Sign in to follow this  
cobolisdead

What kind of Marketing do you expect in the next few months?

Was it on TV by any chance?

I saw it on YouTube, it was uploaded today. Also saw the same in French, looks like they are showing it on TV in Europe.

Mondo cool. Hopefully it helps :thumbsup:

I find it funny the end of the commercial showed the game, but the bottom screen said Auster was dead while he was clearly alive on the top screen :P

What the heck is the Rippled Rapier?  I can't figure out what it could possibly be.  Maybe the Bounce Sword?

Also, interesting, Batboon as a name makes a comeback.  I wonder if they'll use Silver Batboon for the Snowbat?

Edited by ignasia7

I find it funny the end of the commercial showed the game, but the bottom screen said Auster was dead while he was clearly alive on the top screen :P

Nice catch!

I liked the King Metal Slime peeking out at the end.

Just watched the PAX panel on that page. That was kind of awesome...that's the only DQ panel I've ever seen.

I liked the part when they started showing the QuestForTheWest fanart.

I saw it on YouTube, it was uploaded today. Also saw the same in French, looks like they are showing it on TV in Europe.

The release date was labeled 16/09/2016 and the actor had an English accent, so it's a pretty fair assumption that it's a European ad. United States is the only country that does MM/DD/YYYY format.

• Upvote 1

The release date was labeled 16/09/2016 and the actor had an English accent, so it's a pretty fair assumption that it's a European ad. United States is the only country that does MM/DD/YYYY format.

That's 'Murica for ya. Always gotta be different. Sometimes I think we can't help it.

You can't imagine how much this drives me nuts.  At my job I deal with work requests that come from around the world and yeah, only Americans use MM/DD/YYYY format.  We usually don't even use it in Canada.  DD/MM/YYYY is the world wide standard and just makes logical sense.

Just add it to the list of things America feels it must do differently.

Murica!

lol. Seriously though, it is just something that we have been taught our entire lives. No reason for it really, just how it is done around here.

Squirrel...I prefer the YYYY-MM-DD format personally :)

• Upvote 1

YYYY-MM-DD is the most accurate and what I use for naming files that I want to sort by date.

MM-DD-YYYY is the second most accurate, since the only change from the above is that the year is shifted to the end. You can still have some measure of chronological sorting, by month.

DD-MM-YYYY is really confusing to Americans, because if the day is anywhere between the 1st or the 12th, then you don't actually know which format you're looking at. Also, sorting this by value is completely useless.

Frankly, I wish we could all just start using the first format, as it's the simplest and because format for the computer age. However, you can't discredit the MM-DD-YYYY format just because only one country in the world uses it.

DD-MM-YYYY is really confusing to Americans, because if the day is anywhere between the 1st or the 12th, then you don't actually know which format you're looking at. Also, sorting this by value is completely useless.

By that same token, wouldn't that also mean that MM-DD-YYYY would be really confusing to everyone else in the world that isn't in America because if the day is anywhere between the 1st or the 12th, then they don't know which format they're looking at?

Since DQ7 is getting a cool as heck 3ds theme, I can't decide if I want it digitally or physically .

Edited by Safushi
  • Upvote 1

By that same token, wouldn't that also mean that MM-DD-YYYY would be really confusing to everyone else in the world that isn't in America because if the day is anywhere between the 1st or the 12th, then they don't know which format they're looking at?
Of course. Never said it wouldn't be.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Since DQ7 is getting a cool as heck 3ds theme, I can't decide if I want it digitally or physically .

Presumably, the theme will be available later for purchase.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I'm getting a physical copy and a digital copy

I am just getting the physical copy. Amazon has it 20% off with free release day shipping. Buy it through the Den's store to support the site! #shamelessplug

• Upvote 2

I am just getting the physical copy. Amazon has it 20% off with free release day shipping. Buy it through the Den's store to support the site! #shamelessplug

I've got to remember to cancel my order and redo it through the Den!

You don't need to cancel, just hit my link up when you buy other stuff from Amazon :)

• Upvote 1

Has the GameXplain interview been posted here?

Around minute 17 the guy asks about the soundtrack, but mr. Fujimoto evades the question saying not many people will notice its not actually orchestral