Sign in to follow this  
FionordeQuester

DQ6 StrategyWiki Walkthrough: Finished up to Mortamor's Dreadlair

Hello everyone!  I'm creating a strategy guide on Strategy Wiki, using maps from this website and everything (with Woodus's permission).  So far, I've completed everything from the beginning of the game to after Gardsbane, and I was just wondering if some of you would like to take a look at it, and see if it seems good so far!

http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Dragon_Quest_VI:_Realms_of_Revelation/Table_of_Contents

So if I tend to be too wordy, please let me know.  If I tend to overload you with too much information at once, please let me know.  If my slightly conversational writing style is intrusive, please let me know.  And if there's ANYTHING else that's getting in the way, please let me know!  Thank you so much, and God bless you all!

Edited by FionordeQuester
  • Upvote 1

Sure, I'll give it a look see when I have some time later.

Alright guys, I've now completed the Underkeep!  Next stop is the town of Ghent!  At this point, I do wonder how well written the text is: Did I do a good job of being informative without overloading the player, or am I spitting too much at them at once?  And are the pages organized in a neat way?  These are the sorts of questions I am wondering about.

• Upvote 1

Out of curiosity, the Hermit Pixie's cast Swoosh: Do these do 25-55 Damage like the PC spell, or is it another weakened version?  Like how Babygoyle's will only do 10-22 Damage with Sizz rather than the full amount?

EDIT: Nevermind, Ignasia's Guide already answered that.  I forgot that Gilder's Book forgets to mention those little distinctions.

• Upvote 1

Whew, made a LOT of progress since last update; I'm all the way up to Howcastle now!  You guys let me know what you think about the Vocation recommendations and all that, alright?  Thank you so much!

• Upvote 1

Whew, that last update was a lot of work...just look at the original map for Felonia...

http://www.woodus.com/den/gallery/graphics/dq6snes/maps_town/grandino.png

And then look at all that I had to do with it to make THIS...

http://cdn.wikimg.net/strategywiki/images/7/78/DQ6_Felonia.png

That was not a quick job I'll tell ya what.  The original map was really huge, so I felt the need to cut it down a bit, in addition to adding in markers for all that 

• Upvote 2

That is a huge image. Looks good!

Indeed; and the Woodus map on this site was even larger.   The thing was 2026x2430 before I finally cut it down to 1944x1655!

• Upvote 2

Well guys, I've been doing a LOT of updating since the last reply.  I'm all the way up to Greedmore Valley now!  Go ahead and check it out when you have the chance!

• Upvote 2