Sign in to follow this  
cobolisdead

What kind of Marketing do you expect in the next few months?

I wonder if the demo will be up on the eshop at some point?

Spirit of Justice is close to release too, and there's supposed to be a demo of that. They can put one out for DQVII if they really want to

Spirit of Justice's demo is actually out now, so if you're interested, go download it.

We could start posting my "You can cast a spell" spoof commercial I made for the Arus contest ;)

may be able to try out the Dragon Quest VII demo since the nearest GameStop store is a little less than a 25 minute drive from where I live (more specifically, a little less than 29 km or 18 miles). If I can (and if anybody wants me to), I can give my initial impressions.

Yeah, please do. It's always good to get the impressions of the common player.

For all you know he could be a writer for IGN that's just really, really into Dragon Quest.

For all you know he could be a writer for IGN that's just really, really into Dragon Quest.

I wish. XD

I just realized I missed a location. I think plattym4 and I will go! I've gotten him to sit with me and play Pokemon Uranium for ten minute stretches. He might just enjoy getting out to go "fight bad guys" with me somewhere.

I'm about to head into the GameStop that is demoing it. I'm excited.

I'm about to head into the GameStop that is demoing it. I'm excited.

That was pretty cool. I was excited to go too. Plattym4 hung out in the pool with grandpa allowing me to slip out and have some more time.

Nice to see they are keeping this up, even if the "goo-ing' on was a little cheesy :D

Nice to see they are keeping this up, even if the "goo-ing' on was a little cheesy :D

Might smell bad, but nothing is as scrumptuously delicious as topping everything with a little cheese.  Ok, maybe not EVERYTHING, but just about.

The fact that Dragon Quest has gotten very punny compared to how it once was is a good thing.  Yeah, I find it a bit cheesy for my tastes but it definitely helps to get more people into the series.  My wife for example, she gave up jRPGs YEARS ago.  Dragon Quest though is enticing her, it's the atmosphere and the humour that's getting her to consider trying the series out.

• Upvote 1

I'm quite curious if Nintendo has distributed any physical promotional items in stores yet. I've been meaning to step inside a Toys R Us or Gamestop to see.

GameStop is airing an ad on their TV with factually incorrect information (that the VII remake is the first time we're seeing VII outside of Japan) and other than, there's really nothing. No products, no in-store marketing materials. I wouldn't even hate it if they sold a dumb Slime plush or something in GameStop. They have plushes and stuff, what's one more?

I would love to see some Slime plushes in store. I would definitely pick one up.

• Upvote 1

Was it on TV by any chance?