Sign in to follow this  
cobolisdead

What kind of Marketing do you expect in the next few months?

Well, according to Nintendo, you can play the demo of Dragon Quest VII at select GameStop stores on 27 August 2016 from 1-4pm (it seems like it's only applicable to the U.S. though): http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/try-out-the-latest-nintendo-3ds-games-at-gamegtop-on-8-27

Edited by Dakhil

Well, according to Nintendo, you can play the demo of Dragon Quest VII at select GameStop stores on 27 August 2016 from 1-4pm (it seems like it's only applicable to the U.S. though): http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/try-out-the-latest-nintendo-3ds-games-at-gamegtop-on-8-27

Well, damn. Going to a football game in Tampa on Friday & spending the weekend so I won't be near that Winter Garden, FL one which is one I pass daily.

Hahahaha. I can say with confidence that I'm probably not gonna drive over half an hour out to go to the only GameStop in MA on the list.

Meh, Over an hour drive for me to get to the nearest one. Oddly enough, the route I would take to get there would have me going past at least four other Gamestops.

The hell are they having the demo in Altoona for? Come on now Nintendo, just do the demo in Cedar Rapids like you always do.

The hell are they having the demo in Altoona for? Come on now Nintendo, just do the demo in Cedar Rapids like you always do.

I don't know Cedar Rapids from Altoona, but in FL you noticeably don't see any of our big cities.  A couple in outskirts, but not centrally located.  If you put one on a far western suburb of a city, that only makes it easy for half the city to get to.

I don't know Cedar Rapids from Altoona, but in FL you noticeably don't see any of our big cities.  A couple in outskirts, but not centrally located.  If you put one on a far western suburb of a city, that only makes it easy for half the city to get to.

Altoona works for me, 15-20 minute drive, might have to check it out!  If they were doing Des Moines I'm surprised they didn't pick on of the mall locations.

• Upvote 1

You'll have to enjoy the demo for me then Woodus. Altoona is nearly 2 hours from where I live. Granted, I did drive that distance to go to the state fair twice in the same week, but I don't need to make that trip just to play a demo.

You'll have to enjoy the demo for me then Woodus. Altoona is nearly 2 hours from where I live. Granted, I did drive that distance to go to the state fair twice in the same week, but I don't need to make that trip just to play a demo.

Can't wait for the Westy state fair pictures!

There's one in my area, but I'm working that day. :(

I also feel bad for the reps running these who will probably have nerds interrogate them about the existence of Federation Force.

Hahahaha. I can say with confidence that I'm probably not gonna drive over half an hour out to go to the only GameStop in MA on the list.

Yeah, but what dedication, if you did.  Road trip to DQ.

I'll be at the NYC one in Union Square this weekend.  Looks like it's actually Saturday, the 27th.

Edited by Liamland

This is both a good idea, and a bad idea.  3 hours only?

They should mock up a demo of the game, through to the end of Rexwood.  Then a second option after classes are unlocked.

Release it online.  Would probably cost them about the same amount.  GS prices to do anything in store will cost you.  Then pay them to talk about it, that's advice on the cheap, and they can get word out through to the public in every store.

Edited by ignasia7

Yeah, but what dedication, if you did.  Road trip to DQ.

I'll be at the NYC one in Union Square on Sunday.

I just realized he said over "half an hour".  Heck, I do that for work daily.  What's 30 minutes?

My drive to work was 20~50 minutes depending on traffic, 4:30am every morning.  That was fun.

Hahahaha. I can say with confidence that I'm probably not gonna drive over half an hour out to go to the only GameStop in MA on the list.

Yeah, but what dedication, if you did. Road trip to DQ.

I just realized he said over "half an hour". Heck, I do that for work daily. What's 30 minutes?

It was actually about 45 minutes from where I live, but it would likely be nearly an hour from work, which would be where I'd be leaving from on the day of. I just rounded it off to make the area I live more vague.

• Upvote 1

Hahahaha. I can say with confidence that I'm probably not gonna drive over half an hour out to go to the only GameStop in MA on the list.

I just realized he said over "half an hour". Heck, I do that for work daily. What's 30 minutes?
It was actually about 45 minutes from where I live, but it would likely be nearly an hour from work, which would be where I'd be leaving from on the day of. I just rounded it off to make the area I live more vague.
I already used your ISP to track you down a long time ago. No need to be vague.

I already used your ISP to track you down a long time ago. No need to be vague.

Well, I figured it was you outside my house tapping on the windows and chasing the deer and woodchucks around naked at night when I heard someone yell "It's not coming!" but I was trying to avoid other people finding out.

Well, according to Nintendo, you can play the demo of Dragon Quest VII at select GameStop stores on 27 August 2016 from 1-4pm (it seems like it's only applicable to the U.S. though): http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/try-out-the-latest-nintendo-3ds-games-at-gamegtop-on-8-27

I'm off this week, that's a great opportunity.

Edit: Nevermind, it is going to be here in Indy, but it's at the south US 31 location. There is a bus available to that area, but it's kind of a long trip just to try the demo.

If it were at the downtown mall, I'd definitely would have went. *Sigh*

Edited by Stepchan

Awesome, one of the three locations in my state is less than 10 miles from me and I work right around the corner from it. I know where I'll be on Saturday at 1pm.

• Upvote 1

It's an hour and a half drive for me...so no dice.  Also in one of the most gang infested areas of one of the most violent crime prone cities in the nation.  HAHAHAHA...yeah, no way I'm going.

• Upvote 1

I could go to the one in San Fran, but I just don't feel like paying 8 bucks for a round trip on the BART just to play a demo of a game I already know I'm getting.

• Upvote 1

You know, after double checking the time frame (after totaling missing it in the first place) I couldn't go anyway. I have to work that day.

Definitely going to try to go, but I'm not certain if I can or not. I am free then but you know how things change... frequently...  :goofyslime: