Sign in to follow this  
cobolisdead

What kind of Marketing do you expect in the next few months?

I'd love merch but all it ever is is half-assed Slime items. Stickers, shirts, plushes. All they need are Slime mugs and you'd think it was a YouTuber's web store. It's one of those situations where I'd rather have nothing.

Sure but its not unsual for goods to be tossed in. DQ6 launched with a small plushy slime (that I didn't get. Meh!) over here. I forget if IX launched with any extras, though.

I stand by what I said.

Having said that, the bonus would be a card with a Slime on it that reads the following:

"Thanks for being patient. We hope you enjoy the game. Hugs and kisses, Yuji Horii."

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Upvote 1

UK is getting a poster and slime sticker. We deserve the same or more! ;)

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/games-3ds/dragon-quest-vii-fragments-of-the-forgotten-past-fan-pack/11326513.html

We're getting that poster and a bunch of stickers (not only a slime) here in Spain, but its limited to a shitty retailer and there are 2.000 units for all the country.

I think the UK pack is limited to Nintendo's own store.

Edited by Awesomeinblue

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/games-3ds/dragon-quest-vii-fragments-of-the-forgotten-past-fan-pack/11326513.html

Isn't the fact we're getting the game enough?

No, when you see others getting extra things. We should get something too so that it's fair.

No, when you see others getting extra things. We should get something too so that it's fair.

It would be fair, but typically this is done to build up extra support for sales.  Meaning they feel confident with French and US sales numbers as they stand right now, and based on how they stand right now, what they're likely to be going into the future.

Another reason for the UK push is probably due to UK economic numbers rising compared to the rest of Europe, and even the US, meaning there's more room for potential sales growth due to likely extra "fun" and "throwaway" money.

Spain, I'm guessing they want to see how far they can push sales and if this might help trigger more interest.

I do expect, if these sales are higher than expected, that we'll see a very serious approach to bonuses for DQ11.  I'm fine with that.  I don't need extras for 7.  At this point I just want the game.

Edited by ignasia7

Would be nice to see some posters, but I don't visit gaming stores anymore.  The one I used to work for is now gone.  It was the most popular by far, and the highest sales in not just the district, but the region of Gamestops when I worked there.  Sad to see such a successful store fall and close down.  I haven't been back to the others either, as they fired all the good managers to reset with lower pay, then kept hiring thieves and they've replaced their people so often now I just don't bother anymore.  I don't get GS' policies when it comes to firing managers in my district who start making too much money because they actually do their jobs right.  I don't know if this is the case in other districts, but it's definitely something to do with the NW New Mexico region.

I really miss walking in and having full conversations with people I had pretty good relationships with.  It helped because I was actually able to get some stores to play DQ games and other RPG series, and from there promote it.  For that time apparently Santa Fe was classified as an RPG haven as we'd get a lot of RPG's coming in, ESPECIALLY niche Japanese RPGs.  Now, not anymore!  Bloody idiots.  Community helps create bonds, helps promote things by word of mouth and through trust and friendships, and from there to other people...spreading around.  Muck that up and watch your stores die.

I will buy it where I bought DW 7. A GameStop that used to be EBGames in the early 2000's.

• Upvote 2

^ haha nice. Amazon for me.

It would be fair, but typically this is done to build up extra support for sales.  Meaning they feel confident with French and US sales numbers as they stand right now, and based on how they stand right now, what they're likely to be going into the future.

Another reason for the UK push is probably due to UK economic numbers rising compared to the rest of Europe, and even the US, meaning there's more room for potential sales growth due to likely extra "fun" and "throwaway" money.

Spain, I'm guessing they want to see how far they can push sales and if this might help trigger more interest.

I do expect, if these sales are higher than expected, that we'll see a very serious approach to bonuses for DQ11.  I'm fine with that.  I don't need extras for 7.  At this point I just want the game.

I understand the marketing behind that but as a fan I'd like more DQ stuff. Hopefully we will get something.

But Kiefer, you'll just be handing over your belongings once you part ways with the party. You have to stay and protect the Dejan people after all.

But Kiefer, you'll just be handing over your belongings once you part ways with the party. You have to stay and protect the Dejan people after all.

I will make sure to send some stuff to every video game store. Everyone may start creating their own wish list now. :laugh:

• Upvote 1

Nintendo UK is doing the same commercials as Nintendo of America for Dragon Quest VII. I prefer Nintendo UK's commercials over Nintendo of America's commercials.

They just change the flag in the preview and the date format (mm/dd/yy -> dd/mm/yy ) at the end of the video

Edited by Awesomeinblue

The speaker also has an accent, and you know how much us DQ fans love those. :D

Edited by Fates
  • Upvote 1

They just change the flag in the preview and the date format (mm/dd/yy -> dd/mm/yy ) at the end of the video

And yet, I find it interesting that the announcer said "September 16th" instead of "the 16th of September", considering that most people in the UK say "the 16th of September" instead of "September 16th" (though I could be very wrong).

I wonder when we can expect to see some TV spots.

I wonder when we can expect to see some TV spots.

There won't be any.

They ran ads for Fire Emblem Fates and Bravely Second, so it could happen. However, I don't see any TV commercials being a possibility. An online ad maybe, but not TV.

The GameStop in my area is constantly advertising it on their T.V so that's something at least.

I highly doubt we'll be getting a full commercial but I'd love to be proven wrong. 

• Upvote 1

They ran ads for Fire Emblem Fates and Bravely Second, so it could happen. However, I don't see any TV commercials being a possibility. An online ad maybe, but not TV.

Fire Emblem got big after Awakening (for better or worse), and Bravely Second is like FF's child. That's why they got TV spots.

Fire Emblem got big after Awakening (for better or worse), and Bravely Second is like FF's child. That's why they got TV spots.

That's why I said I don't see it getting a TV commercial. It's in a different ball park than Fates and Second.

I expect they'll do a Twitter and Facebook push, maybe a few articles here and there about its release, but I'm not expecting to see much in-store advertising or anything.

It's exactly what we saw with DQH's release last year.

• Upvote 2

I expect they'll do a Twitter and Facebook push, maybe a few articles here and there about its release, but I'm not expecting to see much in-store advertising or anything.

It's exactly what we saw with DQH's release last year.

With the added bonus of Nintendo's showcasing videos, which SE should have put some effort into, as their vids...kind of meh by comparison.  Still a good try though, and they still put effort into it.

I'm actually hoping we see a new mascot, or maybe a poll with picked potential mascots that we vote on.  I would love to see an official mascot for all US releases.  That would be spendiferous.

I'm surprised they didn't keep Healix on as the mascot.

I'm surprised they didn't keep Healix on as the mascot.

Probably because Healix is affixed to DQH, and I get the impression everything is being setup for DQ11 outside Japan.  I actually get the impression DQ11 will see a near simultaneous release, maybe 3~4 months after, with a major push for it.  DQ's mainline would probably use the standard slime we see already.  I wonder if they'll do anything with a slime plushie, or a bunch of them, but I definitely suspect DQ11 is being planned out, and was the moment SE created all the DQ sites and released DQH.  All of that is for keeping interest, building slowly up to the major unveiling.

I'll make a prediction.  We'll see DQ10 on the NX, PS4, and PC by the end of 2018, maybe 2019, and all due to DQ11's success.