Nintendo site is up (and it's back on Amazon.com)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, they're referring to the fact that you can fight now in monster form, whereas in DQ6 you had the first monster classes (Dragon, LMS), but your form was still normal outside battle.  It's accurate,

Geez, they can't keep her new name consistent? What a load of Aishe.

Thank you! Yes, I'm back to the Den. Many good memories here, good to see you too and hope things are going great.

(Flails arms wildly)

• Upvote 1

Despite being one of the optimists regarding its localization, now that it's so close it's almost hard to believe it's really finally happening.

Ahhhh, I'm so excited! :D

Hmm...intriguing.  The other mainlines are 13+ or older.  DQ7 is rated as 10+.  I wonder what that means...

Ok, I'm wrong in that.  Only DQ6 and 9 are 13+.  Still don't get why 7 is 10+.

Edited by ignasia7

Oh, my NUMEN, I almost hope something was taken out or covered up just to see how lit the subsequent censorship topic will get.

Fixed that for you! ;):thumbsup:

Edited by ignasia7

Hey! How dare you censor my speech! I referenced the God of Christian theology, not an imaginary video game one!

I bet if anything, that's what would be taken out

• Upvote 1

Hey! How dare you censor my speech! I referenced the NUMEN of Myrvenic theology, not an imaginary real world one!

I bet if anything, that's what would be taken out

Aye lad...aye, that it would.

I dare.

It's called contextual new age improvement!

Edited by ignasia7

Oh my Zenus, Numen, Celestria, Almighty, Rubies, Goddess, God, gods, it's.. beautiful, not gonna cry not gonna cry,* cries*.

In the tree house demo they called him The Almighty by the way, so I guess that's how they censored it. Still wouldn't be surprised if people who have never played Dragon Quest started to get all riled up about this.

Edited by TheKingOfTheDragovians

Was just coming to post this! So glad the site came up today because my prime ends in less than a week and I'm not renewing! Get my DQ7 discount first!

You won't get it. If you read carefully, the discount only applies to prime members at the time of the transaction. Since they don't charge your credit card until they ship, you're out of luck come September.

Oh, my God, I almost hope something was taken out or covered up just to see how lit the subsequent censorship topic will get.

The controversy might actually give the game some marketing it probably won't otherwise get :laugh:

Oh, my God, I almost hope something was taken out or covered up just to see how lit the subsequent censorship topic will get.

The controversy might actually give the game some marketing it probably won't otherwise get :laugh:

Free outrage videos from Mundane Matt and AlphaOmegaSin and maybe even Boogie would certainly help publicize it.

Our next Dragon Quest campaign should be to bug Nintendo to remove God from the game. Then we can stole the YouTube commentators into action.

Our next Dragon Quest campaign should be to bug Nintendo to remove God from the game. Then we can stole the YouTube commentators into action.

Or we could do something enlightening and useful...like crafting our own commercials.  Heck, I created some great ideas, but I have no experience with video editing, and this computer is SLOOOOOW in loading and actually editing stuff.  Plus, given my other stuff and obligations, I don't have the time.  So maybe, instead of wasting time on stuff like that, we could do that.  That would draw a lot of buzz, especially my concept of tweaking the two FF7r teaser trailers, particularly the original.  Hell...THAT might get Alpha and a few others to budge on the DQ series and start talking about it, but not from a negative angle, but instead from a positive one.

Hell, all press is good press, but too much negative does that have tendency to reduce sales, not drive them up.  Depends on whose listening though.  Atheists would probably go nuts over it and buy it for the sake of...omg no God, YES, NO flying spaghetti monster.  While people like me would be all...wtf is wrong with these people, I'm not supporting Nintendo.  I'll write them, and if it's not changed, I won't buy it!  Then you have Christians, Muslims, Hindus, and Jews who would be like...DUDE...NOOOO.  NOOOO!  You put GOD back in that game!  I won't support you ever again.  In fact, here's my WiiU and 3DS getting smashed in my protest video.

Sure it could go the other way, and everyone buys it to support, but I don't see that happening, especially when we can just say...well, it's a male God, but he's just named Numen, which is technically a name for God.

Say that early, and the Atheists would be like...what?  You lied.  You sons of b's.  I'm now triggered and butthurt (sjw atheists).  Or I'm upset, I can't believe I put the game on pre-order, I'm taking it down (hardcore right atheists who hate the notion of ANYTHING God related).  Or ok...you lied to me, why should I trust your campaigning on the DQ series at any other time?  Seriously.  What about you people makes you think it's ok to pretend something is gone when it really isn't?  Why sell me on bs, when you should have just told us it's an argument about the removal of the title God and exchanged it with Numen?  I'd have gotten the game anyway if I liked the concept of it, and not supported it over this bs.  I'll buy it, but next time, go suck an egg (the common sense atheist).

Christians...yeah, I'm not going there.  Same with Muslims.  Let's just say the idea of a false advertisement could go either way, and none of it positive.  I can see my people be all like...ok, not cool to lie, but cool name change.  I can see the moderate Christians feeling the same way, only taking maybe a slightly more peeved approach that a controversy was created that wasn't there.  Those Christians who weren't going to buy it now are certainly less inclined to, and more likely to protest the game.  Muslims...no idea, but I imagine it wouldn't be much different from Christian responses, depending on how Westernized that individual is.

Plus, Alpha would see right through that $#!& anyway.  He'd just say...ok, he's still in, just called Numen.  I don't care.  I'll buy it anyway.  Give me a real controversy next time, and don't waste my time...then he'd make a video about how DQ fans from the Dragon's Den deserve his ire and the ire of the gaming community for trying to stir up controversy that wasn't actually there....yeah, this just looks worse at every turn.

So anyone for some common sense solutions...like anyone with skills in video editing wanting to actually take up the mantle and charge of crafting a real commercial?  Maybe taking from my ideas as a starting point if you haven't any direction?

I can't imagine any evangelicals of any religion with a single God would be particularly thrilled about having to battle and defeat a cartoonish representation of God.

I can't imagine any evangelicals of any religion with a single God would be particularly thrilled about having to battle and defeat a cartoonish representation of God.

Trust me, the last thing we want is to rile them up. These are the same kind of people who called Pokemon satanic.

I actually haven't watched his videos in a while because of those kinds of videos. He clearly realized there was an audience for those specific videos and reached for that one. That's not an issue, I mean, it's good that he knows who watches his videos and appeals to them, but I'm not them so they're not for me.