Sign in to follow this  
Fates

FFXV (and Kingsglaive)

So yeah, my 2nd most anticipated game of the year.

Haven't been this excited for a FF since X back in the early PS2 days. Good times.

Also, it seems Kingsglaive was a really good movie.

I'm pretty excited for the game as well, and I like everything I see, except for the way the main four look. They made Prompto look younger and changed Noctis' voice from the Duscae demo to a younger sounding person. I liked the older voice.

I liked older sounding Noctis too. He was kinda like the FF version of Batman with that voice.

Square came out and said that players were complaining that he sounded too old so they agreed to make him sound younger. I understand he's young, somewhere in the 15-20 range, right? But don't make him sound on the younger end. He just kinda sounds whiny now compared to the older voice. If they offer dual audio with subtitle, I may play it that way if the voice sounds better. I dunno. It's hard to nail voice acting. I really like the way Gladiolus looks and sounds. I'd rather have him be the main character :P

You just gotta have the right voice actors. Persona regularly nails casting, with only the occasional misstep *cough*Fuuka*cough*.

That said, I really like Prompto and Ignis' voices.

Gladiolus being the hero would be totally OK with me.

• Upvote 1

Sorry for double post but...

Kingsglaive tanked. Hard. https://twitter.com/MoogleKupoCake/status/753011663993970688

Double post? That's nothing; I've gone as far as 9 or 10 posts in a row.

Reception for 15 will probably be better in the west than the east for the game.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Kingsglaive tanked. Hard. https://twitter.com/MoogleKupoCake/status/753011663993970688

Double post? That's nothing; I've gone as far as 9 or 10 posts in a row.

Reception for 15 will probably be better in the west than the east for the game.

If you post 15 times in a row, the reception will NOT be pretty, East or West! Edited by Plattym3

Girl, you know that's not what I meant! You crazy.

...though the EO discussion thread is proof I can have a lot of posts in a row. Wakka wakka wakka.

There's a discussion about this on the FFXV board on GameFAQs, and most of us agree that the movie did pretty well considering it wasn't originally planned to have a theatrical release at all, and it had very little advertisement.

There's a discussion about this on the FFXV board on GameFAQs, and most of us agree that the movie did pretty well considering it wasn't originally planned to have a theatrical release at all, and it had very little advertisement.

I was thinking about posting that topic. Saw it was #10 according to the topic.

I was thinking about posting that topic. Saw it was #10 according to the topic.

Yep. Not that bad, really.

Girl, you know that's not what I meant! You crazy.

...though the EO discussion thread is proof I can have a lot of posts in a row. Wakka wakka wakka.

I'm cra cra!

Good to hear the reviews are positive, the movie looks badass.

I think it will do better here than in Japan. Just a feeling I have.

Also, I think Lunafreya is prettier in this movie than in FF15.

Anything FF15 related will do better in the west, really.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

This is true.

I'm pretty optimistic. I dunno what it is but the idea of a bro-adtrip fighting monsters and stuff just really seems awesome to me.

Tell that to the trolls on GameFAQs and NeoGAF. Some people just want the game to fail miserably, and I don't know why.

Well it's GameFAQs. What'd you expect? :P

I don't get it either. I want it to be great.

I can understand lowered expectations... FF13 hurt. But to want the game to fail is...

Anyway, my one concern about FF15 is... so far we've only seen the one big field. I hope there's more zones than that, with different environments. Maybe it works like FF12.

Tell that to the trolls on GameFAQs and NeoGAF. Some people just want the game to fail miserably, and I don't know why.

Most of those people that want it to fail I find to be Persona fans, or general SUPER Japanese-y RPG fans. That's my experience so far, but your milage may vary.

Kinda noticed that too. There's like this P5 vs FF15 thing going on.

I kinda don't get it.

Most of those people that want it to fail I find to be Persona fans, or general SUPER Japanese-y RPG fans. That's my experience so far, but your milage may vary.

You hit the nail on the head.

Maybe someday both sides will get along, but it's GameFAQs, so that won't happen until half past never.

I don't get it either. I want it to be great.

I can understand lowered expectations... FF13 hurt. But to want the game to fail is...

Anyway, my one concern about FF15 is... so far we've only seen the one big field. I hope there's more zones than that, with different environments. Maybe it works like FF12.

Altissia looks amazing. I can't wait to explore the city, especially since the devs said they still get lost within it.

Persona 5 is gonna kick the $#!& outta FFXV, **** this game!

Now that that's out of the way...looking forward to seeing Kingsglaive and playing FFXV, as well as SMTIV Apocalypse, Persona 5, Trails of Cold Steel II, DQVII, WoFF, DQB and a multitude of others.

Variety is the spice of life, and I have interest in a lot of games.

Edited by Tiael