Sign in to follow this  
DranzerX13

Dai no Daibouken getting special treatment for 30th anniversary

I know this is from last month, but...

http://www.shonenjump.com/p/sp/1605/dq_dai/

Also, Toei took down every single ddl link (that I've looked through on the internet for Dai no Daibouken episodes. The Catalan-Japanese dual audio episodes which have been up for years has been taken down. All the Arabic episodes have been taken down, which those have been up since like 2011. I think this is a sign they're planning for streaming the series/make DVDs soon.

• Upvote 3

It doesn't matter.  This is the first I've heard of it.  It's not like we all know Japanese and keep up with Shonen Jump.  Thanks for the update!  I helped fund a group that subtitled the first 3 or 4 eps for this show.  Unfortunately the  group broke up and didn't get it finished.  I still have the VHS tapes of what they did.  That's right, VHS baby.  It was that long ago. 

Edited by Pendy

Whenever I play the DQ Heroes games I end up thinking how now is a great time for a Dai game.

In a traditional RPG, it would hurt that we already know the story, but in Heroes it would be okay, I think. We would be getting a larger and larger party as we advanced, we'd get the classic classes and even some class changes along the way. We'd get the high tension perhaps introduced when Pop goes against Crocodine, just like in the manga/anime. We'd have clearly defined continents/kingdoms with their own defining looks. We'd get alternate shirtless models for Pop and Hyunckel. (What? Am I the only one who wants those?)

I would love to play that game over and over. :)

It doesn't matter.  This is the first I've heard of it.  It's not we all know Japanese and keep up with Shonen Jump.  Thanks for the update!  I helped fund a group that subtitled the first 3 or 4 eps for this show.  Unfortunately the  group broke up and didn't get it finished.  I still have the VHS tapes of what they did.  That's right, VHS baby.  It was that long ago. 

Made me think of this image I saw this week.

IMG_7047.JPG

• Upvote 1