• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://kotaku.com/nintendo-changes-e3-plans-will-show-more-than-zelda-1780083053   Day 2 of Nintendo Treehouse: Live at E3 will showcase upcoming releases for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, including Monst

Not so excited for 8. Played it 80 hours on mobile recently. Now 7 & Builders!? Shut up and let me play for a couple days before I crawl into daylight!

Of course Platty doesn't want to replay the game. He's a one and done gamer, but it's a miracle he managed multiple playthroughs of any game regardless of Dragon Quest being slapped on the title.

I feel like I should be excited, but i can't bring myself to be. Actually for a long time now I haven't felt very excited for much of anything DQ related.

Perhaps when I have 7 3DS in my hands (in English) I'll feel differently and I'll feel that same anticipation for a new DQ experience I once had.

But to not be too much of a Buzz Killington, here's hoping we'll hear about the English release tomorrow.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=196320569

If this is all true, I will be a very happy camper. 

If this is some kind of ruse... geez, way to kick a fanbase when it's down...

But to not be too much of a Buzz Killington, here's hoping we'll hear about the English release tomorrow.

Tomorrow is Zelda, DQVII is being shown on Wendesday.

If it was for a Friday release, Amazon would be shipping on Wendesday, which would line up with a (potential) announcement. Still strange that they would stop taking pre-orders. Maybe a Target timed exclusive?

Edited by Excitemike

If it were to be stealth released this week, I'll have two games I'll be playing(since I'm currently doing a Pokemon White 2 play-through), although that's not a complaint persay. Things will just get more cramped free-time wise.

It's hard to ignore multiple stores putting those placeholders up, but I have a very hard time believing that Squeenix & Nintendo planned this stealth release. It's so hard to imagine them caring enough about a DQ game to do this. I mean, imagine the planning and deals with all those retailers to not let this slip early. It seems like far more planning and thought than I can ever imagine those companies putting in to this franchise. I don't follow the gaming industry at all, so I'm sincerely interested in this answer: What other games have been released in stealth mode like this before?

It's hard to ignore multiple stores putting those placeholders up, but I have a very hard time believing that Squeenix & Nintendo planned this stealth release. It's so hard to imagine them caring enough about a DQ game to do this. I mean, imagine the planning and deals with all those retailers to not let this slip early. It seems like far more planning and thought than I can ever imagine those companies putting in to this franchise. I don't follow the gaming industry at all, so I'm sincerely interested in this answer: What other games have been released in stealth mode like this before?

It could really just be a slip-up by Target. But I think the disappearance of the physical game from Amazon (while not cancelling existing pre-orders) is significant. If this is not a mistake, it could mean a timed physical exclusive to Target. This would be a great way to get fans excited for the game without spending a ton on advertising. Stores pay publishers to have timed exclusive, and the franchise isn't popular enough to cause a rift with other retailers over.

I feel awful getting DQ fans hopes up! No matter what, we will have some gameplay and some kind of release date on Wendesday, and that is something to look forward to.   

I feel awful getting DQ fans hopes up! No matter what, we will have some gameplay and some kind of release date on Wendesday, and that is something to look forward to.

We're big kids. We can handle it. Speculate away, as your theory isn't one I've heard before.

Um...there's a few problems with this theory.

1) We've been able to order physical copies from Gamestop and Best Buy as well, and last I checked (last night), it was still available for pre-order.

2) No one has checked Best Buy, which also puts up stock signs early, sometimes a week prior to release.

• Upvote 1

Don't get too excited for DQVII this week, my brother works at target and told me while they also have those spots for the game, they also had them for Mighty No. 9 months ago, and that's still a week out for release, so this really doesn't mean DQVII is coming this week. The street date he says has DQVII for Halloween.

• Upvote 1

Don't get too excited for DQVII this week, my brother works at target and told me while they also have those spots for the game, they also had them for Mighty No. 9 months ago, and that's still a week out for release, so this really doesn't mean DQVII is coming this week. The street date he says has DQVII for Halloween.

That coincides with their pre-order release date.

Halloween would be a Monday though. Nintendo, at least to my knowledge, releases games almost always on Fridays, at the very least their exclusive games.

Mighty No. 9 was supposed to be out months ago, though :P

So what happens when the tag is out so early? Does the spot just stay empty?

I just don't see it being in October, it'll release by September at the latest.

I just see that date being a placeholder.

An end of a month is typically a place holder, though being placed at the end of a quarter instead of in the middle of Q4 would give more weight to that theory.

Are you sure DQ Builders isn't the game with the Halloween placeholder?

Could be since they said an October release.

But game companies say a lot of things, so it's hard to trust them.

My brother said DQVII, not builders, but now that I think about it, I kinda doubt VII & Builders would be both out in October, we'll just have to wait until tomorrow when they show DQVII on the Nintendo Treehouse.

Damn, I still need to pre-order my copy, if it comes out Friday I won't have a chance because I'll be out of town until Friday.