Sign in to follow this  
Plattym3

Quest #153 - Vocation Creation Fixation

Ah, my bad! I fixed up the formatting and took away the words you said to, should be good now!

Edited by gooieooie

Ah, my bad! I fixed up the formatting and took away the words you said to, should be good now!

Haha, no worries. I think I could have slipped in the words "Plattym3 = Numan" into the copy and paste area and most people would have left it there. Sometimes we all just copy & paste and don't worry!

Yeah, I guess so! :)

Also just wanna say this was a lot of fun to work on, and even though I haven't been contributing to many contest- err, quests lately, whenever I see them I always think up ideas... I just haven't seen them through lately. :P

Like the board game one? I had a ruleset, board, and box ready, but I ended up losing motivation. I hope I start contributing to some more of them, they're always good fun!

How did you make those DW7 styled sprite, did you use pixel art?

Edited by TheKingOfTheDragovians
  • Upvote 1

How did you make those DW7 styled sprite, did you use pixel art?

Yup! It's a fairly basic edit of Arus' sprite.

• Upvote 2

Yeah, I guess so! :)

Also just wanna say this was a lot of fun to work on, and even though I haven't been contributing to many contest- err, quests lately, whenever I see them I always think up ideas... I just haven't seen them through lately. :P

Like the board game one? I had a ruleset, board, and box ready, but I ended up losing motivation. I hope I start contributing to some more of them, they're always good fun!

Same, I had a great idea for the board game one, but while actually working on it, I lost the motivation and never went back to it. I thought it was a pretty good idea, but not good enough to be any good against other people's entries. If the quest ever rolls around again, maybe I will, but it was a lot of work that went no where. I am really enjoying the vocation one though, I'm working on my third entry right now, a legit one that you would think could really be in a Dragon Quest game.

Vocation Title: Druid

Description: You were born of the forest, you walk through the forest; you are the forest.

Basic Class

Spells or Abilities Learned at:

Level 1 -

Spirit Tongue

Communicating with barks, grunts, and chirps, you speak the language of any animal you are familiar with.

Shapeshift

Take the physical form of any species that you are familiar with. Stats remain as they were but abilities change as appropriate. May fail.

"I've Heard About That"

Select a target creature. Obtain information about that creature. You become familiar with that creature. Information is retained for future use.

Level 2 - 

Shedskin

If you are a shape that is not your own, take a hit for an ally. Negate that damage. Revert back to your normal form.

Level 3 - 

Surround

Envelope your enemies in a thick haze. Causes blindness.

Level 4 - 

Thing-Talker

No longer are you bound to the animal kingdom. Apply your spirit tongue, shapeshift, and "I've heard about that" abilities to inanimate nature of plants, sea, and stone, or creatures made thereof.

"Hello Flower"

Talk to your plants. They give you their seeds. You know how to care for these seeds. Grow your own herb garden.

Level 5 - 

Inhuman Strength

When in the appropriate form, your stats will be increased.

Level 6 - 

World-Talker

No language barriers hold you back. Apply your spirit tongue, shapeshift, and "I've heard about that" abilities to the world's elements--fire, water, air, and earth.

Make it Rain

Or not.

Level 7 - 

Dance of Change

Apply your knowledge to specific individuals, including men, weddie, and elf. You may take their exact form. Your abilities are suppressed.

Level 8 - 

Ultimate Chimera

Perfect your shapeshift: choose the features of up to three different shapes. Take the abilities of each feature and combine them. Your chimera functions as normal.

Spirit Animal

Evoke a spirit animal. Sacrifice a fraction of your HP to summon your spirit animal into battle . . . ç„¡é§„無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄

Character Artwork:

I drew this really fast (click to enlarge).

post-79669-0-78096300-1466790105_thumb.png

EDIT: I added levels 9 and 10.

EDIT 2: I just combined the abilities to make it all fit under 8 levels. lol.

Edited by beets
  • Upvote 1

You can click to enlarge the images?! :o

No wonder my Gambler's character art is so tiny! 

That's 2 people with artwork. C'mon Cesar.

• Upvote 1

I'm going to finish up my last two tomorrow.

That's 2 people with artwork. C'mon Cesar.

Let me check my times. I'd need to think of something nice, and then find time to draw it. I promise I will think about it. :)

• Upvote 2

Vocation Title: Mime

Description: Master of the long lost art form of Mimicry, the Mime is the cultivation of the many performance based classes. This is a class for those who walk the life of Jesters, Bards, and TeenIdols, a class on the level of Heroes, Summoners, and Godhands. Studying the spells and skills of their allies, the Mime can pull them off perfectly without any cost or resources spent. Though it takes time to master mimicry, in no time at all they will become Famed Mimics.

Advanced Class (Y or N): Yes

(if so) Previous Classes Needed to Unlock: Jester/Gadabout, Bard, Dancer, TeenIdol, and one Advanced Job (Hero, Summoner, or GodHand)

Mastery Bonus: Removes all stat penalties and replaces them all with a +25% modifier. Enables ALL performance based classes access to Mimicry skills once Mime is mastered; however, Mimicry will revert to its base power outside of the Mime class.

Level 1 - Mimicry - The basics of a Mime, you will copy the last action performed at no MP or item cost. Should the Mime act first in battle, they will wait for an ally to act then Mimic that move.

-Leer n' Lean - A good Mime knows how to fool their enemy. With this trick the Mime will "lean" on an object, making them appear relaxed in battle. This will cause the Mime to be targeted more consecutively, or you can pass this effect onto another ally. If that's the case, they'll be the ones copying you!

Level 2 - Surprise Snare - The ol' invisible rope trick, the Mime will "lasso" to capture the enemy. In addition to immobilizing the enemy, it will cause the party to strike in unison separate from their own turns. Use this on powerful end and post game foes to get the upper hand! Lastly, if the enemy is killed will ensnared, it will increase their chance of dropping any items they hold.

Level 3 - Trapped in a Box - Another classic, the Mime surrounds themself or an ally in a "box." Once inside, they will enter the Box status, which prevents all damage on that character. This also means the character cannot deal damage, but they can heal their allies. The Box status will disappear after several turns (3-5).

Level 4 - Call of the Cannibox - It's time you have those nasty treasures chests lend a hand instead of biting it off! With a sharp whistle the Mime summons a Cannibox to assist the party. The stats of the Cannibox will be based off the Mime who summoned it. However, the Cannibox may not be the only monster who can appear...

Level 5 - Monstery Mimicry - Copy the attack of a monster and send it right back at them! Rather than copying the last monster to act, you can select the target you wish to copy. Like Mimic, it will not waste any resources.

(At level 5, Mimicry will be strengthened, boosting the damage/healing output of the copied move/item)

Level 6 - Encore, Encore! - The Mime will lead a round of applause for one party member, giving them plenty of encouragement to attack one more time with whatever skill/spell they used within that turn. Think of it as a way for the Mime to let their allies get in on the miming game.

(Adds Mimic to the Call of the Cannibox ability)

Level 7 - Do Nothing - "What kind of skill is this," the disgruntled player asks aloud? Well, it's just as it says, the Mime will do nothing for several turns...that is, until they are attacked. Should a Mime be hit by ANY attack, said Mime will counter attack with a devastating surprise for throwing off their concentration. Best watch out for falling stars when a Mime loses their cool...

Level 8 - Grand Finale - The creme de la creme of the performer lifestyle, this ability puts the Mime center stage to bring together the skills of the past classes. A song and dance to Dazzle and distract the enemy, followed by a quick Hustle to restore some HP, and then leads to a colorful display of fireworks that attacks all enemies. And at the end, the Mime takes a bow. (This skill costs a hefty sum of MP but provides many benefits. It CANNOT be Mimicked in the same turn.)

(Adds Pandora's Box to the Call of the Cannibox ability)

(Mimicry reaches max potential, allows mimicked skills/items to act at full strength of the caster/user prior to the mimic)

Stat Changes:

HP: -25%

MP: -25%

STR: -25%

DEF: -25%

AGL: -25%

INT: -25%

LUCK: -25%

Artwork: http://www.woodus.com/forums/index.php?app=gallery&image=947

(Note: the -25% is removed on mastering the class. See Mastery Bonus above for changes to stats)

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Upvote 1

I just wanted to say that I love all the ideas in this Quest, both serious and funny. It's great to see so much creativity and thought put into the submissions from everyone.

Needless to say, I'm glad we went with this idea for a Quest. Here's hoping we'll have some new surprises thrown in before the end date.

• Upvote 1

Hey, still almost 3 full weeks left! Plenty of time!

I just wanted to say that I love all the ideas in this Quest, both serious and funny. It's great to see so much creativity and thought put into the submissions from everyone.

Needless to say, I'm glad we went with this idea for a Quest. Here's hoping we'll have some new surprises thrown in before the end date.

Me too. Quite possibly the most submissions/day in a long time in the Quest area.

Vocation Title:  Technologist

Description:  Master of Machinery, the Technologist specializes in manipulating mechanical menaces.  Technologists learn skills that can devastate robots and machines but are also 
adept at using high-tech solutions to support their own team.  

It's something that isn't really found in other Dragon Quest games, even though there are many mechanical enemies to be found throughout the series.

Advanced Class (Y or N):  In a manner of speaking.

Previous Classes Needed to Unlock:  This class must be specially taught by an NPC at a particular city, after which it is accessible, but no other classes are required.

Level 1 - Laserbeam -- 0 MP (one enemy:  minor damage + 50% chance of temporarily blinding target)

Level 2 - Short Circuit -- 0 MP (one enemy:  has a 60% chance of destroying one mechanical monster immediately)

Level 3 - Electrocution -- 0 MP (all enemies:  does minor lightning damage; does 1.5x damage to aquatic and robotic monsters)

Level 4 - Mechamirror -- 10 MP (one ally:  reflects the next attack, physical or magical)

Level 5 - Reprogram -- 0 MP (one enemy:  has a 75% chance of bringing one mechanical monster under your team's control for the remainder of battle)

Level 6 - Nanotechnology -- 20 MP (one ally:  simultaneously increases attack, defense, and agility by 50%)

Level 7 - Metal Slash -- 0 MP (one enemy:  performs an attack that may do 2 damage against Metal Slimes and the like)

Level 8 - Network -- 20 MP (one enemy or ally:  For the rest of the battle, when target is affected by good or bad status, buffs or debuffs, all teammates are immediately 
affected by the same state, if possible)

Stat Changes:
HP:  +20%
MP:  -30%
STR: +10%
DEF: +30%
AGL: -10%

Character Artwork:
fbfqp.png
Edited by Wonderslime
  • Upvote 4

With that artwork, we now have a Quest #153B. Assuming Wonderslime drew that, which I am.

• Upvote 1

I really should start making the artwork for my submissions. The ones for the Demon Lord will be fun.

• Upvote 1

I really should start making the artwork for my submissions. The ones for the Demon Lord will be fun.

Sometimes

Life

Affects

Current

Krazy

Events

Really a lot

Get going.

Vocation Title:  Soul Warden

Description:  A master of the great beyond.  The Soul Warden steals souls from the vessels that carry them and determines their fates, bound only loosely by the rules of the Almighty Realm.  Their spells and techniques are, quite literally, a matter of life and death.

Advanced Class:  Yes -- Wizard and Thief must both be mastered first.

Level 1 - Zombie Slash - 0 MP (One enemy:  An attack that does extra damage against the undead.)

Level 2 - Kamikazee (Sacrifice) - 1 MP (Caster gives up his/her own life in order to severely damage or outright defeat all enemies.)

Level 3 - Hork Army - 12 MP (For the remainder of battle, any defeated enemies immediately become members of the Zombie or Skeleton families and fight on the allies' behalf.)
        - Commune - (From now on, at any House of Healing, grants the option to speak with souls from beyond in order to gain additional information, etc)

Level 4 - Kathwack - 30 MP (Attempts to instantly defeat all monsters with high probability.)

Level 5 - Karmakazee (Bemartyr) - 50 MP (One ally other than the caster:  That ally dies in order to inflict the same effect as Kamikazee on all enemies.)

Level 6 - Reincarnation - 20 MP (Transfers the soul from one living creature to another.  Targets one enemy and one ally: Immediately KOs the enemy and revives one ally.  
Certain failure if all allies are already alive.)

Level 7 - Absolution - 30 MP (One ally:  For rest of battle, every time target kills a monster, target's HP is restored to maximum and all negative status is lifted.)
        - Benevolent God (From now on, after any total-party KO, the heroes revive at the last save point but now only lose 25% of their Gold)

Level 8 - Primakazee (Premartyr) - 100 MP (One ally:  The next time that ally dies, the same effect as Kamikazee immediately occurs on all enemies.)

Stat Changes:
HP:  -10%
MP:  +70%
STR: -10%
DEF: -10%
AGL: +40%

Character Artwork:
in6csp.png
  • Upvote 3

Pizza Boy is done...now for the half-wit Hero.

• Upvote 1

Vocation Title: Chef

Description: A chef's hands were made for cooking; never for combat. Take up your knife and put on your apron--the world could use a cook like you. Experiment with ingredients or prepare meals out of a recipe book. A chef always provides food for those in need. Hone your skills and serve up some eats for friend and foe alike.

Basic Class

Level 1 -

Boil Water

Every chef must start somewhere! Pour water in the pot and set it to boil. Can be used for cooking the appropriate recipes. If used in battle, may scald the opponent.

Level 2 - 

Big Fish to Fry

You have overcome your irrational fear of open flames! Nothing stands between you and the perfect dish. Heat up any situation with your new-found ability.

Recipe for Disaster

So long as you have the materials, you can prepare any dish you desire! However, you aren't quite proficient yet. May heal or cause damage to those who consume it.

Level 3 - 

Practice Makes Perfect

Hey, you're getting pretty good at this! Your food actually tastes . . . well, it is edible at least. Heals a bit of damage from all who consume it.

Level 4 - 

Enough for Two

You can feed up to two individuals in one turn (including yourself).

Roundhouse

A chef's hands must never be used for anything but cooking. Use those powerful legs of yours to deal a devastating blow to your all opponents.

Level 5 - 

Improvisation

Who needs to follow a recipe? No matter what the ingredients, you can make a meal out of them.

Level 6 - 

Ultimate Panacea

Hey! Turns out you're getting pretty good at this cooking thing. Your food is able to cure all sorts of ailments.

Level 7 - 

Alluring Aroma

Your cooking attracts all from far and wide. Monsters will approach you more often when you are preparing a meal. However, they are more likely to come hungry for food than for battle. Treat them to something nice, and they may reward you.

Fancy Feet

Attack with a barrage of kicks. Hits multiple times.

Level 8 - 

Iron Chef Alefgard

No one can best you in your trade! You can make a good meal out of anything you wish. You can bake as many benefits as you want into them, so long as you have the means. Turn even the most basic of herbs into a dish worth dying for. Choose what effects you want your next meal to have. It shall be so.

Feast of Kings

Feed as much food as you want to as many people as you want per turn.

EDIT: Fixed the font.

Edited by beets
  • Upvote 1

With that artwork, we now have a Quest #153B. Assuming Wonderslime drew that, which I am.

How is that going to work then? Will each user's art be grouped together, or will every class be a seperate vote, with each vote going to the user?

How is that going to work then? Will each user's art be grouped together, or will every class be a seperate vote, with each vote going to the user?
Each job class will be voted on by artwork. If you have artwork for 3, you have 3 entries. Depending on how many total submissions, your entries might end up versing each other. We'll see how many total entries we have in the end.

Ah, OK! That'd be weird if they versed each other :P

Also I made a few for Gambler but you can group them together for that, I'm not trying to get extra entries ;)

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this