Sign in to follow this  
YangustheLegendaryBandit

Yangus's Secondly Brave Bravely Second Journal

Hello all, ol' Yangus here with another journal to add to the collection. After having such a good time with Bravely Default, it only made sense to buy the sequel and log my journey through Luxendarc once again! So welcome to the Bravely Second gameplay journal, or "Y's Journal," for short.

Please note, that if you haven't started/finished playing Default, don't follow along with this journal. I'll be addressing some parts/story bits of Default, so proceed with caution!

As of now, I've started my progress through Pilgrim's Path. Yew stands small in skills compared to Nikolai and Janne (which will likely come into play down the line if I had to guess knowing how the last game worked with special skills).

I'm surprised how sudden the game thrusts the story on you to head out and save Agnes. I'm curious how an agreement was made between her and the Duchy for peace, but I'm sure time will present this answer eventually.

I also like that the full game addresses the demo's adventure. True none of them can remember the journey much, but it's a nice tie in.

Onward to a new adventure!

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Here it is! :D I'm excited to follow along again! 

I could not care less in life about spoilers; worrying about them is as pointless as worrying about the weather - ain't nothing I'm going to be able to do about it. I'll be reading.

Well we all knew YOU would Platty. That's not a surprise to anyone, or at least me. :P

• Upvote 1

I'll be adding my footnotes XD

At events in Eisenberg, interesting turns abound!

And with that, back to ice cream.

I'll be adding my footnotes XD

At events in Eisenberg, interesting turns abound!

And with that, back to ice cream.

HEY! You go back to the Bravely Second topic and post your progress there (please)! Back I say!

Anyway, $#!& already got real in Pilgrim's Grove. This game is really starting off with a bang story wise!

I'll keep it vague! Just area progress if it's something from the original.

:P

Ah, so you've reached the part I was waiting for :)

Ah, so you've reached the part I was waiting for :)

Oh yeah. And now Yew really does stand alone. Is it bad I feel more sympathy for him than I did for Tiz?

No, I think that's fine. Similar things happened to them both. :)

It's not to say I didn't feel sympathy for Tiz by any means. But comparing the two (as of now) I feel Yew is a more varied character thanks to his fearless yet cowardly personality compared to Tiz's flat character early on in Default. Party chat helped develop Tiz, and as the game went on I came to like him more and more. He grew on me, and that moment of his in Chapter 6 during the Conjurer side quest got me.

I love Yew, my new favorite character from the two games.

Hope to see him in a possible Bravely Third.

I love Yew, my new favorite character from the two games.

Hope to see him in a possible Bravely Third.

My sentiments exactly! :)

Yew really stands out compared to the other characters. I liked him right away when I played the demo. The voice actor is PERFECT too, he sounds really genuine. (I've said this before, but ehhhh :P )

If you ever watch the Venture Bros on Adult Swim (or clips online) pay attention to Dean Venture (the brother with brown hair). There are striking similarities between Dean and Yew, which makes the casting all the better.

Love Venture Bros., this past season was awesome.

The Blue Monarch!

I've had a copy of the first season of Venture Bros. in my house for years, never watched it. Maybe I should!

Just went and watched some clips of Dean, and wow, he does sound like Yew. That's funny! The voice actor apparently has a ton of roles too... one example I noticed was he was the original voice of Donatello from the Ninja Turtles. :P

I've had a copy of the first season of Venture Bros. in my house for years, never watched it. Maybe I should!

Just went and watched some clips of Dean, and wow, he does sound like Yew. That's funny! The voice actor apparently has a ton of roles too... one example I noticed was he was the original voice of Donatello from the Ninja Turtles. :P

Oh yeah, he's done a lot of great work through the years in a lot of programs. He's in the movie Summer Wars as the lead, and does a good job there too.

As for progress, the first job asterisk has been obtained, the Wizard! After seeing what this class could do in the demo, I'm all too happy it's the first class you get!

And an old friend is back to join the fight, Edea Lee!

So I got slightly distracted by Twilight Princess Picross now that I had enough points through MyNintendo.

But back to BS, glad to see you're enjoying it Yangus and looking forward to more of your thoughts as you progress.

To quote HCBailly: "MORE PARTY MEMBERS!"

Magnolia has joined the party, and now I can start working on the moon! I'll have to see if I can get it built as fast as Norende.

I do wish I could gain JP faster at this point. It took awhile to get Yew up to level 3 Freelancer in order to get Divine Rod. Hopefully the ability to fight enemies again and again will pop up soon.

Also, the Astrologer is a giant. Here I thought Nikolai and Braev were big by Bravely standards, but the Astrologer? He's like a colossus.

I was surprised, because Edea was my favorite character in the first game, with Tiz as a second, but then Second comes around and Yew has stolen the first place spot, with Magnolia being my second favorite.

Charioteer class get!

I'll miss Cu's yelling. Only a loud mouth like that would serve a quiet witch like Bella...

Wait, now I really wish Vampire was back. The Bella Edward Twilight jokes would be running rampant.

At last, Tiz is back!

The scene between him and Agnes got to me, especially because "Beneath the Hollow Moon," started playing. That song gets me choked up - a rare feat shared by "The Day the Wind Blew" for music that can get me to do that - and it was so nice to see how happy Edea and Agnes were to see their old friend.

This time Tiz is going to be a physical powerhouse instead of full on support like in Default.

And at least I now know who was on the box art for the game.

Oh, hahaha, you didn't know it was Tiz? :P