GentlemanPotato

Dragon Quest Heroes Models

Thought you guys might be interested to know that I've begun ripping the models from Dragon Quest Heroes and uploading them to models resource. I intend to upload everything eventually but its gonna take a while.

• Upvote 4

Wow, awesome! Thanks for sharing these.  I just spent the better part of an hour loading these into blender and looking around.  So cool. 

That is cool, thanks :)

Wow, awesome! Thanks for sharing these.  I just spent the better part of an hour loading these into blender and looking around.  So cool. 

Yeah, you just wanted to see if Jessica was naked under her clothes ;)

• Upvote 1

Well, I wasn't going to say anything, but I definitely had to do a Yangus upskirt check ;) Nothing to show for it though.

I did try loading multiple models at once (Jessica, followed by Bianca) and what resulted was a mashup of Bianca's face and Jessica's.... assets.  Finally we can mix and match the best features of our favorites heroes / heroines!

I have all the models but it takes ages to convert and render them and even longer for models resource to approve them. I originally uploaded all the alt outfits separately but a moderator decided to shove them together

Yeah, I saw the first 22 or so of these when they were being uploaded. Sadly my Blender experience is at the bottom of the barrel.

Hopefully however, this will ultimately mean GMOD/SFM/etc will see these models someday [i'd love to see the Player Characters as full player models with weapon hand support, etc :D]. If I had the experience I'd try to do it myself just out of being tired of seeing almost zilch in DQ to show on GMOD, but again, I have no Blender experience and I'm working too much on other things to try to learn right now. :V

GentlemanPotato, thanks for your work on these and the sprite sheets on spriter's resource. I am wondering if you were going to rip the textures and other assets as well, or if it's going to be just sprites and models? :o

Edited by Lord Misfit

I meant like the walls and floors for the levels themselves and all that, not model textures.

It's strange, I never found any level textures or models. Must be something wrong with Steven's Gas Machine that I used to extract the files

Thank you so much! This is actually the first I've seen of this thread, but coincidentally I happened to see these on The Model Resource earlier today, which is funny as I so very rarely check that site and I'm on the Den every day.

Yeah, I saw the first 22 or so of these when they were being uploaded. Sadly my Blender experience is at the bottom of the barrel.

Hopefully however, this will ultimately mean GMOD/SFM/etc will see these models someday [i'd love to see the Player Characters as full player models with weapon hand support, etc :D]. If I had the experience I'd try to do it myself just out of being tired of seeing almost zilch in DQ to show on GMOD, but again, I have no Blender experience and I'm working too much on other things to try to learn right now. :V

GentlemanPotato, thanks for your work on these and the sprite sheets on spriter's resource. I am wondering if you were going to rip the textures and other assets as well, or if it's going to be just sprites and models? :o

I have wanted Dragon Quest Heroes models in gmod ever since it came out! I wish I knew how to do that kind of stuff.

On 7/11/2016 at 6:07 AM, SlimeVagrant said:

I have wanted Dragon Quest Heroes models in gmod ever since it came out! I wish I knew how to do that kind of stuff.

So just over four years later, there are now two models for GMOD [playermodel/NPC/ragdoll support]: Healix and Nera. Both of these were created by "Retro2Modern", the first commissioned by a different person, and the latter commissioned by yours-truly. However in addition to that, the creation of Nera's set inspired me to use the voice lines I extracted of hers for my Aetherius classic [GZ]Doom modification and make what is called a "TFA-VOX" pack [a voicepack that can be used with a specific player model]. This ended up being my first ever Steam workshop addon I ever made. I might consider a similar voice pack using the Healix sounds/voice-files I extracted some years back, but that might not be immediate.

CdqRkCV.png

d4AaOm1.png

utxkkgF.png

BVTg0fW.png

TUXdBgi.png

P.S. I hope this isn't against the rules to post this over 4 years after the last post, but the previous posts were extremely relevant for this post. x.x

Edited by lordmisfit
  • Like 3

No worries about necromancy here. We like circling around to old topics with new info or insights.