 isn't a generous number of games for this price,considering how much they are in VC)

I also don't think kids will really jump on this either,but I may be wrong

Tho I think it's a good decision for Nintendo to release this since they really don't have a lot of stuff coming as always

It will sell well, just like the Wii did a decade ago(Geeze I am old), and it will sell to the exact same market that the Wii did. Casual gamers that remember the old NES games of their youth and people buying it for little kids that will use it a few times and probably never touch it again. It will sell quite well to that market, and event he retro gamers that want to play NES games on newer HDTVs without a lot of upscailing equipment or modified consoles. I even think that the NES can't really be modified to have better resolution due to the lacking of the SCART output that most other consoles had.  So this could be popular with the Retro gaming crowd as well.