Sign in to follow this  
King Zenith

English Release Announcement - October 2016

Awesome, glad to see this game is on the way. Thanks for sharing this King Zenith.

• Upvote 1

So October for Builders, PS4 release is retail/digital and Vita is digital only.

Hoping to get some news on DQVII 3DS soon with a release date as well.

At least Vita is getting it in any format. I'll practically have to sell my kidney to buy a memory card though. At least it gives me hope for a Heroes 2 Vita release.

• Upvote 1

This is fantastic, the best way to celebrate the anniversary is announcing releases :P

The Dragon Quest Twitter also just said:

Later this year DQVII, DQVIII & DQBuilders will be coming to the west. Happy #DQ30thslime_72x72.png

• Upvote 3

Man I am super hyped! My son is a huge Minecraft fanatic and he really wants to play this game. I'm hoping to have a real father-son bonding moment with this game lol.

Such a great time to be a DQ fan. All the mobile stuff, DQ Heroes, Builders, and DQ 7 and 8 3DS all within a couple of years.

• Upvote 1

Oh hey Bob, good to see you're back again.

And yes, all this DQ news and announcements is very nice.

Thanks. I've been meaning to come back and yak it up some but life has been life lately lol. I haven't played games very much since my Christmas break so I guess I haven't had much urge to talk about them.

I wonder when DQ 7 is going to hit. FF 15 is September and DQB is October, so maybe November/December?

Happy happy anniversary from everyone at Benni...I mean Dragon's Den (dear lord, I watch way too much South Park).

This is fantastic news!

Thanks. I've been meaning to come back and yak it up some but life has been life lately lol. I haven't played games very much since my Christmas break so I guess I haven't had much urge to talk about them.

I wonder when DQ 7 is going to hit. FF 15 is September and DQB is October, so maybe November/December?

that would kill it.  Utterly kill it.

August is still possible, I can see a 2~3 month window of hardcore advertising like with DQ9.

• Upvote 1

Happy happy anniversary from everyone at Benni...I mean Dragon's Den (dear lord, I watch way too much South Park).

This is fantastic news!

that would kill it. Utterly kill it.

August is still possible, I can see a 2~3 month window of hardcore advertising like with DQ9.

Now I have that song in my head from South Park. I kinda wanna watch that episode now.

Gooble gobble gooble gobble...

I thought about August but it just seemed too soon for me. Seems like we know release dates several months in advance (such as Builders being released five months from now). Still am E3 announcement of an August release date isn't unbelievable.

My gut is telling me November though. :)

[Edit] Timmy!

Edited by Bob_the_Almighty

I thought about August but it just seemed too soon for me. Seems like we know release dates several months in advance (such as Builders being released five months from now). Still am E3 announcement of an August release date isn't unbelievable.

My gut is telling me November though. :)

[Edit] Timmy!

It's not gonna be November with Nintendo publishing when they have Pokemon Sun/Moon and Yokai Watch 2 set for fall.

DQVI DS got a release date 3 months before it actually came out, I would say we'll see it by September at the latest.

Edited by Tiael

I can't be mad about the lack of a physical version for the Vita, I'm just glad we're getting it at all!

That talk about "building on the foundations" of having Dragon Quest titles on Playstation in the blog post gives me the tiniest bit of hope of the PS4 port of DQX possibly coming here, but I'm still keeping my expectations in check.

• Upvote 1

So nice, your grammar is falling apart. Edited by eal

So nice, your grammar is falling apart.

Just practicing Yoda speak I am.

I am still stoked about DQB! That is the game that I have been looking forward to a US version of. I am so getting my wife hooked on this game!

Sounds like Platty needs some "predict the date" contests

What great news! I had a good feeling about us getting Builders.

A bit bummed we still don't know the dates for VII and VIII though.

VIII has to come out a few months after VII...but every month is pretty packed with releases.

I'm curious if this game takes place in an alternate world Alefgard or if it's supposed to be right after the events of DQ1. Other than the whole "if you build it, they will come" gameplay, I don't much about this title.

Spoiler tagging it just in case people don't want the answer.

It's an alternate one where the player says "yes" to joining the Dragonlord.

Edited by DarkBaramos
  • Upvote 1

From the YouTube announcement post

The story of Dragon Quest Builders follows a “what if” story following the original Dragon Quest. In this story the realm has been destroyed because the Hero (from DQ1) who was supposed to save the world by defeating the evil Dragonlord, actually got tempted into accepting a sham deal with him.
The protagonist (that’s you) who can be either a boy or girl, is awoken by a Guardian Spirit as the Legendary Builder who is the only person in the world with the knowledge to create objects through combination and imagination. It’s now up to you to rebuild the world and restore it to its former glory!

From the YouTube announcement post

The story of Dragon Quest Builders follows a “what if†story following the original Dragon Quest. In this story the realm has been destroyed because the Hero (from DQ1) who was supposed to save the world by defeating the evil Dragonlord, actually got tempted into accepting a sham deal with him.

The protagonist (that’s you) who can be either a boy or girl, is awoken by a Guardian Spirit as the Legendary Builder who is the only person in the world with the knowledge to create objects through combination and imagination. It’s now up to you to rebuild the world and restore it to its former glory!

Sounds interesting! Wonder if (or when) you'll run into the traitorous descendant of Erdrick... Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit