Sign in to follow this  
Mimas

Announced for China

It only took that long? Did they had a lot of the work done beforehand upon announcement or they just rushed it out hard somehow?  If they decided to localize it to the west and in at least 3 languages wouldn't it take at least 6 months?

I have to assume they were working on it before they officially announced it because 5 months seems incredibly short for an mmorpg. I don't know how long it would take to translate to 3 languages. It depends on the manpower and how much time they put into it. Seeing that it took 5 months from official announcement to being playable is still very, very fast.

Isn't it still in beta though? That probably means a lot of content is still not accessible to the player, which means it isn't necessarily all translated yet.

Also, I've noticed that a lot of DQ games got fan translated to Chinese in a very short time period - including some that haven't even been translated to english yet, like the GBA Torneko games. I have a feeling that they're rush jobs. Plus, on a technical level, everything needed for a Japanese-Chinese translation patch in any modern game is already built in. The Chinese written language is structured like Japanese Kanji, and in fact, uses a lot of the same characters (Kanji borrows from Chinese characters).

Chinese translation group BCD uploaded translation patches for the following games in 2015:

Dragon Quest Characters: Torneko no Daibouken 2 GBA

Dragon Quest Characters: Torneko no Daibouken 3 GBA

Dragon Warrior 3 GBC

Dragon Quest 4 NDS

Dragon Quest 5 NDS

Dragon Quest 6 NDS

Dragon Quest 9 NDS
Dragon Quest Monsters GBC

Dragon Quest Monsters 1&2 PSX

Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker NDS

Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 NDS

Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 Pro NDS

Surely these were rush jobs, but surely if one team can do all these in a year, a beta of DQX could be done in a few months.

Edited by Erdrick The Hero