So today marks exactly thirty years since the very first Dragon Quest released in Japan and shook up the gaming world. I have to say, it has one hell of a legacy. Not many franchises can say they're that old. DQ has basically become a part of Japanese culture and the entire JRPG genre is based on this one game. That is pretty crazy to me. Hopefully we really see a return to greatness in XI.

• Upvote 2

Happy happy anniversary from everyone at...um...uh....oh right, Dragon's den!  Happy happy anniversary from everyone at B...Dragon's Den!

https://secure.hulu.com/embed.html?eid=G0JZB_41ySV6rGbI8USoQw&partner=southpark&sourceUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fsouthpark.cc.com%2Fclips%2F153191%2Fthinking-of-bennigans&embed_age_gate_intro=false

Here's their official release video though, in preparation for the Anniversary (wonder when they release a video for the celebration?):

Yeah, it's pretty crazy though.  A lot of great years, and such a fantastic series that continues to produce quality titles.  It's amazing how far Dragon Quest has come, and that the same trio are still going at it. Edited by ignasia7
  • Upvote 2

Love the transitionals of the logos and the background videos :thumbsup:

• Upvote 1

Love the transitionals of the logos and the background videos :thumbsup:

Yep, that was pretty fluid.  I'd love to see similar graphics work, but they certainly have their $#!& together.

• Upvote 1

Would be cool to see them do that with the English versions, but as Platty would say "it's not coming" ;)

• Upvote 1

Congrats DQ!
I'm older than you, nyah nyah.

That said, you've been my favorite series since I played Dragon Warrior at 6 years old.

Thanks for growing old with me.

Happy 30th anniversary Dragon Quest! I hope they will continue to have many more successful years. I see that they are finally starting to open up again in the west in the last year or so also, so that's always good news.

• Upvote 1

Happy 30th anniversary Dragon Quest! I hope they will continue to have many more successful years. I see that they are finally starting to open up again in the west in the last year or so also, so that's always good news.

I guess between all the mobile releases and DQHTWTWATBB we've already had a few good years.
  • Upvote 1

That's very true! Although I recently purchased the Android version of Dragon Quest III and it wasn't compatible with my operating system. It had a problem starting up the game, I guess it was an issue with 5.0.1 Lollipop, but I digress. Dragon Quest is still looking up though!

Happy Anniversary Dragon Quest. Been a fan since the GBC days thanks to Dragon Warrior Monsters.

Yeah absolutely! I still remember playing Gobi and Tara's adventure when I was a kid. Catching the boss monsters was a pretty big draw for me as a kid. I think the first main entry that I played as a kid had to be Dragon Warrior III for GBC. My brother and I had a good time playing that one.

Meant to say Cobi but Gobi works just fine lol

Edited by PrimeSlime26

Properly applied, that's how long a good varnish should last.

• Upvote 2

Nothing says celebration like sipping on some sake while regaling your adventures...

I would see Square Enix celebrating Dragon Quest's 30th anniversary with a Collection for PlayStation and Nintendo platforms

Really?

I see them celebrating while getting drunk, flicking us off & telling stupid-American jokes.

I would see Square Enix celebrating Dragon Quest's 30th anniversary with a Collection for PlayStation and Nintendo platforms

Really?

I see them celebrating while getting drunk, flicking us off & telling stupid-American jokes.

In Europe we didn't see a lot of Dragon Quest games, only 4,5,6,8 and 9, the first trilogy is for smartphone which I hate playing my games on smartphone.

It would be nice releasing DragonQuest 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, porting of the original games for PlayStation and Nintendo home consoles.

for an Eu player the only way to play DQ (NES) and SNES via Emulators :( 

p.s I'm not promoting rom, but this is the only way to experience the original DQ games in Europe, sadly and also I would pay for an 30th anniversary DQ for EUROPEAN DQ fans

Edited by twinspectre