NES Classic Edition - 11/11 $59.99

At least they didn't throw Urban Champion and DK Jr. Math on there. For whatever reason Nintendo really wants people to like Urban Champion...

It sucks that there's no Dragon Warrior but I'll still pick it up. I mean, Nintendo is localizing DQ7 right? Why not get people some background history with Dragon Warrior 1 or 3 on the system? :(

Sweet! I wonder if it will have HDMI out and not be a crappy composite out like those plug and play systems.

Yes, it's HDMI out mainly because it's probably running on a NOC (Nes on a chip) or Raspberry pi fork or something.

Yeah, the bundle includes an HDMI cable and one of the controllers (gotta buy a second separately, of course)

Why no River City Ransom. >:I

But this thing looks pretty cool! It looks tiny enough to bring with you to friend's houses, too! I'll certainly be picking up one of these systems, there are a few games there I don't own! :) Here's hoping for an SNES Classic Edition!

• Upvote 1

I tried to narrow the list to games that I like or would like to try, but I ended up leaving a lot of these in.

I like MegaMan 3 better than 2, and 6 is really good too

I only found this game about a year ago, and it is awesome!

Yeah, River City Ransom is my favorite NES game. :) I own it on two different systems already, but I'd like to have it on what is supposed to be a compilation of the best NES games. :P

Edited by gooieooie

Nintendo could literally bury themselves in money if they released an NES that would let you play any NES cartridge and let you set save states. Instead, Retron will keep getting people's money.

• Upvote 2

Yeah, River City Ransom is my favorite NES game. :) I own it on two different systems already, but I'd like to have it on what is supposed to be a compilation of the best NES games. :P

I got a NES rom collection from a friend that had "$#!&$ City Pimps." It was a disgusting modded version of the game, but I was already addicted to the gameplay before it got too bad. I briefly described it to a friend, and he said "I think that's River City Ransom." I never would have found it on my own, since the collection had about 700 roms in it.

But this thing looks pretty cool! It looks tiny enough to bring with you to friend's houses, too! I'll certainly be picking up one of these systems, there are a few games there I don't own! :) Here's hoping for an SNES Classic Edition!

AMEN!

I know that a lot of people are complaining that you can't add any more games to it, but honestly, there are only a hand full of games that I would want to add.

TMNT 2: The arcade game

Batteltoads

Contra

Dragon Warrior

Ultima

All of those are third party games too. 

What about Castlevania 3?

Needs some Crystallis, Dragon Warrior I-IV, more Castlevania and Contra, Little Nemo, Marble Madness, more Mega Man, Paperboy, TMNT (hah!)

• Upvote 1

I doubt they would add Dragon Warrior 1-4 on any kind of collection like this. Bit of a shame, but hey, things could change at some point. They did include the original Famicom trilogy on that 25th anniversary disc after all.

I know, it's a pipe dream but since we were expressing what we wanted to see I put in games I enjoyed as a child.

If only it could become the reality and not a dream. I'd love to play the originals without having to emulate.

I have my NES copies, but they're in Iowa in my mom's basement.

Joy.

I can go make sure they are working for you. :P

No wai.

You'll never find them in Des Moines~!

Actually that could be hard game given the size of Des Moines. Only place I kinda know my way around over there is Carlisle. I really should go back to Des Moines at some point and check out the Zombie Burger restaurant up there. I hear their Mac and cheese hamburger is fantastic.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Friends keep posting photos from Zombie Burger on Facebook, makes me salty!
I had moved before they were even a thing.

Edited by Tiael