Our DQ Games on our Profile

In a different topic on here, we came up with a nice-sounding suggestion for the Den, so I figured I'd post in on the suggestion board to see where it goes:

How about adding a section for what Dragon Quest games we have/have played/have beaten/etc. to our profiles?  Ideally in a standardized way (with checkboxes/dropdowns for each title).

• Upvote 1

I said it elsewhere, but I'm completely behind this suggestion.

To take it a step further, I've always liked the idea of taking the purchase-based badges and placing them in that gray bar beside our usernames straight across. Sort of as a way to de-clutter the badge section.

Aw but then I'd have to completely change my signature D:

In all seriousness though these are pretty good ideas.

The purchase badges should stay in the badge section, as they are time limited. But an indication of who owns what would be cool. I like to keep a list of games in my signature.

• Upvote 1

I added it, it is kind of ugly and shows in the post information, if you have a lot of games it will be longer than your posts sometimes.

Take a look at mine.

We could shorten to the abbreviations.

Edited by Woodus

Maybe it could be tightened up if it listed the game alongside whichever consoles you own it on? Like: Dragon Quest V (SNES, DS, Android/iOS)

Maybe it could be tightened up if it listed the game alongside whichever consoles you own it on? Like: Dragon Quest V (SNES, DS, Android/iOS)

That's a good idea.

Thanks!  (^-^)

Of the games I have, two of them weren't on the list, though: Dragon Quest X - Odekake Moshasu de Battle (3DS) and Dragon Quest - Dokodemo Monster Parade (iOS/Android)

Edited by MKVarana

That's a good idea.

I think that would actually make it longer, they way IPB does it is a one for one, so I have them in there like this.

dq1msx=Dragon Quest I (MSX)

dq2msx=Dragon Quest II (MSX)

dq1snes=Dragon Quest I (SNES)

dq2snes=Dragon Quest II (SNES)

Thanks!  (^-^)

Of the games I have, two of them weren't on the list, though: Dragon Quest X - Odekake Moshasu de Battle (3DS) and Dragon Quest - Dokodemo Monster PArade (iOS/Android)

I have added those, let me know any others that are missing.

I'll be the one to say it:  This is all very unsightly. :worried: 

Honestly, I don't think was a needed feature at all, but that's probably just me.  :puzzled:

My 2G = Abbreviations are better, icons (like contest badges) are even better, is this for actually owning the game or having played it or beat it or... what?  Do we even need to worry about the 45 versions of DW/DQ1?  Are the remakes & side games even important enough to display?  Remakes of side games? 

I said it elsewhere, but I'm completely behind this suggestion.

With my concerns, does this put me in front of this suggestion?

What if you only selected whether or not you own the game, in any version?

Just have "Dragon Quest I", "Dragon Quest VII", "Dragon Quest VIII", etc., and you choose it if you own any version? So if you own VII on the PSX, 3DS, or mobile, for example, you just choose "Dragon Quest VII".

Might make it significantly shorter.

Edited by gooieooie
  • Upvote 2

I'm kind of with Platty on this one.  It's a lot of clutter.  On the other hand, icons might be cool.  One for each game, but not different ones for different versions of a game.

Personally, I think remakes should be grouped by game, rather than the large mass we see at once. It was very hard to pick through to find what I own (though I unfortunately lost four of these, the DS ones, I still purchased them so I'm counting them).

So have

Dragon Warrior (NES)

*remakes*

Dragon Warrior II (NES)

*remakes*

etc.

Obviously, have the sidegames listed after and similarly grouped by both sub series and entry/variations. Use line breaks to help distinguish the groups (ie leave an entire line of profile editing totally blank between groups).

Don't have them in this blob format. It'll take more scrolling, but it'll be much neater if it was in an orderly, vertical list.

• Upvote 1

It is possible to have this information listed out beneath our signatures rather than on the side?

It is possible to have this information listed out beneath our signatures rather than on the side?

Or even better, main profile only. Mine may be short, but some of these lists are pretty long and just taking up unnecessary space to scroll when trying to casually browse the forum.

Edit: This seems to be an issue with mini profiles in general here. They're mini for a reason...

Edited by Glaceon Mage

If this blight has to be upon us, maybe up here is best?  Although, I'm guessing that's not an option with IP.Board.

G728HFS.jpg

Edited by Plattym3

...I'm starting to think that it wasn't a great idea after all, now. I think we should probably just put stuff like this in our signatures, as some people already do.

• Upvote 1

...I'm starting to think that it wasn't a great idea after all, now. I think we should probably just put stuff like this in our signatures, as some people already do.

Join the Platty side. We have crème brûlée.

A compelling draw, Platty...

But yeah, as it is now, it can extend posts to massive degrees. I thought that these would just show up on our profile pages, but if it shows up in our posts as it does now, we'd need to change the layout for it if we wanted to shorten posts, and that seems like... a lot of effort for something like this.

It's a neat idea, but maybe it's best left for signatures.

• Upvote 1

Okay so

I started working on ordering and organizing this better, I ripped the code from the User CP and am using what HTML knowledge I have to fix it into a more legible format while I have spare time.

It'll take me a while, but I'll post the new code here when I finish, assuming I'm allowed.

Edit: screencap of progress:

f31c48f37b.png

Edited by Glaceon Mage