Sign in to follow this  
Tiael

To be shown at E3

Man, even Target is trolling us D:

It means people are talking about it...bring on the trolling, I'm liking this attention.

That said, I'll repost this here for anyone who doesn't have a New 3DS, or a 3DS at all, they recently reduced the price to 174.99.

• Upvote 2

Ok, so some interesting tidbits.  According to bh7182, his inside track follows alongside other insiders, that the plan was always a mid-June DQ7 release.  That they just want the game released asap as a dedication to fans for thanking us for our dedication to DQ as a series.

So, if this is the case, then Target is just putting the displays up a little early (though not all targets are seeing displays, a number of them are)...though it is a little interesting to note pre-orders are still active for physical copies, when they're typically taken down one to two weeks prior to release.

This is intriguing if it's really the case, as it means they do not care at all about actual sales numbers for DQ7 (it also means DQ8 3DS likely doesn't matter in light of the future of the series...).  This game will have no impact on any future release as I thought it might.  Rather they're using new releases to determine the future of the series, and are taking it slow and steady this time.  Good, I'm glad if that's true.  That means they really are taking this from a realistic perspective...that said, I really think they could sell this game to reasonably high numbers.  Hopefully actual sales actually become substantially higher than expectations, just to make a point.

The post:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/688276-dragon-quest-vii-fragments-of-the-forgotten-past/73875412/854137606

Here's the silver lining in all this...what game do you think will then have an actual impact on future releases?  Clearly, for me anyhow, it would be DQ11.  This is suggestive that DQ11 is a definite release, and I imagine all versions are planned.

Edited by ignasia7
  • Upvote 1

If they don't care about sales for 7 and 8, I wonder what that means for any other 3ds releases, like Joker 3.  It's great to do something for the fans that asked for it, but I was hoping for a more general push for these games to break through to new fans. 

If they don't care about sales for 7 and 8, I wonder what that means for any other 3ds releases, like Joker 3.  It's great to do something for the fans that asked for it, but I was hoping for a more general push for these games to break through to new fans. 

I agree, I thought it might, and it SHOULD, since it really does have some ability to garner interest, if only because of the fan campaign.  They could even just commercialize it as "the game DQ fans demanded enmasse, nonstop, with increased fervor, over the course of 3 straight years...3, straight years!"  "C'mon folks, you KNOW YOU WANT A PIECE O' THIS!"

Maybe I might be surprised and they do a few youtube vids.  That would be nice.

Edited by ignasia7

And then a few more hours and more hours and more hours... please stream VII already!

There is no DQVII, only Zuul.

Just a few more hours until we get some new info on this game!

Yep, just a few more hours.

They are showing it now!!

What the $#!& is going on with the DQ7 characters? They all look like new people except Gabo.

Ok, so they look like the job class you pick...not a fan of that knowing DW7 so well, but whatever. I hope that can be turned off. More offensive if they renamed Gabo to $#!&ing Ruff....Ruff? Aira is Aishe and Melvin is Sir Mervyn. I hope that's just customizable names. Also, they really need to fire whoever does the DQ localizations for the portable games; the dialogue and character naming is all awful. I never could bring myself to finish any of the re-translated DS games because of how bad it is.

They've changed way more than I'm comfortable with in this game. I'll still buy it because I'm a sucker, but this doesn't look like DW7 anymore.

It makes me wonder if they're going to $#!& with DQ8 as well.

Edited by ENIX

Release date????

What the $#!& is going on with the DQ7 characters? They all look like new people except Gabo.

Ok, so they look like the job class you pick...not a fan of that knowing DW7 so well, but whatever. I hope that can be turned off. More offensive if they renamed Gabo to $#!&ing Ruff....Ruff? Aira is Aishe and Melvin is Sir Mervyn. I hope that's just customizable names. Also, they really need to fire whoever does the DQ localizations for the portable games; the dialogue and character naming is all awful. I never could bring myself to finish any of the re-translated DS games because of how bad it is.

They've changed way more than I'm comfortable with in this game. I'll still buy it because I'm a sucker, but this doesn't look like DW7 anymore.

You're entitled to your opinion.  I don't agree at all.

I don't mind. The Dragon Man's modern name is Mandrake Mercenary and another modern name for a DQ7 monster is Mastermine. So I'm totally looking forward to this game and seeing what other Orgodemir minions get modern name changes. The more the merrier! :)

Being fairly new to the series, I'm just excited to be able to play the game. It looks like a lot of fun to me. I'll be out of the country when this is finally released here State side so I'll have to get it shipped to me, that's my only issue with it lol.

September 16th? Works for me!

Quite literally the last Friday in Summer.

Tell us how you really feel.

I heard they gave Jessica a breast reduction.

I am really happy with this release date because if were to be a stealth that would have been financially inconvenient,July would have been an excellent birthday present,August would have been bad timing since I am getting Deus Ex Mankind Divided.So September 16th is actually really good plus it gives me time to finish my replay of V and VI.Currently doing V about to do Abovitall Tower,slighty over leveled but not really by choice more a side effect of how many fights it took me to get slime knights and train them up to snuff.I wonder if we will find out about a strategy guide soon now that we have a release date,since I like to pre orders those along with the game.

Slighty Off Topic Bit

October is gonna be a real mess.Though choosing games for Christmas this year should be easy.In my house we try to do at most 1 $60 dollar game a month for me or my little brother though the other one can usually get something the cheaper that month as well and October is kind of jam packed for me its Dragon Quest Builder,and Skyrim Special Edition and then Dishonored 2 early November.For my little brother its WWE 2K17 since he loves those games and get every yearly installment.

I heard they gave Jessica a breast reduction.

I bet he'll really flip his $#!& if that happened.

It'll allow me some time to prepare. I do already have it paid for in full(since the end of January, this will literally be the longest I've ever had something pre-ordered), but I'll want to afford the guide as well.

It'll allow me some time to prepare. I do already have it paid for in full(since the end of January, this will literally be the longest I've ever had something pre-ordered), but I'll want to afford the guide as well.
True. I have owned probably 25 strategy guides in my time, but stopped a couple years ago. I do intend to get it for 7.

I hope I can finish both Bravely Defaults by then.

Edited by Plattym3

True. I have owned probably 25 strategy guides in my time, but stopped a couple years ago. I do intend to get it for 7.

I hope I can finish both Bravely Defaults by then.

I'm currently working on Pokemon White 2 myself(late in the main story).