So I'm thinking of picking up some more PSP games since so many of them are really cheap (new or used) on Amazon.

I don't have many as of now, but I'm open to suggestions and recommendations.

Here's what I have:

Persona 1

Persona 2: Innocent Sin

Final Fantasy 1

Final Fantasy 2

Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection

And for good measure, here are games I'm going to get:

Final Fantasy III (Japanese import in order to have a physical copy)

Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions

Patapon and Rocoloco Dual Pack

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

I would suggest Duodecim Dissidia Final Fantasy, 3rd Birthday, Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, and maybe Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles.

Edited by PrimeSlime26

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together,

Jeanne D'Arc,

GTA: Liberty City Stories,

GTA: Vice City Stories,

Lumines II,

Megaman Powered Up,

Valkyria Chronicles II,

Patapon 3,

Star Ocean: Second Evolution (best version, bug fixes, but retweaks some story scenarios, and removes some broken but fun elements from the PSX version),

Star Ocean: First Contact (actual remake, SO2 style),

Wild ARMS XF,

Lunar: Silver Star Harmony (only if you haven't played Silver Star Story on the PSX, and if you don't care much for it...though Harmony does do a little rebalancing, and it looks pretty damn gorgeous and is smoother/faster than the PSX version),

Half-Minute Hero,

Ys 1+2 Chronicles (my favourite version),

Ys Oath in Felghana (my favourite version...since you can carry over your stuff from previous saves, AND there's a new special Inferno difficulty...psp only),

Ys Seven (if you don't get this, you should be shot...kidding, kidding, but you cannot be a Ys fan and not have played this),

Ys 6 (avoid this if you really like the PS2 version, as that is by far the superior version),

Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth,

Riviera: The Promised Land (by far the best version),

Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky,

Let's see, those are of the games I've played or own that doesn't conflict/overlap with the above list...which I'd have placed here otherwise, as I recommend each one.  PSP was a good system... a VERY good system.  There are a lot of really good...really really really good games I haven't even gotten to yet, or played, but I know by reputation from friends.

Edited by ignasia7

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

If you like Strategy RPGs, check Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness. It's... silly

Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles for sure. I got a PSP just for that game and Darkstalkers Chronicle The Chaos Tower. Dragonball Z Tenkaichi Tag Team was pretty fun too... if you're into that kind of thing.

• 4 months later...

If you like Persona, go for Persona 3 Portable!  The female route has completely different social links, so it's a fresh look at the game even if you're a guy (and, yes, I know Minako isn't canon, but I will pretend she is until my dying breath).

• 2 months later...

Sorry for the necromancy but I wanted to second the star ocean 1/2 remakes, and the Jeanne D'arc/Disgaea recommendations. I also wanted to add that you can pick up Vagrant Story for like $5 on the PSN. Not all that many people are aware of it but I feel it's probably the best game Square ever made and I think it's one of only four games ever to get a perfect score from Famitsu. It's drop everything and run out and play it good.