Sign in to follow this  
YangustheLegendaryBandit

Yangus's Secondly Brave Bravely Second Journal

Unlocking game music to play in the chomp minigame, which is essentially a jukebox mode.

Seriously almost made me tear up after I spent so much time on it. And in a bad way.
Don't deny your true enjoyment of chomp craft. Plus how else would you enjoy your secret desire of video game music? ;)
I played, but I didn't listen.

-Platty Clinton

Denial is the first step. Stand by for anger...
Damnit! Damnit! Damnit!

4 hours wasted! I'm so pissed!

😠

Then there's fear...
Oh no, what if I messed up my only chance to advance today? I mean, my time is so limited. And family arrives at the vacation house tomorrow. Less time to play. I'm now worried I won't finish in time for DQVII. Errrr... 😕
4th is bargaining...
What I wouldn't give to have those hours back today. I mean, I could have a thief oder red mage by now. Heck, I could've come to other decision points. Can I spend SP to go back in time. I'd give all 3 SP to go back and redo today's play time. Heck, I'd buy a potion for more!

Unlocking game music to play in the chomp minigame, which is essentially a jukebox mode.

Seriously almost made me tear up after I spent so much time on it. And in a bad way.
Don't deny your true enjoyment of chomp craft. Plus how else would you enjoy your secret desire of video game music? ;)
I played, but I didn't listen.

-Platty Clinton

Denial is the first step. Stand by for anger...
Damnit! Damnit! Damnit!

4 hours wasted! I'm so pissed!

😠

Then there's fear...
Oh no, what if I messed up my only chance to advance today? I mean, my time is so limited. And family arrives at the vacation house tomorrow. Less time to play. I'm now worried I won't finish in time for DQVII. Errrr... 😕
4th is bargaining...
What I wouldn't give to have those hours back today. I mean, I could have a thief oder red mage by now. Heck, I could've come to other decision points. Can I spend SP to go back in time. I'd give all 3 SP to go back and redo today's play time. Heck, I'd buy a potion for more!

And finally, acceptance...

I mean, I guess I had a lot of fun today. And mainly I set the game aside for 10 . minutes, came back and played for 3, set aside for 10, played for 3. I suppose it wasn't a bad way to spend my day. Other than all the unexpected yard work. It's all good. Now to pick Red Mage!

I mean, I guess I had a lot of fun today. And mainly I set the game aside for 10 . minutes, came back and played for 3, set aside for 10, played for 3. I suppose it wasn't a bad way to spend my day. Other than all the unexpected yard work. It's all good. Now to pick Red Mage!

Mr. Plattym, your progress astounds me.

ANYWAY, I'm now at the point of choosing Monk or Valkyrie in the first chapter 3 side quest. I'll admit I'm more for the Monk's side (or rather the guy Barras is working with) but I hated the Valkyrie class in Default. For it being a physical damage dealing class I thought it was terribly outclassed by every other class, even when jumping.

Hmm...

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Awww, thanks. You're the 3,729th person to have told me that.

Awww, thanks. You're the 3,729th person to have told me that.

Guess I was late to the party. Better late than never, I suppose. :P

• Upvote 1

Took the liberty to grind for cash to get Edea and Magnolia's alternate costumes. Good to see they gave Edea her Default costume along with Tiz. Kind of indifferent to Magnolia's, but now she has some variety.

I tried starting the next story area but I feel like it's a magic based area rather than physical based because counter attacks.

When you get back into this, Twinsie, definitely use your friends' battleships on the moon. I've killed almost 2 Ba'als per day for the past couple weeks and finally just looked at what their drop items do. They're like stat seeds. Some give +1 to certain attributes, but some give like +100HP or +100MP. I even had 4 that gave +1 to all stats +100HP AND +100MP, all in 1 freaking item! It was amazing. Yew now has almost 700MP and I'm still at level 70. Ba'al busting has really paid off.

Yeah, those unearthly buns are nice.

Edited by Tiael

When you get back into this, Twinsie, definitely use your friends' battleships on the moon. I've killed almost 2 Ba'als per day for the past couple weeks and finally just looked at what their drop items do. They're like stat seeds. Some give +1 to certain attributes, but some give like +100HP or +100MP. I even had 4 that gave +1 to all stats +100HP AND +100MP, all in 1 freaking item! It was amazing. Yew now has almost 700MP and I'm still at level 70. Ba'al busting has really paid off.

I'll get back to Second eventually. Kinda sucks it hasn't drawn me in as much as Default did, but them's the breaks.

• Upvote 1

(Benediction)

So, I'm reviving the journal again. We'll see how long I go before stopping again. Honestly I'm tempted just to put the game on easy and speed through the game just to finish it.

Anyway, I did the side quest for the Performer class. Hate Praline's song, liked Barbarossa's, so I chose to fight Praline. Then the song started playing in that fight...Revo would be sad his music wasn't used.

I'm not liking this full magic build I've had to run for the Florem area. Physical damage does squat, but summoner magic is godlike.

Keep it up!  When I finally faded on the game, it was definitely Bravely Burnout playing both back to back.

When I picked it back up I was literally 2 hours away from the end, so that was good.

I'll try. I need to actually finish another RPG at some point this year.

I'm up to Geist's sudden appearance in Sagitta village, and discovered who the man with the purple pen is. I still need to fight Geist, but who knows how that will go. Like I said, I've been running an all magic team throughout the Florem reason, because physical damage has become rather mute at this point. Maybe I'm just missing something build wise. Whatever the case, I hate relying on magic to do damage.

Odd. I never relied on magic. My two women were always triple-weapon welding, wolf stance using powerhouses. I never had any problems. Magic was always healing and support.

Yes, I remember abusing Wolf Stance like crazy. But I remember in Florem someone mentioned enemies in this region are a lot more susceptible to magic, so that's why I did the full switch. It could have been referring to only a few enemies, but who knows. It's been like 2 or 3 months since I've played, so I need to catch my bearings.

• Upvote 1

Well $#!&, the pillar of light is back.

Oh, and thanks for two bosses in a row game in the water temple. I swear to god this game does nothing but piss me off. Breezing through on Casual mode is too tempting just to finish this game off, or at the least create a copy of my file that's still on Normal while the other is lowered to Casual so I can actually enjoy what parts of the game I like. It's like playing Persona 3 and 4 all over again: enjoyed the characters, story, music, and environments, but HATING the gameplay.

You shan't have my Take Your Heart premium edition!

I'm in chapter 4 now. Went for the dark knight asterisk, so we'll see if I can get my old set up going from Default to bum rush the game.

• Upvote 1

I need to pick BS back up before DQ7 comes out.  I kind of didn't like having to choose between all of the old jobs.  I understand that they wanted players to use the newer classes, but many of those old jobs are irreplaceable in my opinion.

I need to pick BS back up before DQ7 comes out.  I kind of didn't like having to choose between all of the old jobs.  I understand that they wanted players to use the newer classes, but many of those old jobs are irreplaceable in my opinion.

Well, see that's the point, but...

once you reach a certain chapter you get to go back and choose the other one and have all jobs available to you.

And yes, I found that annoying too.  Pirate/Performer was my hardest call.  Those were the 2 I used the most in BD.

I'm disappointed in Performer. Their support costs a lot of MP this time, and if I remember right they had a specific skill that cut the Mp cost in half in Default. Doesn't look like they have it here... :/

Oh yeah, that makes it less messed up.  From what I understand, that doesn't happen until much later?  I can't remember how far I got until I look at my game.

I'm disappointed in Performer. Their support costs a lot of MP this time, and if I remember right they had a specific skill that cut the Mp cost in half in Default. Doesn't look like they have it here... :/

True. But I found myself with much more MP this time. Abuse the moonbase and fight the Ba'als there. I got so many stat boosting power. Heck, I might have been in the 70s beating the game with 700+ MP and never came close to running out.

I haven't fought the Ba'als very much. But my ship is up to level 49, so I may start abuse killing them for their rewards. And my party is around the same level too, by the way.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Upvote 1