Sign in to follow this  
YangustheLegendaryBandit

Yangus's Secondly Brave Bravely Second Journal

I'm in Chapter 5 now. I screwed up the sequence of events at first, but then it crossed my mind to use a certain action command and voila, the opening changed.

I assumed Yew's strength and levels would add up and allow him to damage the Kaiser, thus causing the game to switch to chapter 5. Figured it would be "oh wait, how did Yew deal damage when," kind of event, catching everyone off guard and changing the order of events. But then after I thought about it, I restarted and used Bravely Second, and sure enough everyone else showed up to support Yew.

• Upvote 2

Good for you for figuring that out! I'd read a little ahead in a guide somewhere, which was good because I wasn't paying enough attention while watching TV and BSing to have figured that out.

So while doing side quests again to get more job classes, the game FINALLY addressed what happened to Yulyana. Only took 50 hours to do so...

I'm so sad you can't visit his house anymore, but I did find the Chompshire to the south of his home. Blew all my money on buying the rest of the magic spells I didn't have.

• Upvote 1

I now have all but the last 3 job classes, which means it's time to move on with the main story. Question is, when will I have access to these 3 final classes.

(And that's not me actually asking when I will get access to them, just speaking aloud.)

Oh man...that chapter 5 encounter with Geist and Revenant got me teary eyed after the battle. The cutscenes that followed did it, but I have a soft spot for father son relationships. I won't go into details, but I never had the real chance of a father son relationship with my own dad since he passed away when I was young, so seeing Revenant and Geist interact and hearing what Edea had to say got me.

I'm now in Chapter 6. The writing has vastly improved, and I feel interested in the story just like I once was in Default.

Now it's time to find out what exactly happened to Caldisla, or rather why it was gone for so long on the world map. It's certainly ominous it's called "Land of Endings," now.

Jolly show.

I'm now in Chapter 6. The writing has vastly improved, and I feel interested in the story just like I once was in Default.

Now it's time to find out what exactly happened to Caldisla, or rather why it was gone for so long on the world map. It's certainly ominous it's called "Land of Endings," now.

Not too mysterious with that name, it's based on their booming massage parlor businesses.

• Upvote 1

I should've known.

Right now I'm attempting to complete Braev's side quest. I was wondering why I couldn't fully explore Everlast Tower back in chapter 4, so hopefully now I can explore the rest with no problems. Already went through Central Command and found the Templar Shield, but it would be too easy if you only needed one of the items.

On a side note, I found out which music CD has the Nemesis and Ba'al theme on it from Bravely Default via Amazon, and the full opening and closing theme for Bravely Second over on iTunes. If this means I can have a complete Bravely Soundtrack playlist on my iPod, I'm happy. Plus the Nemesis and Ba'al battle themes are just too good.

I was pretty butthurt that those themes were on a separate CD, I love the Baal theme.

I should've known.

Right now I'm attempting to complete Braev's side quest. I was wondering why I couldn't fully explore Everlast Tower back in chapter 4, so hopefully now I can explore the rest with no problems. Already went through Central Command and found the Templar Shield, but it would be too easy if you only needed one of the items.

Haha, that's what I did too :P I can't remember if you need them both or not, though

I should've known.

Haha, that's what I did too :P I can't remember if you need them both or not, though

Having both (but equipping neither) gave me an exchange were Braev acknowledged Edea for growing up.

Now I'm off to do the Vampire Castle quest.

I should've known.

Haha, that's what I did too I can't remember if you need them both or not, though
Having both (but equipping neither) gave me an exchange were Braev acknowledged Edea for growing up.

That Quest was rough.

I should've known.

Oh boy! Story time with DeRosso! Except wait he's not in this game....

Also just wondering, did you remember to use Tiz's Special Move during the first fight with Geist? :P

Edited by SlimeVagrant

I should've known.

Oh boy! Story time with DeRosso! Except wait he's not in this game....

Also just wondering, did you remember to use Tiz's Special Move during the first fight with Geist? :P

Too soon, Slime, too soon. God I miss DeRosso and Yulyana.

And no, I did not...I think. Honestly I can't remember, why do you ask?

Altair has his own set of quotes when he's controlling Tiz ;)

OH that's right, I did use a special move via Altair. Completely forgot about that. I can't remember WHAT Altair said, but I remember during that fight the background changed to Urchin's area and the music changed to Altair and Vega's theme.

He says

"Like spinach we fight to the finish!"

I laughed so hard. It's so dumb.

I'm thinking of starting a NG+ at chapter 3 just so I can hear that again.

Edited by SlimeVagrant

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I am loving this Vampire Castle side quest. So many new surprises with each floor, and with the last surprise being an old friend....hell to the yes, this is how you lead up to the finale.

Now it's time to battle that foxy vixen once and for all and hear the final truth. HOOOOOO WAAAAAAA!

I now have all te job classes. And now they can go beyond level 10. AND it looks like the newest class is powered by none other than the demons that once haunted Norende, otherwise our returning shout out to the 4 Heroes of Light.

I'm not sure if I'll go after them or head off to finish the game. I assume I've reached the final hours seeing as how we have to travel to the Great Chasm site once more.

I now have all te job classes. And now they can go beyond level 10. AND it looks like the newest class is powered by none other than the demons that once haunted Norende, otherwise our returning shout out to the 4 Heroes of Light.

I'm not sure if I'll go after them or head off to finish the game. I assume I've reached the final hours seeing as how we have to travel to the Great Chasm site once more.

You are correct.  I put the game on pause in the middle of my hunting for all demons.  When I brought myself back it wasn't long at all (think 1-3 hours) before I was finishing it off.  Of course I could've wandered around getting more powered up past level 10 in a lot of things, but I was at my own burn-out point.

I was kind of disapointed that the game ends so soon after getting the final job. Feels like you don't really get to use it that much.

• Upvote 1

I was kind of disapointed that the game ends so soon after getting the final job. Feels like you don't really get to use it that much.

It's bizarre you can't get the Kaiser, Templar, and Yokai class until the final chapters. I mean, the Templar was a late class in Default, but you had 4 more chapters to use it in.

I am thinking about NG+ immediately once I finish, carrying over all the jobs, money, and Fort Lune progress I made. While it's semi-cheating having all the jobs at the start, I'd like to give the game a proper playthrough without any difficulty adjusting shenanigans. Plus I figure having all the jobs in the beginning will make the experience a little more fun.

Yeah, heck I barely even used Kaiser at all. I did use Yokai a heck of a lot through the postgame. Their echo ability is really good (and it even echos itself sometimes). Now that I'm talking about it I think I might start that NG+ soon. Might help tie over my JRPG craving until DQ7.

Yeah, heck I barely even used Kaiser at all. I did use Yokai a heck of a lot through the postgame. Their echo ability is really good (and it even echos itself sometimes). Now that I'm talking about it I think I might start that NG+ soon. Might help tie over my JRPG craving until DQ7.

Since I'm close enough now, what can I expect for post game? As in number of dungeons, bosses, stuff like that? Don't spill what exactly these locations are or who the bosses might be (please) but depending on what you say I'll jump straight to NG+ or not.

By the way, do you need to kill the 7 demons to use new skills for the Yokai class? I know the game pointed out we need to kill them, but I wasn't sure if that was a hint to go after them to boost the class.