Our DQ Games on our Profile

Sorry, if it was that simple I would have done that, problem is I cannot control the HTML with the way that the board processes the options list, and if you make a profile option like that it always shows on the sidebar as well. You would have to had the skin to do it.

Here is what I can give it as an example, anything else added in there breaks the processing.

dq1msx=Dragon Quest I (MSX)
dq2msx=Dragon Quest II (MSX)
dq1snes=Dragon Quest I (SNES)
dq2snes=Dragon Quest II (SNES)

Here is what happens I if I do this as a test

dq1msx=Dragon Quest I (MSX)<br>
dq2msx=Dragon Quest II (MSX)<br>

<br>
dq1snes=Dragon Quest I (SNES)<br>
dq2snes=Dragon Quest II (SNES)<br>

formatting.png

Hm, that's unfortunate...

I'll look into the nature of the code a bit further, see if there's any way to make it so that the option could be a bit more legible.

Edit: What changes in the main profile? Just extra breaks? Since I stand by the option for main profile only for this, given the amount of space it can take...

Edited by Glaceon Mage

I guess I can remove them from the topic view (reading the forum posts), I misread one of the fields. Would that help at all if I did that at least? As for formatting in the profile edit, I haven't found much yet.

Yeah, that'd be grand, since all the scrolling is a bit annoying.

Haven't found a way to fix the CP formatting either. It's rather annoying that input tags can't be closed...

Edit: wow, displaying it below Awards when there are none is kinda awkward >~>

Edited by Glaceon Mage

I think it'd be a cute feature to have in our profiles, but having it on each post looks crazy. I think I'm gonna remove mine. D:

Also, Dragon Quest X for PC is missing, and Dokodemo Parade is spelled PArade... :)

I can remove it from the post view and just leave in the profile view if everyone likes that best.

I can remove it from the post view and just leave in the profile view if everyone likes that best.

If we can't come up with a cleaner looking solution (icons like the awards, maybe?), then that would be the best choice.

Yeah, it stretches posts out and creates a lot of unnecessary blank space at the bottom.  I tried to go in and see if I could just put the words, "a lot" for Games Owned, but it's check-box based.  Maybe this is better used in signatures if people want to include it at all.

I tried to do icons, but it parses the whole selection of items as one string so it won't be easy to get them to images either. Anyone know how to write hooks for IPB?

DQI&II on GBC and SNES are separate for some reason. DQX PC is still missing. Torneko 2 GBA is missing. Itadaki Street PS2 and PSP really should use their proper names (Itadaki Street Special and Itadaki Street Portable, respectively) as otherwise they appear to be two versions of the same game, which they are not (despite the similarities). (Itadaki Street DS is OK though - that's what it's actually called.)

Also, the DQX expansions (DQX Version 2 and DQX Version 3) are not listed.

For whatever reason, DQMJ2Pro shows up after DQMJ3 in the list.

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

One more missing game - Dragon Quest Heroes PC

Personally, I'd probably consolidate DQX like he did with the mobile games and just change (Wii) to (Various), or something like that, since we all play the same game on the same servers.

Good idea adding the expansions;  never crossed my mind...lol.

Now that I think about it, Dragon Quest Heroes (PS3) is missing as well.

So combining all versions and remakes and such into something simple like:

Dq1

DQ2

Dq3

DQHTWTWATBB

And so on has been decided to be a bad thing?

I don't know how the database side for this is handled. Is it a single table with a record for each available option?

If possible, I would have two tables for this. One would have the game, the other (child table) would have the different versions of the game from the parent table.

The available options would be obtained from the child table, but it may be easier to group things by having the data split this way.

--

In other news, DQ Heroes, DQ Heroes 2 and DQ Builders are in more platforms, not only PS4. My copy of Heroes is for the PS3, and I want to buy the Vita versions of Heroes 2 and Builders.

And something else that I have thought for years.

The third (not counting the two versions of DQM 2) Dragon Quest Monsters game was never "DQM 3". It is "Dragon Quest Monsters: Caravan Heart", without any number on it.

I don't know how the database side for this is handled. Is it a single table with a record for each available option?

If possible, I would have two tables for this. One would have the game, the other (child table) would have the different versions of the game from the parent table.

The available options would be obtained from the child table, but it may be easier to group things by having the data split this way.

I agree, but the way the board stores it is whatever you checked, separated by a pipe. So it is like dw1nes|dw2nes so since I haven't figured out how to write hooks yet, I don't have any way to custom script that data in or out.