Sign in to follow this  
YangustheLegendaryBandit

E3 2016 Discussion Thread

Get the hook.

Yeah, thanks to France.  But thanks to those who signed the DQVII online petition, too.

there were 12 separate writing campaigns started by numerous people and groups.

30 minutes, very nice.  Well played Nintendo, well played.

Really? Still no release date!!!!!!!!!!

We'll get one soon.  This wasn't a good time to state a release.  I'm sure they're still thinking about when and if they'll even bother promoting it.

Ok, so they look like the job class you pick...not a fan of that knowing DW7 so well after all these years, but whatever. I hope that can be turned off. More offensive if they renamed Gabo to Ruff....Ruff? Aira is Aishe and Melvin is Sir Mervyn. I hope that's just customizable names. Also, they really need to fire whoever does the DQ localizations for the portable games; the dialogue and character naming is all awful. I never could bring myself to finish any of the re-translated DS games because of how bad the dialogue is.

They've changed way more than I'm comfortable with in this game. I'll still buy it because I'm a sucker, but this doesn't look much like DW7 anymore.

It makes me wonder if they're going to mess with DQ8 as well.

• Upvote 1

Ok, so they look like the job class you pick...not a fan of that knowing DW7 so well after all these years, but whatever. I hope that can be turned off. More offensive if they renamed Gabo to Ruff....Ruff? Aira is Aishe and Melvin is Sir Mervyn. I hope that's just customizable names. Also, they really need to fire whoever does the DQ localizations for the portable games; the dialogue and character naming is all awful. I never could bring myself to finish any of the re-translated DS games because of how bad the dialogue is.

They've changed way more than I'm comfortable with in this game. I'll still buy it because I'm a sucker, but this doesn't look much like DW7 anymore.

THey don't need to with DQ8 it already has a recent localization.       I believe you can rename the characters in game somewhere.  

They're uh....still going there huh? At least I got back in time to watch Tokyo Mirage Sessions stuff.

So, serious question. If the Tokyo Mirage game was supposed to be a SMT/FE game, why does it just look like a Persona game?

http://e3.nintendo.com/games/dragon-quest-vii-3ds/

September 16, 2016. Was hoping for Summer. ;_;

placeholder 

No, that's official.  That is the release date.

Makes sense too...plus, Safushi, it's still in summer, just at the end of it.

this means there's a good chance for an actual marketing campaign.

16th is still technically summer.

Because they announced it as a crossover in like 2012 or 2013 and didn't reveal anything else about it until like 2015 or so. Clearly, they changed course when they decided what they wanted to do. SMT wouldn't work at all with an Idol/j-pop aesthetic.

Also, a day before my birthday, it's later than I thought it'd be but what a perfect birthday present to myself.

OMG man.  DQ7's changes were Horii approved and decided.  It gives the game a whole new feel.  You're asking for a direct port, not an actual remake.  As for the translations, it is what it is.  DQ8's is already official and current, so no point in changing anything.  DQ7 isn't, since it was pre-merger.

My God man.  Do you have a stick up your ass or what.  You should be happy we're actually getting this game.  What did you expect?  They're not changing the story, or cannon, or anything like that.  All of those elements stay, and you can feel free to rename Gabo as Gabo.  Plus Maribel and Kiefer remain the same.  Such an innocuous downer.  You should be expecting these name and title changes.  It's a localization process now, not a direct transliteration as in the past DQ's (literally, DW7 was pretty bloody literal).  Just get used to it, there's no point in complaining.

Now if things were censored or outright removed.  Fine, feel free to complain as that's a valid and worthy thing to complain about.  If they altered the nature of the text to change character dynamics/personality.  Fine, that's another valid complaint.  Yours isn't.  It's childish and pedantic.  Take a bloody chill pill and grow the bloody hell up.

• Upvote 3

The main character is 17?  He looks more like 13.

He was 16 in the PlayStation version. Kiefer was 17.

Yeah, thanks to France.  But thanks to those who signed the DQVII online petition, too.

there were 12 separate writing campaigns started by numerous people and groups.

The way it was worded, it sounded like only the French fans wrote letters, but it could have been lost in translation.

Edited by Liamland
  • Upvote 1

Now we just need to confirm EU's release date and wait for it to release.

http://e3.nintendo.com/games/dragon-quest-vii-3ds/

September 16, 2016. Was hoping for Summer. ;_;

That isn't summer, that is fall. That is less than a month before DQ Builders in fact. I seriously hope that isn't the date.

DUnno about other countries, but in Mexico, Fall starts around the 20th of September.

I'm just happy they actually spent some time with it. It looks good! I always hope for some nifty special edition, but 3DS games don't get those too often. 

• Upvote 1

I'm just happy they actually spent some time with it. It looks good! I always hope for some nifty special edition, but 3DS games don't get those too often. 

Has a Dragon Quest game (save DQ Heroes) ever gotten a Special edition like that?