Sign in to follow this  
Plattym3

Quest #153 - Vocation Creation Fixation

Thanks to YangustheLegendaryBandit for this idea: :thumbsup:

With a vocation-heavy game like DQVII just a few short months away, and hopefully another one on the horizon (I can only hope DQXI does it well), it's time to add to the vocations in the DQ Universe (DQU).

Here are the rules:

1) You can submit a maximum of 3 entries for this contest.

2) Feel free to team up with someone else if you think you would benefit from collaborating on this.

3) You must post your entries directly in this thread, using the form I've created below. Copy, paste, and fill in the blanks. There are required parts and optional parts.

4) If you choose to do character art and we have 3 or more users submit there own ORIGINAL art with their vocations, we will have a separate Quest and vote for the best artwork. There will be 1 artwork winner. *Thank you Cesar for the idea although I know it's not 100% what you envisioned*

5) You have until Sunday, July 17th to submit your entries for this contest.

6) You may NOT enter a vocation previously used in the DQU.

7) Spells and Skills may come from the DQU or you can make them up yourself. Find links to DQ Skills here. Fell free to add as little or as much description about each as you'd like.

8) No DQ monster classes vocation allowed! I'm setting up a monster creation topic for July, so let's keep these ideas separate.

The people who provide the top three submissions will be the winners of this contest.

(required parts)

Vocation Title:

Description: describe the vocation and the inspiration behind it

Advanced Class (Y or N):

(if so) Previous Classes Needed to Unlock:

Spells or Abilities Learned at:

Level 1 -

Level 2 -

Level 3 -

Level 4 -

Level 5 -

Level 6 -

Level 7 -

Level 8 -

(additional, optional parts)

Stat Changes:

HP: (example +20%)

MP:

STR:

DEF:

AGL:

???:

???:

Character Artwork:

Let the fun begin!

Edited by Plattym3
  • Upvote 1

My 1st entry:

(required parts)

Vocation Title: Iggy

Description: Whether it's an encyclopedic knowledge of all things DQ, an ability to solo any game, or just the ability to write it all down in non-succinct ways, this class is ready for any truly super DQ fan.

Advanced Class: Yes

Previous Classes Needed to Unlock: Sage, Warrior, Jester

Spells, Skills, or Abilities Learned at:

Level 1 - Spell: Sleep - illiterate enemies are put to sleep by a bunch of words they don't know

Level 2 - Spell: Surround - enemies are lost in a sea of words and cannot see to hit you

Level 3 - Skill: Dodge - enemy attacks miss you and hit other party members or other enemies

Level 4 - Spell: Geyser - a flood of information blows one foe away

Level 5 - Skill: QuadHits - four paragraphs hit random enemies four times

Level 6 - Spell: Fuddle - every enemy is confused by what you said

Level 7 - Skill: EvilSlash - the pen is mightier than the sword; but this sword attack damages between 95-175% your normal attack to one enemy

Level 8 - Skill: RNG - you have calculated the odds, now use them! For 4 turns all chance events benefit you

Stat Changes:

HP: +10%

MP: -25%

STR: +20%

DEF: -15%

AGL: -30%

INT: +50%

Character Artwork:

5d2d7ed2d718249cbe9abb4735811d4d.jpg[/background][/font][/color]

Edited by Plattym3
  • Upvote 4

!!!

Vocation Title: Demon Lord

Description: Why be the hero when you can be the villain?! Don the robes of an ancient demon and use their wicked power to crush all that stands in your way. Imposing speeches of your power and the weakness of your foes not required.

Advanced Class (Y or N): Yes

(if so) Previous Classes Needed to Unlock: Hero, Monster Master

Passive Bonus: Monsters less likely to target you (they'll find out soon enough it's a bad idea anyway)

Mastery Bonus: Instant Disruptive Wave if ANY buffs applied to enemy party without sacrificing your turn. Watch as your enemies try to buff themselves again and again! Mastery also nets you an extra 10% in MP and INT.

Spells or Abilities Learned:

Level 1 - BeDragon - Make like the DragonLord and release your inner dragon. Make the world burn to a golden brown.

Level 2 - Explodet - The God of Desruction, Malroth, would be pleased with your explosive personality.

Level 3 - Darklord Defense - Unless your enemy wields the Orb of Light, you'll find your defense as strong as the Darklord of Alefgard, Zoma. It will only last for 5 turns for a hefty amount of MP, so use its strength when the time is right! Note: it CANNOT be removed by other skills.

Level 4 - Evil Evolution - Use then Secrets of Evolution (like Psaro the Manslayer) and bulk yourself up with this skill. Like its level 3 brother, it has a set time limit, so lay down the smack down! Note: it CANNOT be removed by other skills.

Level 5 - Wicked Flames - Spawned from the depths of Nadiria and the wicked intents of Grandmaster Nimzo, this fire can burn any in its path, including your loved ones! This skill ignores any fire resistance.

Level 6 - Dreadful Dreams - Ever wonder how Mortamor Deathmore managed to get his victims into the Dread Realm and warped their state of being? Well now you will! This nightmare will send all your foes to sleep (very high chance) and will make them lash out in their dormant state. May cause greed and/or sorrow in its victims.

Level 7 - Numen Nuker - Orgodemir's finishing move, this archaic incantation has the strength to kill a god. At the cost of all your MP and HP (minus 1) you can unseal this spell. Puts the likes of Magic Burst to shame!

Level 8 - Vines of Torment - The final ability of the Demon Lord class and the calling card of Rhapthorne, this will send forth a wave of thorns and vines to ensnare your foes. In addition, it will cause random status ailments over a set number of turns, restoring HP and MP of its user by absorbing the strength of your foes.

Stat Changes:

HP: 30%

MP: 30%

STR: 10%

DEF: 20%

AGL: -20%

INT: 30%

LUCK: -20%

Artwork: http://www.woodus.com/forums/index.php?app=gallery&image=945

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Upvote 3

LOL, son of a $#!&@, that's the first class I was going to create!  That's a very flattering version however.  Much obliged.

Vocation Title: Platinum Mage

Description: A wily yet sophisticated mage who spends his or her time darting in between moments in time.  Mastery of the art of illusion, persuasion, and the classical joke, this quick witted individual is a class act.  Just try and catch him though, for he spends his time not only absorbed in books for study, but ample exercise running down tiny people, hiking deep into the mountains, and jogging every morning.  His experience in teaching children has given the groundwork for his superior discernment for even the most minute details of the foolhardy who would dare play pranks.  His wry skills in humour have long been tuned to the perfect refinement level to catch from the most avant garde sophisticated brood to the most innocent and nescient monsters off guard and reeling on the floor for several rounds.

Advanced Class (Y or N): Y

(if so) Previous Classes Needed to Unlock: Jester, Mage, Platinum King Slime

Passive Bonuses: Evasion +(Job Level - 2)*2, if less than 0, evasion bonus of +0

Mastery Bonus (if Advanced): All spell damage +10%, Evasion +3

Level 1 - Round Rob'bin (tells a joke to an entire group, with a half-drop rate chance for each individual to drop their item, also has a chance to inflict up to three status effects individually at 30% base chance each: Lose Turn, Confuse, Paralyze)

Level 2 - The Great Void (using science he crafts a mini hadron collider, and in the act of starting it up, forms a giant wormhole to nowhere.  30% chance to "remove from battle" with job exp, but no gold or character exp...since this is the "past" it's seen as Magic ;), after all as Tesla once stated, at a certain point science will hit a level where it will be indistinguishable from magic, costs 7MP)

- Darwin's Ghost (Devolves a creature, altering it to a new form using chemistry; effectively changes a creature of any form to something 10 levels below itself, selected randomly from the same type, costs 10MP)

Level 3 - NOTHING!  This is also the largest job point requirement of 100 battles, however, this starts the passive bonus.

Level 4 - Circlin' Jerk (tells a joke to all enemies, with a chance for each enemy to drop their item, rate of [ (Job Level*Drop Rate) / 8 ], also has a chance to inflict up to three status effects individually at 30% base chance each: Lose Turn, Confuse, Paralyze)

Level 5 - Tad' Too Soon (like the great Frogfucius dodging his tadpole's incessant questions, this teacher's skill ups Evasion of the caster by 25% for 5~9 rounds, costs 15 MP)

Level 6 - The Greater Void (using science once again, creates a great hadron collider, and in the act of starting it up, produces a full blown black hole over the entire enemy group for a short one second period of time.  The resulting damage from being nearly ripped apart, then falling back to the ground is 200~240 for all, and from Wisdom 150~999, +1~1.3 per 2 points in Wisdom, costs 55 MP)

Level 7 - Non-Sequitor (tells a funny joke that has nothing to do with anything, granting a chance to knock one enemy down for 1~3 rounds, and increasing critical hit rates for normal attacks by a flat 25% while on the ground, stacks with Fighter's critical hit chance and weapon critical hit chances)

- Apple A Day (produces a special apple from his secret garden hidden high in the mountains by magic...increases an individual party member's evasion by 10% and critical hit rate by 10% for 5~9 rounds, cures all ailments, costs 30 MP)

Level 8 - Fig's Neuton (using some as yet unknown electro-chemical process, undoes the gravitational pull of a specific spot in the universe, creating a micro big-bang that expands, then a micro big-crunch, that contracts enemies, utterly vanquishing a Group, can deal a base value of 250~300, but after 200 Wisdom, +1~1.3 points for every 3 points of Wisdom, all the way to 99.  Has a 30% chance to cause instant death, costs 62 MP)

Stat Changes:

HP: -30%

MP: +20%

STR: -10%

AGL: +40%

WIS: +25%

CHARM: +100%

Special Property: Immunity to all Joke and Dance skills

Edited by ignasia7
  • Upvote 2

This Quest might just become Legendary!

I've done a search, and it doesn't seem that my first idea exists in the games, but my apologies if I missed it.

(required parts)

Vocation Title: Dragon Warrior

Description: It takes one to beat one: use the power of dragons to fight against dragons!

(if so) Previous Classes Needed to Unlock:Dragoon, Dragon, Warrior (Yes, I know Dragoons and Dragons don't appear in the same game)

Level 1 - Dragon Bacon

Learns Heal

Level 2 - Dragon Dag

Learns Fire Breath

Level 3 - Dragon Dragger

Learns Dragon Slash

Level 4 - Dragon Rival

Learns Flame Breath

Level 5 - Dragon Slayer

Inferno

Level 6 - Dragon Conquerer

Falcon Slash

Level 7 - Dragon Nightmare

Scorch

Level 8 - Dragon Quester

Learns Drag-gone (instant death to Dragons, but no experience etc.)

I'll do the others later.

• Upvote 3

I think you're right. Good idea!

Just taking a guess: you accidentally posted in the wrong topic? The only post since your last one was mine, and 'I think you're right' doesn't match that, so...

Just taking a guess: you accidentally posted in the wrong topic? The only post since your last one was mine, and 'I think you're right' doesn't match that, so...
Platty was saying your class (Dragon Warrior) is a good idea. Since you said you don't think a class like that exists in the series, Platty was saying that you are right, or agreeing with you that an actual Dragon Warrior class does not exist already.

So it's the right topic.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Nope. Right topic. You said you didn't think there was a Dragon Warrior class.

Platty was saying your class (Dragon Warrior) is a good idea. Since you said you don't think a class like that exists in the series, Platty was saying that you are right, or agreeing with you that an actual Dragon Warrior class does not exist already.

So it's the right topic.

Snipe.

(required parts)

Vocation Title:  Infant Warrior

Description: Devolve into a cute, yet fierce baby to lure your enemies into a sense of ease before you drop the hurt on them!

Advanced Class : Yes

Previous Classes Needed to Unlock: Mother of Dragons

Passive Bonuses: Agility +(Job Level + 10)*2, Agility + 7 * (Job Level), Rattle Mace Proficiency

Mastery Bonus: Tantrum damage + 40%, Always attacks first

Level 1 -  Beguile Smile: Lures enemies into cooing over the baby and lowering their defense to 0. Doesn't affect bosses.

Level 2 -  Crying fatigue: Cries and continues to cry until all enemies are exhausted and put to sleep.

Level 3 -  Tantrum: Literally takes every inventory item and hurls it one at a time randomly hitting targets. Stops when you run out of items or enemies flee.

Level 4 -  Crawl and roll: Causes the character to immediately leave the battle and take one random enemy chasing after.

Level 5 -  Got your Nose, and face!Character grabs and enemy by the nose and critical hits them if using a rattle class weapon.

Level 6 -  Cuddle and fight: A random party member will hold the baby and fight at max tension and critical hit rate is up to 70% as long as the baby is being held.

Level 7 -  Boo Boo Kiss: Completely heals one friendly party member.

Level 8 -  Midnight feeding: Passive ability. When the character is put to sleep, that turn he cries waking up all other party members and keeps them from sleeping for five turns.

Stat Changes:

HP:  - 50%

MP: + 35%

STR:  - 70%

DEF:  + 120%

AGL: + 300%

Character Artwork: Coming Soon!

• Upvote 1

(required parts)

Vocation Title: Manure Merchant

Description: Practicing in the acquire and selling of fine quality horse manure, cowpats, road apples and slime droppings. Nemesis of the Advanced Thief Class: Turd Burglar.

(if so) Previous Classes Needed to Unlock: Merchant, Lawyer, & Politician

Level 1 - Pile driver

Level 2 - Poo Appraisal (how much is your horse manure really worth?)

Level 3 - Smell

Level 4 - Cleveland Screamer (same effect as War Cry)

Level 5 - Royal Flush

Level 6 - Captain's Log (save your game in any bathroom in the Dragon Quest series)

Level 7 - A Call to Stank (a cry out to other Manure Merchants for assistance in battle)

Level 8 - Plop Seller (distract enemies with various fecal bargains)

Stat Changes:

HP: +5

STR: -5%

DEF: -20%

AGL: -40%

Charm: -100

???:

Character Artwork:

SNOOPY_BODY_12.png

Note: Decided to go low brow for my first entry.  This idea is inspired by the fact that DQ characters commonly carry around horse manure and cowpats in their inventory and nobody in towns and castles ever react to it.  Realistically, DQ heroes would smell like manure all the time.

• Upvote 3

Oops. Sorry about that!

Damnit Rainbowkirby, no apologies for things that don't require them!  Now get to fleshing out that awesome class!

Level 2 - Poo Appraisal (how much is your horse manure really worth?)

Nice...finally a way to render those piles of manure as worthwhile.  You know, if DQ had a chemist class...

Seems like a shitty party member to bring around.

I did resist giving him the ability Shitty Ditty, a dance which makes all enemies poop themselves and lose a turn.  I figured profanity never was a part of DQ unless it was done subtly.

I did resist giving him the ability Shitty Ditty, a dance which makes all enemies poop themselves and lose a turn. I figured profanity never was a part of DQ unless it was done subtly.

He could have the Manure Maneuver

(required parts)

Vocation Title: Necromancer

Description: Why fight, when you can raise an army of the dead to do it for you?

Advanced Class (Y or N): N

(if so) Previous Classes Needed to Unlock:

Level 1 - Spirit Crusher (raise an army of various low level ghosts and spirits to fight for you for 2 rounds)

Level 2 - Skeletor (raise an army of various low level skeletal creatures to fight for you for 3 rounds)

Level 3 - White Zombie (raise an army of various Ork and other undead humanoid creatures to fight for you for 4 rounds)

Level 4 - Mums The Word (raise an army of various mummy creatures to fight for you for 5 rounds)

Level 5 - Unholy Alliance (raise an army of wight priests to fight for you until defeated.)

Level 6 - Army of Darkness (raise an army of zombie centurions to fight for you until defeated.)

Level 7 - Dark Warrior (raise an army of armored Fright Knight creatures to fight for you until defeated.)

Level 8 - Undead Cavalry (raise an army of undead horse mounted wights to fight for you until defeated.)

Stat Changes:

HP: +10

STR: -20%

DEF: -40%

AGL: +20%

Charm: +15

???:

Character Artwork:

necromancer.jpg

Notes: The character itself wouldn't be physically imposing.  He would have generally low strength and defense, but the power comes from his ability to draw forth hoards of life from darkness.  This character is generally based on the idea of a White Walker from Game of Thrones, but one who was a good guy.  There's an irony in a character who uses darkness for the purposes of good.  His backstory could be one of torment and constant struggle against the dark forces that empower him.

Edited by Liamland
  • Upvote 1

Vocation Title:Dragon headbutter
Description: A Vocation that is very effective agenst dragons and main attack is to head butt it(i have always like hand to hand combat so i thought what is more badass that a warrior headbutting a dragon
Advanced Class yes
Monk and dragoon
Level 1 -Foreheadbutt
Level 2 -backheadbutt
Level 3 -Healmet headbutt
Level 4 -nose headbutt
Level 5 -backflipheadbutt
Level 6 -knucleheadbutt
Level 7 -earheadbutt
Level 8 -jawheeadbutt

I went back and updated something on the original topic.  We'll have a separate Quest for artwork if it's your own original work.  Thus, my Gandalf wouldn't count.  Probably was obvious, but there it is.

Oh yeah.  I've just been grabbing stock artwork.  I probably don't have time to draw something worthy of the quest.

Oh yeah. I've just been grabbing stock artwork. I probably don't have time to draw something worthy of the quest.

Well, for me, it's more of a lack of talent! 😂

Entry 1

Vocation Title: Rose Knight

Description: A holy knight who fights swiftly with the elegance, yet frailty of a rose.

Previous Classes Needed to Unlock: Paladin, Warrior

Level 1 - Spell: Midheal-Restores about 80HP

Level 2 - Skill:Falcon Slash-Strike an enemy twice, both with roughly 75% power.

Level 3 - Spell-Kabuff-Raises defense for all allies

Level 4 - Spell: Multiheal- Restores about 100 HP to all allies

Level 5 - Spell: Zapple -Does about 200 HP damage to all enemies

Level 6 - Skill: Sword Dance - 4 slashes towards random enemies

Level 7 - Spell: Pearly Gates -Smite a group of foes with holy light

Level 8 - Skill: GigaSlash -A mighty slash towards a group of enemies.

Stat Changes:

HP: -10%

MP: +15%

STR: +20%

AGL: +30%

INT: +20%

Entry 2

Vocation Title: Witch

Description:A cold conjurer who mauls monsters with all manners of magical misfortunes

Previous Classes Needed to Unlock: Mage, Mariner

Level 1 - Spell: Whack-Sometimes instantly slays an enemy.

Level 2 - Spell:Kasnooze-May put all enemies to sleep.

Level 3 - Spell-Zammle-Dark attack that hits for about 65 pts of damage

Level 4 - Spell: Ping- Greatly increases the Wisdom of a single ally for 4 to 7 turns.

Level 5 - Spell: Kacrack -Hits all enemies for about 92 pts of damage

Level 6 - Spell: Thwack- Sometimes instantly slays an group of enemies

Spell; Kazam- Dark attack that hits for about 150 pts of damage

Level 7 - Skill: Disruptive Wave -Removes almost all magical effects from all enemies.t

Level 8 - Spell: Kacrackle -Hits all enemies for about 185 pts of damage

Stat Changes:

HP: -15%

MP: +20%

STR: -15%

DEF: -20%

AGL: +15%

INT: +30%

Edited by Jay the Hawkhart Ace
  • Upvote 2

​

Vocation Title: Sentinel

Description:​ Few attacks can get through this stalwart warrior's excellent defenses.

Advanced Class (Y or N): Y

(if so) Previous Classes Needed to Unlock: Warrior, Paladin

Level 1 - â€‹â€‹Defending Champion

Level 2 - Wide Guard (protects all party members for 1 turn, taking 50% less damage)

Level 3 - Shield Smash (bash an enemy with your shield, reducing their defense by 25% and possibly inflicting confusion)

Level 4 - Sentinel Rush (charge at an enemy head on. May inflict stun.)

Level 5 - Spell Guard (enemy spells do 20% less damage)

Level 6 - Taunt (baits enemies into attacking you)

Level 7 - Defensive Tactics (your mere presence on the battlefield increases your allies' defense)

Level 8 - Impregnable Wall (physical attacks and skills do no damage as long as you have full HP)  

​Stat Changes:

HP: +30%

STR: +10%

DEF: +40%

AGL: -35%

WIS: -10%

More to come soon.

​

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this