Sign in to follow this  
ChucklesProduction

Calling it: E3 2016 will have the most DQ announcements for English

________

Edited by ChucklesProduction

Oh, come on now. You're just asking for it.

DQX

074f08cb6cc5d28d2d099496e8a94097.jpg

Joker 3

17cc795648ac905ffd6ebd3d33db302f.jpg

Rhythm DQ game

1151b496802a591dc31eaae4564151e5.jpg

As for DQH2, I'm guessing maybe eventually, but not this year.

And DQXI? Heck, maybe 2018.

Edited by Plattym3

DQ X isn't happening.

Joker 3 and Theatrhythm have a decent chance of an English release, but still low overall.

Heroes 2 is very likely, if not at E3 than sometime before the end of the year it will get an English release announcement.

It's too soon to announce DQXI for an English release unlease Sqeenix are willing to build hype and interest for the game for a year and a half leading to an English release.

Try to keep your expectations in check when it comes to Square Enix and E3 being in the same sentence/thought, because you know, this is Square Enix we're talking about.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

I remember when I had hope...

I don't even think 7 and 8 will be there. Nintendo isn't doing anything for E3 besides pimping Zelda and that's the only game available on the show floor.

________

Edited by ChucklesProduction
  • Upvote 1

Literally just went to correct my post because I was listening to a podcast where the hosts were literally listing games appearing for Nintendo and they stated VII. No mention of VIII though.

DQ X - PC/PS4

I'll hold out hope for a tad longer, like I did when nearly everyone else had lost hope for VII. I feel like it might have a chance if these upcoming releases see success.

...I'm ever the optimist. ;)

Dragon Quest X can wait for a VERY long time if it has to, given it is an MMO, and keeps expanding to new consoles.  I suspect we'd see a release announcement if one of two conditions are met:

1) Dragon Quest VII sells an incredible amount of copies.  Above 600,000 in just the US alone.  With it, DQ VIII sells more than 300k copies in the US alone.

2) Dragon Quest XI sells over over 750,000 copies.

DQ Heroes 2?  Maybe, but while I think the announcement is imminent, I do not believe they'll announce it yet.  Maybe after DQVII is released, like immediately after.

Theatrhythm?  Maybe, but I see this as unlikely.  I suspect DQVII and VIII sales will determine this announcement.

DQ XI?  No.  I see this as a definite release announcement, but not until next year, and probably not until after DQH2 is released, which I suspect we'll see early next year, around February.

Joker 3?  Most likely announcement.  I don't doubt this will see a release.  Though I have to wonder if they might not wait until after DQVII's release, but I do this as a strong possibility for an e3 announcement of all the games on the list.  If only due to the time gap since release, and that the other two Jokers have seen a release.  Though I see this as most likely a Nintendo special announcement, not by SE.

DQ X isn't happening.

Joker 3 and Theatrhythm have a decent chance of an English release, but still low overall.

Heroes 2 is very likely, if not at E3 than sometime before the end of the year it will get an English release announcement.

It's too soon to announce DQXI for an English release unlease Sqeenix are willing to build hype and interest for the game for a year and a half leading to an English release.

This is about my feelings too.

Square Enix conference will be focused on upcoming projects from American companies under their umbrella. Eidos will probably talk more about Hitman, we'll see something from the Tomb Raider developers, and they'll push a bunch of western focused games. There will be little RPG presence outside the FFXII news and possible FF7 updates, Neir might get another mention. Maybe even a release date for that Project Setsuna or whatever it is.

Sony announced Builders officially so anything about it will be in their conference, and DQ7 will be covered by Nintendo at the Treehouse stream (with a possible release date at this point)

Don't count your chickens. DQ is getting three releases this year, but they won't market them as well as the push for FF12/7 remakes. You can bet for sure.

I wouldn't be surprised if they announce a new expansion for FFXIV. It's been about long enough that it's time for new content.

Maybe Heroes 2 or Joker 3 can get announced there but i don't really expect it. I just expect definitive dates for VII and Builders (if World of FF can get a date, so can Builders... both are from SE and will get released in October, but only one has a set date...).

- Joker 3, if it has to be brought by Nintendo, it won't happen. I cannot imagine Nintendo bringing three games of the same genre to compete with each other (Pokémon Sun/Moon, Yokai Watch 2 and Joker 3 in less than a year and from the same distributor? Not happening.) If SE decided to bring it themselves, i could see it.

- Theatrhythm still have chances but they aren't too good.

- X maybe on PS4, but highly unlikely.

- XI will come eventually, at least on PS4. Same for Heroes 2.

Edited by Awesomeinblue

We can already guarantee the presence of DQ VII and DQ Builders (and possibly DQ VIII), but I'm betting on it now... these will be announced/teased at E3 2016 in English

DQ Heroes II - PS4/PC, and Vita (Digital)

DQ X - PC/PS4

DQ XI - PS4/3DS

DQ Joker 3 - 3DS

Theatrhythm DQ - 3DS

DQ Heroes 2: I would love to see an announcement for this game. I think that it is the most likely since we have Builders already on the way this October. That still has me almost giddy just thinking about it.

DQX: While I would love to see it come to the PS4 or PC in the US, I doubt it will ever come out here. MMOs just don't do that well here anymore.

DQXI: Didn't we already know that this was coming out in the US?

DQ Joker 3: It would be neat but we still have two other DQ games coming out on the 3DS first.

Theatrhythm DQ: Again, we have two other games coming out first on the 3DS, so who knows if these will ever come out. I would love to see them though.

DQXI was unofficially announced by an SE employee, in a cryptic way that says, "Yes, this is not official, but yes, you will get this game."

if World of FF can get a date, so can Builders... both are from SE and will get released in October,

I just realized this yesterday or the day before, when I watched a WoFF trailer. My poor wallet will feel it. :(

DQXI was unofficially announced by an SE employee, in a cryptic way that says, "Yes, this is not official, but yes, you will get this game."

So I wonder if Square will publish it, or will Sony foot the bill on this like Nintendo did for 7 & 8? Builders was confirmed by Sony, (maybe first before Square?) Either way, I wonder if we are getting these games more due to these companies wanting them over here more than the willingness of Square to publish them over here themselves. Square hasn't published a Dragon Quest game in the west since DQ5 DS, I believe.

So I wonder if Square will publish it, or will Sony foot the bill on this like Nintendo did for 7 & 8? Builders was confirmed by Sony, (maybe first before Square?) Either way, I wonder if we are getting these games more due to these companies wanting them over here more than the willingness of Square to publish them over here themselves. Square hasn't published a Dragon Quest game in the west since DQ5 DS, I believe.

We'll get both versions for sure.  So either SE publishes it themselves, or both Sony and Nintendo opt to compete to promote the release on their system, while SE handles the translation.  I wouldn't be surprised if this would happen, just so one or the other can say DQ sold best on their system in the US, and they were the responsible party for assuring DQ's revitalization from niche to popular.

So... Was just the Deus Ex stuff the whole "Square Enix 2016 E3 conference"?  It kind of wouldn't surprise me, since basically everything they've shown last year either came out recently, or is yet to come out in North America.  That plus they are pretty big projects (I'd be quite surprised if they were working on all these new games then came to this E3 with like 5 big new announcments), and games like FFXV are already having their events.  And we know KH III won't be this year either.  Plus Nintendo would be localizing the 3DS DQs, so they'll show it off (well VII at treehouse, and more probably on directs and stuff later).  Plus we'll get to see some of their games at the sony conference anyway.

Can anyone confirm though, that just the Deus Ex stuff they've shown was the supposed Square Enix press conference of this year's E3?   

No, SE will DEFINITELY spend time on both FFXV (that will be their main event and attraction...especially given they pushed back to September 30, and are sticking with that date...so far).  It's a worldwide release, and the first for the company, so that will DEFINITELY be shown and showcased at e3, if not take up the majority of playable demo stations, majority screen time, and majority share of discussion points.  Just watch.

FF7r I fully expect to see at e3 as well.  All new stuff to salivate over, and new revealed info.

I believe SE published all the mobile titles.

I stand corrected. I always forget about those titles.

Well, here is the E3 lineup for Square Enix.

One hour for Builders across three days.

Five hours for FFXV.

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2016/06/square-enix-presents-e3-2016-live-stream-schedule-revealed/

1 hour is better than the 5 seconds of DQ Heroes gameplay that showed up in their montage video last year.

• Upvote 4

They also published Heroes.  Just behind the scenes word is that Sony paid for it.

Five hours for FFXV.

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2016/06/square-enix-presents-e3-2016-live-stream-schedule-revealed/

1 hour is better than the 5 seconds of DQ Heroes gameplay that showed up in their montage video last year.

Yes it is.  I told ya, this will be their main final major public, non-SE only fan pitch for FF15.  I almost wonder if the postponement was just for this purpose.  They really need it to sell.  This will be THE single most expensive game they've ever developed.  I wonder if we'll never know the full cost.

Edited by ignasia7

They also published Heroes. Just behind the scenes word is that Sony paid for it.

Five hours for FFXV.

Yes it is. I told ya, this will be their main final major public, non-SE only fan pitch for FF15. I almost wonder if the postponement was just for this purpose. They really need it to sell. This will be THE single most expensive game they've ever developed. I wonder if we'll never know the full cost.

It was stated that they needed to sell 10 million copies to recoup the losses. That may not be the actual cost but it paints a good picture.

• Upvote 1