Sign in to follow this  
Plattym3

Amazon Update: December 29th

So, Amazon just emailed me and said DQVIII will be coming out on December 29th. Of course, it's been a mess with all the DQ games this year, so who knows, but there it is.

All these dates seem to have one thing in common: they are days on the calendar.

At least it's coming, I guess.

• Upvote 1

Wait if you subtract 18 and 11 you get 7. The seventh month is July which has 4 letters while January is the 1st month if you subtract 4 from 1 you get 3...

... coincidence I think not, Illuminati confirmed.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk

If it did come out in December, I'd be very ecstatic.

It'd be a Merry Christmas if it did.

Even without the orchestral OST

Badumtish.

Badumtish.

Don't even joke about that. If 8 loses the symphonic music in the 3DS version then I'll truly be disappointed and be complaining to Square Enix, Nintendo, Sugiyama, and whoever else I have to.

I await your letters.

I will put my Hancock as well.

Considering DQVIII PS2 in the west was the only game we've gotten with orchestral, I feel that would be more of a slap in the face since we've been exposed to it prior.

DQVII tends to sting, for sure, but it's my favorite OST years before I listened to the symphonic suites, and the PS1 version wasn't orchestral.

Wait if you subtract 18 and 11 you get 7. The seventh month is July which has 4 letters while January is the 1st month if you subtract 4 from 1 you get 3...

... coincidence I think not, Illuminati confirmed.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk

Oh my God... You cracked it! Half-Life 3 confirmed!

Well that's the second update for it, yeah? Up until then I had a September delivery date for it. Now it's back to December, which it was before.

Well that's the second update for it, yeah? Up until then I had a September delivery date for it. Now it's back to December, which it was before.

The September date was always an error.

Edited by Plattym3

The Sept 16 date was never right... that's VII's date. Whoever in charge of this at Amazon is being silly.

• Upvote 1

Badumtish.

Don't even joke about that. If 8 loses the symphonic music in the 3DS version then I'll truly be disappointed and be complaining to Square Enix, Nintendo, Sugiyama, and whoever else I have to.

If they take out 8's symphonic suite, I'm gonna be pissed. 7 didn't originally have it, so I'm fine on that front, but I won't accept 8 losing what it already had. Letters will be written, tables will be flipped, and water balloons will be thrown.

Badumtish.

If they take out 8's symphonic suite, I'm gonna be pissed. 7 didn't originally have it, so I'm fine on that front, but I won't accept 8 losing what it already had. Letters will be written, tables will be flipped, and water balloons will be thrown.

Don't forget the eggs that will be pelted and the toilet paper for the TP'ing.

But seriously, it will be awful if both games lose the symphonic music. As much I love DQ7's soundtrack and think it's the best in the series, DQ8's soundtrack is my personal favorite. I know some people around here aren't a fan of it since it was the one that started reusing past songs, but I think 8's soundtrack offers a good combination of styles throughout the series. You have the short and fast memorable battle themes from the early games, the haunting dungeon theme style of 4-6, and so forth.

The fact we got the symphonic soundtrack in the PS2 version was the best thing we've gotten in a DQ English release, and if it's taken away in the 3DS version...

Well, like I said in the E3 topic, Yangus is gonna have to choke a $#!&@.

Dusk gonna be right behind you. 8 has a fantastic soundtrack, and I don't care what anyone says. After I first played it, I was humming tunes from it for months. The fact that it reuses older songs just evokes that nostalgic feeling.

• Upvote 1

It will be a loss to lose the orchestra soundtrack. But if the hunch of there being license issues is true... then it is logical to assume we will lose that soundtrack in addition to 7's. Which is concerning because it will lead to some fan backlash and DQ really can't afford to suffer from bad sales again. I'm still in disbelief we are getting these games after the post-DQ9 decline of last time.

I hope the fanbase doesn't decide to not support the releases over that. As crappy as it is, licensing issues aren't a sign of laziness or trying to deliver a subpar product... its just industry bs rearing it's head :/

Edited by Fates

I'm still going to support the releases, but it's not going to stop me from being vocal about the change in music. I genuinely care about how music is handled in this series over ANY other franchise; that's how special Dragon Quest music is.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

I think we can all agree there was some confusion on dates. I can't even keep track of which games were given which wrong dates or were moved or what. I blame the school system.

I think we can all agree there was some confusion on dates. I can't even keep track of which games were given which wrong dates or were moved or what. I blame the school system.

I just ignored Amazon and went with general timeliness Nintendo and Sony said. If Amazon didn't match, I didn't worry, it'll all work out.

The funny thing is that Amazon lists the release date for the digital release of Dragon Quest VIII as 16 September 2016: https://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Quest-VIII-Journey-Digital/dp/B017WJYX3Q/ref=sr_1_1_twi_sof_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1468033876&sr=8-1&keywords=dragon+quest+8

Guess they still haven't corrected that.

Guess they still haven't corrected that.

I know. Amazon still hasn't corrected the release date for the physical copy of Dragon Quest VII, yet Amazon has the correct release date for the digital version of Dragon Quest VII. In other words, Amazon is all over the place when it comes to release dates for Dragon Quest VII and Dragon Quest VIII. XD

If only there was a way to contact Amazon about the release date errors. XD

Edited by Dakhil
  • Upvote 1