Sign in to follow this  
cobolisdead

What kind of Marketing do you expect in the next few months?

Well that went off the rails quickly.

It sucks that this game isn't going to get any push though.

It's what we do best around here.

• Upvote 1

We're like a train crash. Off the rails, but you just can't look away!

We don't know the meaning of keeping things on track.

We don't know the meaning of keeping things on track.

And they also have an Orange Julius... Just trying to keep the conversation going.

It sucks that this game isn't going to get any push though.

We don't really know that yet. FOr what it's worth, it got a good block of time on the E3 stream (but the damn Smash Bros Melee fans did nothing but talk $#!& about it because they wanted Melee HD). It's too early for a marketing campaign to start, we'll have to wait in September to see.

• Upvote 1

Who was it? Was it Mango, it was probably Mango.

Anyone think there's any chance they release a demo of it in the store?

Unlikely, if only because I can't imagine where in the game the demo would come from.

Also, good to see you again.

Unlikely, if only because I can't imagine where in the game the demo would come from.

Also, good to see you again.

It'll never happen.

But it's easy to imagine a scenario. Demo begins as the full party warping to a place in the past. Demo ends when you solve that towns' problem. Personally, I'd pick Loomin. Make people think they solved it in the demo when in reality there is more to do.

You want marketing for this game? Better employ some artistic talent and make some signs to cart around. We can't rely on Ninty to do this correctly.

• Upvote 1

Hey in their defense they have done marketing on their recent JRPG outings. FE Fates/Conquest and Bravely Second... I don't know if they did commercials for Tokyo Mirage Sessions, though. I don't recall seeing them.

Said it in the other thread... get ads focusing on the fact this game features art from Akira Toriyama. Put said ads on during DB Kai on Toonami. Should get some attention.

I said it before and I'll say it again.

With Nintendo running RPG advertising during Toonami, it could happen. Early this year I saw plenty of Fire Emblem Fates and Bravely Second commercials when watching Toonami.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Fates and Bravely Default were certain moneymakers. Notice how Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE didn't get the same treatment. Dragon Quest games would fall under that category.

• Upvote 1

Fates and Bravely Default were certain moneymakers. Notice how Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE didn't get the same treatment. Dragon Quest games would fall under that category.

Yet when Dragon Quest IX got some advertisement, it sold fairly well. They just need to actually learn from experience.

It seems Nintendo is gonna make a series of videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrxt4onVw7w

That seems like an interesting way for Nintendo to market Dragon Quest VII (at least in North America).

(The wait for Dragon Quest VII will be torturous.)

That's been their usual method of promotion for RPGs lately. Fire Emblem, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE among others all had a similar promotional push. I'm sure someone could tell me if Bravely Second had a similar one.

Hopefully it drums up more interest in the series, and I look forward to more videos.

Would be nice to see some posters, but I don't visit gaming stores anymore.  The one I used to work for is now gone.  It was the most popular by far, and the highest sales in not just the district, but the region of Gamestops when I worked there.  Sad to see such a successful store fall and close down.  I haven't been back to the others either, as they fired all the good managers to reset with lower pay, then kept hiring thieves and they've replaced their people so often now I just don't bother anymore.  I don't get GS' policies when it comes to firing managers in my district who start making too much money because they actually do their jobs right.  I don't know if this is the case in other districts, but it's definitely something to do with the NW New Mexico region.

I really miss walking in and having full conversations with people I had pretty good relationships with.  It helped because I was actually able to get some stores to play DQ games and other RPG series, and from there promote it.  For that time apparently Santa Fe was classified as an RPG haven as we'd get a lot of RPG's coming in, ESPECIALLY niche Japanese RPGs.  Now, not anymore!  Bloody idiots.  Community helps create bonds, helps promote things by word of mouth and through trust and friendships, and from there to other people...spreading around.  Muck that up and watch your stores die.

Edited by ignasia7
  • Upvote 1

The bigger a company gets, the more they can get away with a revolving door of employees and managers with low pay because lack of experience and skill and knowledge doesn't matter when you're big enough.

UK is getting a poster and slime sticker. We deserve the same or more! ;)

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/games-3ds/dragon-quest-vii-fragments-of-the-forgotten-past-fan-pack/11326513.html

Isn't the fact we're getting the game enough?

Sure but its not unsual for goods to be tossed in. DQ6 launched with a small plushy slime (that I didn't get. Meh!) over here. I forget if IX launched with any extras, though.