Signing in anonymously?

I know this is a feature of IP Board software, so where is the checkbox that lets you do so?

Help says it should be the same place as SF (another IP board site) but I'm not seeing it.

In addition, anonymous user count is still shown...

The default is disabled, never thought about enabling, not really sure of the benefit. The board doesn't require you to be signed in to view topics so you can browse it anonymously that way too. If people want it enabled I can enable it.

Anonymous lets you sign in without showing you in the active user list, or the who's reading this topic

• Upvote 1

Anonymous lets you sign in without showing you in the active user list, or the who's reading this topic

That's some heavy duty privacy concerns.

People don't want to be seen endlessly reading the Big Book of Breasts topic I guess.

I don't ever see the point of signing in anonymously. Just browse without being signed in. If you're going to make a post, people will know you were looking at the topic anyways. I don't think anyone sits there looking at the community index stalking certain users or anything like that. 

I don't ever see the point of signing in anonymously. Just browse without being signed in. If you're going to make a post, people will know you were looking at the topic anyways. I don't think anyone sits there looking at the community index stalking certain users or anything like that. 

Maaaybe... but I'll quit if people can just sign in anonymously